Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Kaiser Sacramento
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||2.9||3.0|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||2.4||1.0|
|3. Hospital Technology||2.7||2.0|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||2.9||1.0|
|5. Cafeteria food||1.9||1.0|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||2.1||1.0|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||2.3||1.0|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||3.4||4.0|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||3.4||3.0|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||2.1||1.0|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||4.1||4.0|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||3.7||5.0|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||2.4||1.0|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||2.7||1.0|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||4.4||5.0|
|17. How well staffed are they||3.3||3.0|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||2.7||2.0|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||2.3||1.0|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||2.1||1.0|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||56.7(7)||42.0(1)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the Tele department(s) in the hospital. 04/29/2020 Housing was approximately 10 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Private . Housing was located in city of Elk Grove. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5.
- I worked in the Telemetry department(s) in the hospital. As most travelers report you will be floated constantly every shift. One day I was floated so many times between taking a list and being break nurse that I had taken report on over 26 patients. The hospital is mostly Philippino nurses and management. Which isn't being racist they cater to hiring nurses from the Philippines. Which is just another culture barrier for travel nurses. It is correct they treat travel nurses very poorly. You will float all day long from unit to unit. You will be so mentally and physically exhausted every day you will feel like you are going to have a nervous breakdown. The assistant nurse managers are micromanaged and have to act as managers on the units and as charge nurses. You do not have any support. When you are drowning nobody will help you. There are always some good nurses and management but everyone is just trying to cover their own butts. I would not recommend this hospital to travel nurses. 08/23/2018 Housing was approximately 5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was stipend. Housing was located in city of sacramento. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. Stipend, private housing.
- I worked in the med surg/tele department(s) in the hospital. THE WORST HOSPITAL I HAVE EVER WORKED. Literally EVERY traveler says the same (medsurg, tele, icu) we all hate it here and a good number have tried to cancel. I have never worked somewhere so disorganized and mismanaged in my life. Travelers are treated less than human here, you're given the most difficult needy least favorable effort requiring patients all on the same assignment ALL the time. Despite there being an acuity system, I very often had the highest one second to only another traveler. Equipment is trash, super old and broken. Essentially primary care nursing because CNAs dont do vitals or empty foleys etc--only toileting and feeding when you can find them, they're always understaffed. Big problems but management will micromanage you about stupid little things, asking you to document your turns and boots 3 hours into the shift but will forget to tell you about your admission. Terrible. ER doesnt give report to the floors, even when it's a trainwreck. Your schedule is set for the pay period and you cannot change or switch days with anyone. They scheduled some people to work 4 and 5 days in a row their entire contract and refused to change it!!! Pharmacy is terrible, iv meds come hours late. No tube system. Float like crazy, I was assigned to a floor but floated everyday, often more than once a day. Don't be fooled, this is a FLOAT POOL POSITION. Nurses won't wait to given you report on the floor you're going to and give you a poor excuse for report on paper. Some floors are nice, others are very clicky. This place is a joke, and a risk to your license. Save yourself! 03/19/2018 Housing was approximately 5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was stipend. Housing was located in city of sacramento. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. n/a
- I worked in the ED department(s) in the hospital. I knew Kaiser had a bad reputation before going but I wasn’t concerned, I’m friendly and have been everywhere. I would not recommend this hospital. Some of the core staff members work everyday and make it miserable. They put you in codes, then won’t help. They openly roll their eyes at you, complain about wanting the travelers out of there in front of you. Our traveler Rn manager, very abrupt and rude. She would agree to give you days off in your contact and then not honor the agreement or refuse to schedule you for all guaranteed shifts because you contracted off a day (then you were penalized because you didn’t fulfill your commitment). At one point, I tried for 5 weeks to ge her to correct a schedule issue and finally had to involve the director. Overall moral of this place was draining, there were some great staff to work with but the negative environment was too draining. The doctors were great once you demonstrated your competence. I cancelled my extension (was offered a 3rd extension additionally) with this hospital, the poor attitude of the core staff and manager wasn’t worth it. There are too many other great places to be treated with respect to stay in such a poor environment. 01/05/2018 Housing was approximately 10 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Private house rental . Housing was located in city of Sacramento . On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. My housing was my paradise after work. :) I couldn’t have been luckier!
- I worked in the ED department(s) in the hospital. 2016 Great welcoming staff to travelers. Stayed for 3 contracts. Very helpful staff/techs. Good flow to ED, resources available. 04/04/2017 Housing was approximately 10 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Mark J RV Park. Housing was located in city of Sacramento. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. Great gem of an RV park in the middle of sacramento.
- I worked in the Med surg tele department(s) in the hospital. I have a lot to say- this was one of the most challenging assignments I ever done-as a traveler u float every shift - sometimes multiple times -so when u come in at 645pm-u get ur assignment -it will be busy-with admissions etc.-then u will be floated somewhere else from 11 to 7 - ur basically expected to do a 8hr shift in 4hrs-ur running the whole time if u want to get all ur work done-the main issue with this place is that u r definitely treated like a second class person-u r less than the staff nurses-a lot of times there are no techs on the floor-if u need help with a patient -the other nurses won't help you-you have to call the asst nurse manager to have her assign a nurse to help you.the asst nurse managers aren't allowed to do any clinical work?they usually are off the floor after report- the majority of nurses and managers and asst managers are phillipino-there are techs there who are licensed nurses still working as techs -Kaiser won't hire them as nurses?they will hire new nurses if they are phillipino- if eeoc ever took a look at their hiring practices-they would see a lot- I sometimes floated every couple hours- if u do have an assignment and the next shift comes in-if the staff nurse from the night before had ur assignment- they take ur assignment away from u-the techs union is a lot stronger than the nurses Union-
There are so many nurses that apply and want to work there full time-yet they don't hire them and use travelers-why?-they pay the highest in the area-travelers are more disposable than full time nurses
Their nurses Union claims that safety is their foundation premise- only to the staff nurses -not the travelers- the culture is like a third world country - 02/22/2017 Housing was approximately 4 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Extended stsy. Housing was located in city of Sacramento. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4.
- I worked in the ED department(s) in the hospital. Very friendly to travelers. High turnover due to core staff transfers to other Kaisers. I extended here twice. Crowded ED, but decent flow for 300/day. 08/20/2016 Housing was approximately 8 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Mark J RV Park. Housing was located in city of Sacramento. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4.
Click here for advertising info