Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Banner Heart Hospital
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||4.3||5.0|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||3.2||5.0|
|3. Hospital Technology||4.2||5.0|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||4.2||5.0|
|5. Cafeteria food||3.7||5.0|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||4.2||5.0|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||4.5||5.0|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||3.5||5.0|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||3||5.0|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||3.8||5.0|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||2.3||1.0|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||3.2||2.0|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||2.2||1.0|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||3.3||5.0|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||3.7||5.0|
|17. How well staffed are they||3.7||5.0|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||3.8||5.0|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||3.8||4.0|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||3||4.0|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||71.9(6)||87.0(1)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the PCU 4th floor department(s) in the hospital. I absolutely loved my experience at Banner Heart. The staff and charge nurses were truly the best. The hospital is in a nice, safe area. My one complaint, and it’s an experience that ruined my experience, is the managers on this floor are super messy. Banner seems to have very high standards, but the standards of leadership on this floor are seriously lacking both honesty and integrity. 03/23/2021 Housing was approximately 15 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Extended stay america. Housing was located in city of Mesa. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. I stayed at the baseline road extended stay america. The staff there was amazing.
- I worked in the cvicu department(s) in the hospital. Great people to work with. Would return in a heartbeat. Surgeons attitudes are the same as everywhere. Most are accepting and helpful. Only bad thing is I was not allowed to self schedule AT ALL. Didn't even honor requests. 03/13/2019 Housing was approximately 20 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Chandler Meadows. Housing was located in city of Chandler. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. super clean. great pool and hottub. furnished. safe
- I worked in the cvicu department(s) in the hospital. These reviews from fellow staff members are accurate. I was floated 25% of the time. I took a contract where I was guaranteed hours though I wish I would have gone straight through Banner now. I had a lower paying contract because I was guaranteed hours and banner could cancel you once a week I think. So I thought id make out but I only was cancelled twice. They will float you before canceling you. The nurses on CVICU were beyond exceptional. Friendly, smart,welcoming. Management was great! the doctors ruined this assignment. And it was the culture of most banners. They were so condescending, which I can handle but were also downright negligent. They never put in orders. They wouldn't return your phone calls. They wouldn't round. NO ROUNDING IN AN ICU?!?! The paging system to get a hold of a doctor did not make sense. There is no intensivist. So you are dealing with 5 diff doctors and everyone passes the buck and is also afraid to step on others toes. It felt dangerous there. All your orders were verbal orders. I preferred floating because id rather work on step-down where the patients aren't as sick if i have no one to get orders from. I liked Banner Baywood ICU which I floated to. Id accept another contract there but not CVICU. Theres nothing going on in Mesa. Live in scottsdale and commute 20-30min 06/15/2018 The name of the housing complex was found my own housing in scottdale. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 2.
- I worked in the CVICU department(s) in the hospital. If I had to estimate, I would say that I worked on the unit that I was contracted to about 1/3 of the time. Other wise, I was floated here there and everywhere. When I initially interviewed, I told that I could be floated to the step down unit associated with CVICU as well as the medical ICU at Banner Baywood (attached to Banner Heart)..this was not the case. I was literally floated anywhere possible..the ED, procedural areas, med/surg tele units..There was also no consistency to being floated, it was somewhere new everyday. If I knew I would have floated this much, I would have advocated to get paid as a float nurse. They also reserve the right to cancel you 1x per week. I got cancelled for a full shift one time but was "pushed back" or put on call multiple times. One time, I was called in for three hours only to cover peoples lunches and then sent home. The shame of it all was that the staff on the CVICU are so nice and helpful-would have had a much better experience if I could have worked there all the time. Most of the MDs are rude and condescending to nurses-especially if they don't know you. 90% of orders are verbal orders. If you ask that the MD enter it themselves, be prepared for an earful. Save yourself, don't take a contract here. 06/23/2017 Housing was approximately n/a mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was n/a. Housing was located in city of I found my own. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 2. I found my own housing.
- I worked in the CV OR department(s) in the hospital. This hospital is on a long list of returns. The staff here are not friendly to travelers what so ever. The management talk a good game, but when it comes down to it, stand with their employees, even if they're standing for the wrong cause. They have five staff between nurses, techs, supply house that treat new people bad, teetering on bully status. While I was on assignment there three of the nursing staff left and one Anesthesia Tech. None of them had anything nice to say about Banner or the Heart Hospital. They have one Cardiac surgeon who is allowed to swear at the new staff. Completely ridiculous working conditions. It's no wonder they need staff. 06/12/2016 Housing was approximately 20 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was N/A. Housing was located in city of Tempe. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. I found my own housing.
- I worked in the CVICU department(s) in the hospital. The hospital was nice and the staff were very friendly. I mostly was given very stable patients. Usually they were about to transfer to the step down unit. They only give critical patients and their OR patients to core staff. They will float you pretty much anywhere (I was a sitter for a suicide patient one day on a med-surg floor). 05/31/2016 Housing was approximately 5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was District at Mountain Vista. Housing was located in city of Mesa. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. Very nice staff at this apartment complex. The neighbors have been quiet. It is further out from Phoenix and the population tends to be older individuals (hot spot for retirement communities). Nice pool. OK fitness center but very few use it so you never have to wait on a treadmill or weight machine. Never had an issue with parking. They do not offer furnished apartments and you have to go through a separate company if you want less than a 6 month lease (my company supplied it so I did not have an issue with those things).
Click here for advertising info