Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Riverside University Health System aka Riverside County
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||3.8|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||3.2|
|3. Hospital Technology||3.4|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||3|
|5. Cafeteria food||3|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||3.4|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||2.6|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||2.4|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||1.8|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||2.6|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||3.8|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||3.6|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||2.4|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||3.2|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||4.2|
|17. How well staffed are they||2.6|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||3.2|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||3|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||2.6|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||61.6(5)||(0)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the Float pool department(s) in the hospital. I worked in medical surgical float pool. I found at first this hospital seemed nice to work for, but then it progressed to worse. They will pull you in the office for things that you shouldn't be pulled in for. Their pixx system is joke, will show discrepany a month later not the day it happens, even though its not a discrepany, their system will say it is. The most antequated machines I've ever seen. I have been to alot of hospitals where the pixx systems are much better. Their is never enough cna's working, after they fired a bunch the nurses have to do practically all of their vital signs. Their is no teamwork in this hospital. If your patient load is going well,they'll make you switch one of your patients with another nurse and give you her admission in the middle of the shift so then that puts you behind. Also the night nurses seem to have something against travelers because alot of travel nurses getting reported for petty things that shouldn't be reported. Remember nursing is 24 hours and your suppose to be team players but that doesn't exist at this hospital. I would not recommend this hospital. I've seen a lot of travelers cancel their contracts in the middle of the contract since they were not being treated well especially from the night shift nurses. 09/19/2020 Housing was approximately 6 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Hotel Hampton Inn. Housing was located in city of Moreno Valley. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 1.
- I worked in the ER department(s) in the hospital. Lots of new grads constantly. You might be the only experienced nurse in an area with 3 of them. Constantly getting new "moodles" to do aka modules. The safety at the hospital is a concern especially when there has been a shooting because they can't lock the place down. No metal detectors to search people for weapons. Their RTA area can be overwhelming with 30+ patients and as little as 3 nurses at times. Long wait times to see the doctors. Travelers don't get to work in the trauma area. Also a teaching hospital. 03/22/2019 Housing was approximately 5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Overlook. Housing was located in city of Moreno Valley. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. Short term lease apartments available nearby near the Moreno Valley mall and on Moreno Beach Drive.
- I worked in the L&D department(s) in the hospital. Understaffed, no schedule requests allowed, staff sitting while travelers had the patient load, charge nurse unable to be gotten ahold of in an emergency, management rarely present. The area was okay but many of the staff warned not to go out after dark. 12/11/2018 Housing was approximately 3 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Rancho Belago Apartments. Housing was located in city of Moreno Valley. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. Really nice complex and around 7-minute commute to the facility. Could be a bit noisy on occasion but great stay there. Next to Wal-Mart, Target, Kohl's, close to grocery store and many restaurants.
- I worked in the ICU department(s) in the hospital. This is a traveler friendly unit with a great rapport amongst the multidisciplinary team. I really enjoyed working with the staff here- the camaraderie was fantastic. General ICU- primarily medical and stroke patients; also neuro surg & trauma. Travelers are first to float to the PCU. Travelers have no say in their schedule & are “here to fill in holes,” whether or not that means working two weekends in-a-row, working a M-W-F week, etc. The schedule isn't finalized until about 1-2 weeks before the schedule period starts. Unfortunately, compliance at this hospital was a nightmare. There is a single Right Sourcing individual who heads it all at this facility- and the words "please" and "thank you" don’t seem to be in her vocabulary. It also doesn't matter how early you sign on for your contract and subsequent extensions, she will wait until a few days before your start date to tell you about extra items that are "mandatory" and that she needs "ASAP." I have been traveling for years, and never before have I experienced such frustration with the compliance process. This frustration is unanimous amongst the travelers here. And unfortunately, her last minute demands continue throughout your entire contract. Also be aware that their compliance requirements are 10x more demanding than any other facility as well; including completion of about 15 hours worth of online modules prior to your start date (and depending on what company you’re working with, or your level of savviness, this is often unpaid). 07/11/2018 Housing was approximately 10 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was other. Housing was located in city of Perris. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5.
- I worked in the ER department(s) in the hospital. Loved my 13 weeks here. 05/19/2016 Housing was approximately 0.2 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Broadstone. Housing was located in city of Moreno Valley. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. Quiet, locked gate housing.
Click here for advertising info