Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: CHI Baylor/St. Luke's Medical Center
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||3.8|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||3.8|
|3. Hospital Technology||3.8|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||3.2|
|5. Cafeteria food||3.4|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||2.8|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||3.2|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||2.6|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||2.4|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||3.2|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||3.4|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||2.6|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||3.6|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||3.4|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||4.2|
|17. How well staffed are they||2.2|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||3.4|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||2.2|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||3|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||61.8(5)||(0)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the Cath lab department(s) in the hospital. Cath lab is super busy. Fired director while I was there. Staff left in herds. 15-20 hour days and back the next with no empathy from management. Supervisors run staff with fear of retaliation or making them miserable until they leave. Interim manager not interested in staff only speaking with supervisors. New director seems promising but out of the loop. Poor orientation. They don't allow travelers to chart in mac lab but you have to in epic. So you either scrub or circulated every single case for your 12 hour shift. You have to pay for your own parking which is around $12/day. 11/30/2017 Housing was approximately 25 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Dolce. Housing was located in city of Sugarland . On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. Provided my own housing.
- I worked in the TRANSPLNT/LVAD/OTHER ICU'S department(s) in the hospital. DOWNTOWN IN TX MEDICAL COMPLEX. PAY $12 TO PARK IN ONE OF THE DECKS. I HAVE TRAVEL TRAILOR. PARKED ON WEST SIDE OF HOUSTON-ONES NEARED TO HOSPITAL WERE COST PROHIBITIVE. COMMUTE 34 MILES USING TOLL ROADS. BIG PLACE-250ICU BEDS. GET FLOATED ALOT BETWEEN ICU'S, SOMETIMES 2 OR 3 DIFFERENT PLACES IN 12 H SHIFT. USE EPIC O CHARTING IS SAME ANYWHERE IN HOSPITAL. LOTS OF RESIDENTS/FELLOWS, VERY NICE-I WAS NITE SHIFT. PLENTY OF OPS TO WORK OVERTIME, WILL SCHEDULE OT IF YOU WANT IT. THE HOSPITAL OVERALL WAS QUITE GOOD, ONLY DOWNFALL WAS HOUSTON TRAFFIC AND BOY IS IT BAD. I WOULD WORK THERE AGAIN. THE STAFF LOVE TRAVELERS AND MANAGEMENT IS VERY OPEN AND EASY TO COMMUNICATE WITH. 12/22/2016 Housing was approximately 32 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was HOUSTON WEST RV PARK. Housing was located in city of BROOKSHIRE. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. INTERNET IS OVERLOADED AND SLOW, OTHER WISE GREAT PLACE. VERY ACCOMADATING, SAFE AREA. WALMART 10 MILES AWAY.
- I worked in the Operating Room department(s) in the hospital. Staff was nice and did help you. Cleanliness in the OR depends on who was cleaning (cleaning solution is vinegar base; staff doesn't understand contact time, didn't clean under the OR mattresses, Placed wiped down objects on dirty, Cdiff/MRSA rooms not terminally cleaned before next case or post as last cases, Etc.. Parking is horrible - $12 a day for the garage; but it is the Medical Center(make sure you ask your travel company to get your parking validated or reimbursed). Location is expensive but better past 610. Majority of Surgeons are great to work with. Staffing - for late running rooms is not good- some RNs/Techs may not know how to run certain equipment or procedures. Work load was normal. staff morale - not with their pay. 10/15/2016 Housing was approximately 25 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was stayed with a friend. Housing was located in city of Houston. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. Med center housing is expensive. Look out pass the loop or split with another fellow traveler.
- I worked in the Cardiac Cath Lab department(s) in the hospital. The cath lab was very welcoming towards travelers. Several travelers there had extended multiple times. Busy lab but everyone seems to work together to get the job done. Very light on-call requirement. Parking is in visitor decks ($12 per day) so make sure you have that covered in your contract! 09/08/2016 Housing was approximately 1 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was The circle at Hermann Park. Housing was located in city of Houston. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. Very nice apartment complex. Close to the Texas Medical Center complex. Rather expensive but very nice and needed since I had to be close to take call.
- I worked in the Endoscopy department(s) in the hospital. Staff took advantage of a hard working traveler by overworking them, and placing them in unfamiliar procedures without prior training or help from any staff, even after it was stated that the traveler was uncomfortable with being placed in unfamiliar procedures with no help. 05/05/2016 The name of the housing complex was Didn't take housing. Housing was located in city of Houston. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. Didn't take housing. Stayed with family
Click here for advertising info