Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Central Maine Medical Center
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||3.3|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||2.9|
|3. Hospital Technology||3.1|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||3|
|5. Cafeteria food||3.1|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||3.4|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||2.6|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||2.3|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||3.7|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||3.6|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||4|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||3.3|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||2.6|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||2.6|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||3.7|
|17. How well staffed are they||2.7|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||3.3|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||2.9|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||2.9|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||62.1(7)||(0)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the 10/2019 department(s) in the hospital. Staff are friendly mostly. Poor morale seems to be pervasive and it seems that they have the vacation attitude toward workload when travellers present. You will be treated like a traveller. You will get the worst load, and techs.... forget help for the most part, they have their favorites and that does not include travellers. You will draw labs, transport your patients everywhere, and provide all your nursing care. The technology is constantly off line and attempting to chart can be a nightmare. Scheduling is all over the place and contracted times not followed. Do not complain, this will get you no where. As with any contract, just chug through it and hope next contract is better. Some travellers will resign to the hospital as the 1:4 patiemt ratio helps to negate the cons in some manner. Cant say enough about the providers they really seem to have the nurses backs and understand the workload that you have to carry. 12/19/2019 Housing was approximately 5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was RN. Housing was located in city of Lewiston. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. Housing was found from website for travel nurses and was a nurse owned complex. Lewiston has nothing much to do but Portland is 1 hr drive with a nice city.
- I worked in the Emergency department(s) in the hospital. I worked in the ER. Orientation was quick and inadequate. Staff are friendly for the most part but you are treated like a traveller. You will get the biggest work load while FT staff sits at front desk chatting and texting on personal cell phones. BE AWARE that they do not follow contractual assigned shifts. Mid shifters are place in any slot of 9-9,10-10,11-11,12-12,or 1-1. The technology is the worst. Computer logs off constantly and takes forever to sign back on, often needing to restart computers to work effectively through shift. Mobile lab printers NEVER work and searching for one that does is a constant hunt. Staff never return the blood glucose machine so YES more searching while trying to care for pts. You need a iv pump...good luck, none in the ER. Had to take out of the trauma room on several occasions. Majority of shift is walking, searching for the needed equipment, supplies and fighting with their technology to try to support competent safe care. Staff are mostly supportive and kind. Providers seem to be understanding of the nursing needs related to time management created from all the above mentioned issues. 12/04/2019 Housing was approximately 10 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Nurse. Housing was located in city of Lewiston. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. Several nurses have rentals and finding such was easy.
- I worked in the ED department(s) in the hospital. Short orientation. I notice a lot of negative about the ED, however as far as workload in ED, I carry 4 pts (not 5-6 like so many other EDs). I feel the charge nurses (usually) keep an eye on your acuity and (try) to send help if you are buried. Expectations of many of the nurses (here and regular staff) are pretty high, but I expect fairly poor staffing and low morale as that is the norm. Traveler friendly place. Love the providers! I accept the schedule I get as that is how I roll... I’m there to help the regular staff. If you do your job well and don’t expect too much it’s a great place. If you are a whiner who expects to be catered too maybe not for you. 01/01/2018 Housing was approximately 1.5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was SIRS. Housing was located in city of Auburn. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. Apartments small and adequate. Right on river walk so great for walking my dogs.
- I worked in the ER department(s) in the hospital. 2 day orientation. First day told to sit at computer to do education, no unit orientation. 2nd day orientation, nurse orienting pulled to do other duties so didn't receive orientation. Travelers friendly, staff and management unsupportive from first day. 09/19/2017 Housing was approximately 10 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Hotels. Housing was located in city of Lewiston. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 1. My company placed me in an apt in private home with unsafe stairs, which I declined. Hotels expensive and low end. Expensive for what you get.
- I worked in the Orthapedic department(s) in the hospital. The hospital overall has been understaffed making for a lot of primary nursing situations with charge nurse also taking patients. The staff in this particular department has been very helpful and they all tend to work well as a team so that has been a great help. People were all very welcoming of me as a traveler. Maine has a lot of great things to offer. 09/05/2017 Housing was approximately 20 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Yarmouth Pointe Apartments. Housing was located in city of Yarmouth. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. Housing is difficult to find in Maine for a 3 month contract. If you do find housing it is likely to be expensive.
- I worked in the er department(s) in the hospital. You are treated like a traveler, if you work days you will get the worst assignment and you will have the heaviest patient load. Don't voice your opinions, it won't change. Nights are not as bad, but still you are a just a traveler. Don't show that you are a good worker, laziness seems to get you farther. 01/09/2017 Housing was approximately 1 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was SIR. Housing was located in city of Auburn. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. I liked my owners and they liked my dog, very close to the hospital.
- I worked in the Emergency department(s) in the hospital. I worked mids and nights. They are a fairly busy hospital but the staff works well together. Everyone is very friendly. Travelers love this place. 04/22/2016 Housing was approximately 5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was SIR housing. Housing was located in city of Auburn. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. I found my own housing, however, there was another traveler who took company housing and ended up in the same building. Fully furnished and owned by a fellow traveler couple.
Click here for advertising info