Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: emory midtown hospital
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||3.4||3.0|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||3.4||4.0|
|3. Hospital Technology||2.8||3.0|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||2.4||4.0|
|5. Cafeteria food||3||3.0|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||1.8||1.0|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||3.2||3.0|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||2||1.0|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||2||1.0|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||3.2||2.0|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||3.4||5.0|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||3.2||3.0|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||2.6||3.0|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||2.6||2.0|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||2.2||1.0|
|17. How well staffed are they||1.6||1.0|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||1.6||1.0|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||1.8||1.0|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||1.8||1.0|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||50.2(5)||48.0(1)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the Cath Lab department(s) in the hospital. Travelers are allowed to the bulk of the work because they don't want to let them monitor cases. So you get to watch regular staff sit down all day. 03/05/2021 Housing was approximately 1 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was No housing. Housing was located in city of Atlanta. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 2.
- I worked in the ED department(s) in the hospital. Severely understaffed. Will put 4 new patients in your rooms at the same time. No help from other staff because they too are behind. The layout in the ED and access to supplies is not conducive for efficient patient care 05/29/2016 Housing was approximately 20 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Got own housing. Housing was located in city of Duluth. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 1.
- I worked in the Med/surg, bariatric/otolaryngology, unit 21 department(s) in the hospital. 03/12/2016 Housing was approximately 30min mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was N/A. Housing was located in city of Lithia springs . On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. Hired there as a new grad, worked there 2yrs and had to leave to try travel nursing. I was over worked under payed.with my 2yr raise as a regular staff i was at $26/hr Patient ratio was at 1:6. The med/surg unit I was at was too specializes with medical,surgical,bariatric and ENT patients.A combination for a long shit where you barely sit down,get a lunch break to any help from other nurse because they were usually overwhelmed as well.I worked night shift for that whole 2yrs there and that helped wit avoiding the busyness of the unit and nasty/rude doctors. At am able to squeeze in an hour lunch break at 1 or 2am once all my patients are asleep. I noticed them bringing in more travelers in the unit as I was resigning. The staff are friendly to travelers and offer a hand as much as possible if they are not overwhelmed themselves,which they usually are, so be prepared to weather it alone.Management is terrible,which is part of the reason the unit was unmanageable for the staff.
- I worked in the Labor and Delivery department(s) in the hospital. The hospital is extremely short-staffed. The nurses working there are friendly and work with you as if you are a permanent employee. They listen to your concerns. 12/02/2015 Housing was approximately 7 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was building. Housing was located in city of Buckhead. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. I got my own housing through AirBnB.
- I worked in the emergency department(s) in the hospital. they adhere to 4:1 ratio. the hospital is a maze and they freq have rns transport pts to floors and diag depts. lost more than once. emr prog is terrible and they expect you to be proficient after one run-through. 11/11/2015 Housing was approximately 0.5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was savannah suites. Housing was located in city of atlanta. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 1. housing at your choice. I chose nearby for convenience, traffic,etc. many homeless in the area.
Click here for advertising info