Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: ARH Hazard
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||3.6|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||2|
|3. Hospital Technology||1.4|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||2.5|
|5. Cafeteria food||2|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||2.2|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||2.4|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||2|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||1.6|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||1.2|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||2.8|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||1.6|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||1.1|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||1.1|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||1.5|
|17. How well staffed are they||1.2|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||1.6|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||1.2|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||1.2|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||36.7(8)||(0)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the Telemetry department(s) in the hospital. I worked here for about a year because it was relatively convenient. The staffing ratio is horrible. There was almost never any CNA’s. Nurses had to do their own vitals, answer all call lights, turn patients, clean patients, get I’S and O’s while taking 4-6 patients. Pharmacy never answers the phone. Certain admitting physicians have no one at the hospital on call and require permission to page them after 1030 pm. Nurses are required to clean and do PT’s job as well because literally everything...and I mean EVERYTHING...is the nurses job. If another department isn’t doing what they’re supposed to they give it to the nurses to do. CNA and EVS included. It IS a very traveler friendly hospital. About 90% or so of the nurses there are travelers. 07/17/2019 Housing was approximately 5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Private . Housing was located in city of Hazard. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. Beautiful
- I worked in the ICU department(s) in the hospital. Had to get supervisor to do temp access to pixis for meds every day I worked for almost two weeks. Contract was for ICU only but they attempted to pull to med surg units with 6 puts several times and was told their nurses were union and had contracts so could not be pulled if they didn't want to. Schedule was changed almost constantly. Never saw manager. Still chart on paper. Terrible! Would not recommend to anyone. 01/11/2018 Housing was approximately .2 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Quality Inn. Housing was located in city of Hazard. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. Wifi was terrible. Room was very clean. Staff friendly.
- This facility is the worst, by far, of any hospital vie been. They don't give you enough time to finish all of the necessary computer training. Their own nursing staff is Union. I was told by my shadow nurse that their staff does not like travel nurses. They refer to travel nurses as spoiled nurses. My shadow nurse would not show me anything I needed to know about my job and I only had the one day with her to train and learned everything I needed to know in one day period instead she used me as a patient Tech and had me to feed and bathe the patient. I had no clue of what I needed to know for my job in the ICU. They are still on paper charting. Most of the nursing staff are from travel agencies. If I knew then what I know now I would have never even stepped foot in that hospital. The money is not worth what you have to put up with with the staff. If you have any since about you you will never take an assignment at this facility 09/13/2016 Housing was approximately 180 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was My home. Housing was located in city of My own. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. I drove 3 hours each way to get there.
- I worked in the CVICU department(s) in the hospital. They tell you during general orientation that you will never be pulled until you have been orientated to the floor but no traveler has ever had orientation on the floor prior to being pulled. They pull you to med surg units and expect CVU nurses to take 6 patients 07/04/2016 Housing was approximately 2 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Combs Motel. Housing was located in city of Hazard. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. I found my own housing at Combs Motel. It is a family run business. They are extremely nice and helpful and the rooms are very clean
- I worked in the Labor and delivery department(s) in the hospital. This place was a nightmare. I felt like I was on a sinking ship. They frequently wanted me to work with what felt like unsafe staffing. This was tragically due to the layout of the floor. Postpartum was totally separate from ld. I was even expected to staff nursery with level two babies. Stood my ground and refused those infants. Never so happy for an assignment to end. 02/10/2016 Housing was approximately 10 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Private housing. Housing was located in city of Hazard. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. This was the best part of my assignment. Beautiful mother in laws loft with private acess. Wonderful family that treated me like family
- I worked in the tele department(s) in the hospital. What a nightmare! this hospital is dangerous...stay away, the money is not worth it. 01/28/2016 Housing was approximately 5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was combs motel. Housing was located in city of hazard. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. Mom and Pop motel, they have monthly rentals for travel nurses on 2nd floor. Clean & comfortable for one room efficiency style.
- I worked in the CVU department(s) in the hospital. The management is not trust worthy and basically non existent. The DON was the nurse manager for the CVU. The staff moral is very low and the negativity was rampant. Since the unit basically has no management the staff would do what they wanted to with no consequences. They do self scheduling, a 3/4 rotation, on a 4 week basis. The hospital is still doing paper charting. The patient load was fair, the CVU would be over staffed on days and short staffed on nights. The hospital has more travelers than regular staff. They are resistant to change. 11/08/2015 Housing was approximately 2 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Hall Rentals. Housing was located in city of Hazard. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. The apartment I rented was traveler and pet friendly. The apartments were clean but in need of a major update. I rented furniture from a local rent a center. Cable and internet was very expensive in this area. This town is small and does not have much to offer in entertainment. The scenery is beautiful.
- I worked in the Cvicu/icu/tele department(s) in the hospital. Management is not afraid to break contracts, use lies to get the staffing they need. The staff is overworked with high patient loafs, no backup from nursing supervisors. Practices are unsafe and at times illegal. 10/06/2015 Housing was approximately 20 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Carr fork creek. Housing was located in city of Vicco. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4.
Click here for advertising info