Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: altru
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||3.8||3.0|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||3.2||3.0|
|3. Hospital Technology||4.2||1.0|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||2.6||2.0|
|5. Cafeteria food||1.8||1.0|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||3.4||3.0|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||3.4||3.0|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||3.2||3.0|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||3.4||3.0|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||3.4||3.0|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||3.4||3.0|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||3.6||4.0|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||3.4||4.0|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||2.8||1.0|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||2.6||1.0|
|17. How well staffed are they||2.6||1.0|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||3||1.0|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||2.8||1.0|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||3.4||1.0|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||62.8(5)||43.0(1)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the 24 hour obs/float department(s) in the hospital. The town is small, clean, and neat. Not a lot to do, but I felt the town was generally safe. Quiet, some would say boring, but I’m older and not interested in a party scene. Younger travelers might not be happy here on their off days. The local “mall” is anchored with a sears and a JC Penney.
The hospital is very poorly staffed. The ratios are high, but possible with decent nursing support. Sadly, there is NO SUPPORT on any of the floors. I floated quite a bit and had the same issues on all units. They use vocera for communication and I was constantly interrupted. On “lunch break” I averaged 15-20 contacts in that 30 minute period. Nursing is expected to also do the work that case management does at every other hospital I’ve ever worked at. No CNA’s in general, but if you do have one, they answer lights only. Floor nurses are expected to locate and place pre-ops on stretchers for the convenience of the pre-op nurses, as well as “fetching” the charts back and forth. Terrible, ancient IV and PCA pumps, and cheap patient care supplies. Assignments are made without any thought so some nurses will have all the high acuity patients, or they will assign rooms to the same RN at complete opposite ends of the unit. You have zero coverage for lunches, and I never got a single 15 minute break. 80% of the admissions have ETOH issues. Oh, and you have to sign a “contract” that states you will be fired/contract cancelled if you say anything “negative” of “critical” about the facility. I have one month to go, and will never go back. 11/01/2019 Housing was approximately 1 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Camper van. Housing was located in city of GF. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5.
- I worked in the Trauma Ortho/Neuro department(s) in the hospital. The only complaint I have here was that the Nurse Manager was terrible. She did not support or back her staff ever. The staff was fantastic and supported each other completely. 03/18/2017 Housing was approximately 2 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was private apt. Housing was located in city of Grand Forks. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4.
- I worked in the 6th Floor department(s) in the hospital. Staff friendly, but like anywhere else- lots of gossiping going on here. Too many new grads on the floor, not enough seasoned nurses. Overall it was not a bad experience. I would recommend this hospital to other travelers. The only real issue I had, is that the town is extremely boring. Nothing to do there. 02/02/2017 Housing was approximately 1 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Hotel. Housing was located in city of Grand Forks. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4.
- I worked in the ICU department(s) in the hospital. 04/19/2016 Housing was approximately 1 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Boden. Housing was located in city of Grand Forks. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3.
- I worked in the renal onc department(s) in the hospital. Constantly short staffed. Hi nurse patient ratios with very high acuities High turnover among staff poor morale. constantly have at least 15 students on the floor daily. It is a very high paying assignment but incredibly challenging 09/28/2015 The name of the housing complex was not app. Housing was located in city of grand forks. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 1. difficulty finding housing cuz it is a college town.
Click here for advertising info