Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Mercy
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||3.1|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||2.7|
|3. Hospital Technology||3.4|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||2.9|
|5. Cafeteria food||3|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||3.3|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||3.6|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||2.3|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||3.1|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||2.6|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||3.7|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||3|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||2.7|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||2.7|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||2.4|
|17. How well staffed are they||2.3|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||2.7|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||2.6|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||2.6|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||58.4(7)||(0)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the M/S Tele department(s) in the hospital. Where do I even start.. the manager completely misled me during the interview. She told me that I would be able to self schedule and now that I'm here, the person in charge of scheduling said that travelers aren't allowed to schedule themselves, they just fill us in where we are needed. Also, during the interview I asked about ratios (for obvious reasons) and she said that they were usually 4:1 or 5:1 and worst case 6:1 for day shift. My first shift there we have 6 patients. I asked the staff nurses there and they said the ratios have been like that for several months now. The unit is a complete mess. I honestly feel like my license is on the line every day I go in. I floated to another M/S tele floor in the hospital which had much better ratios and it seemed like a whole different hospital, things just ran smoother. Guess it just depends on which unit you're on. 01/29/2018 Housing was approximately 3 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was house near hospital. Housing was located in city of Springfield. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 1. Found an awesome house a few miles away from the hospital. The renter prefers to rent to travel nurses. Found the house on the Travel Nurse Gypsy housing page. Highly recommend!!
- I worked in the ICU department(s) in the hospital. While working there, I witnessed a nursing assistant make an abusive comment to my critically ill patient which should be considered unacceptable in professional nursing practice. The incident was reported, and it seemed as if retaliation ensued afterward instead of the situation being professionally looked into with appropriate follow up including assurance I would not encounter such a situation again as a nurse there, nor would any patient be further subject to such treatment. 06/21/2017 Housing was approximately N/A mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was off site. Housing was located in city of Fort Smith. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 2. Housing on own.
- I worked in the Neuro & Trauma ICU department(s) in the hospital. This hospital is toxic! Staff are less than friendly, even to each other. Teamwork concept is absent here, it's every man for themselves. They're in the middle of management turnover throughout the hospital which has in turn led to utter chaos in several departments. This in turn has led to departments being leaderless for so long that it is going to be difficult to reign them back in once the dust settles. Literally worked entire contract without ever receiving a lunch break, the expectation is that you will eat at your desk so that your pt's will continue to be cared for. Not sure how this hospital has not been sued yet for labor issues. Very different kind of medicine being practiced here in regards to what is usually standard, like VAP protocols, GI prophylaxis, illeus regimens, etc., etc. They do not offer self scheduling, so do expect to work crazy schedules like 3 on, one day off, then 3 on again, or the dreaded every other day work schedule. Was very hard to keep up with unit norms as they literally changed on a weekly basis with no information being sent out about them. Started my countdown after the first couple of shifts. Will never come back to this hospital again. 02/28/2017 Housing was approximately 5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was NA. Housing was located in city of Springfield . On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 2. Housing is difficult to find for a standard contract of 13 weeks. If you have a travel trailer you will be much better off since Branson is about 20 minutes away.
- I worked in the Med/Surg float pool department(s) in the hospital. Orientation is a bit confusing. They don't spend a lot of time orienting the travel nurses. After you get a feel for the hospital, it is an overall enjoyable experience. The staff is quite accomodating. 06/05/2016 Housing was approximately N/A mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was N/A. Housing was located in city of N/A. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. I don't have information on the housing, as it is 75mi from my home, so I drove most of the time
- I worked in the ER department(s) in the hospital. THIS IS THE ABSOLUTE BEST ER I HAVE EVER WORKED IN! Runs very smooth. Plenty of staff to help take care of the pts. Nurses are actually there to take care of pts. The hospital has transporters that take your pts to where ever they need to go. There are also paramedics and LPNs that work in the ER and if you have a critical pt that needs to be transported somewhere they are responsible for that. I never had to leave the dept to take a pt anywhere! Most times the pt ratio is 4:1 but occasionally they are able to drop the ratio to 3:1.
the hospital uses EPIC for documentation. they will provide the training for this.
Every single person in this ER is traveler friendly. very helpful staff. great place to work... 01/07/2016 Housing was approximately parking lot mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was rv park. Housing was located in city of OKC. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. I stayed in my RV while working here. The hospital has RV hook ups and they allowed me to park my RV here. The last few weeks of my contract the hospital was having some work done on the RV lots so I had to move my RV to a real rv park and it was about 5-10 miles away. Abe's RV park which is still super convenient to the hospital.
- I worked in the Neuro-Trauma ICU department(s) in the hospital. AWFUL scheduling.Short staffed they triple assignments at times.The town is small with not a whole lot to do. 10/14/2015 Housing was approximately 1 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Arbor Suits at the mall. Housing was located in city of Springfield. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 2. Arbor suits is an extended stay very old and outdated I wouldn't recommend staying there! The two positives are; the location is very close to the hospital and the staff there was very friendly and nice.
- I worked in the ER department(s) in the hospital. Worked in the ER, extended twice. Great place to work. Staff is so friendly to travelers. 09/13/2015 Housing was approximately 30 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Towne Place Suites. Housing was located in city of Fenton. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. Everything you need!
Click here for advertising info