Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Kingman Regional Medical Center
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||4|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||2.8|
|3. Hospital Technology||2.7|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||3|
|5. Cafeteria food||3.8|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||3.5|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||3.3|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||3.2|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||3.3|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||2.8|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||3.7|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||3.5|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||3.3|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||2.8|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||2.8|
|17. How well staffed are they||3|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||2.8|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||2.8|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||2.8|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||63.1(6)||(0)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the 2ND FLOOR MEDSURG department(s) in the hospital. I work in Medsurg area were everything is unsafe for patience and nurses license. pretty scary how they give you 6 pts all the time were management says during interview "pt's ratio 4:1"- not true at all. staffs are friendly and most doctors are great to staffing. travelers are the first one to float. this is a small hospital so they were 5 unit floor are medsurg. 02/22/2019 Housing was approximately 5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was trivioli. Housing was located in city of kingman. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. 2hrs to vegas. lots of things to do.
- I worked in the Medsurge/tele department(s) in the hospital. Currently on assignment with this hospital. Ive been a traveler for three years and this is my 5th assignment but trust me stay away from this facility!!!!!! Ruuunn!!!! First of all, every system is F**cked up. (Excuse my language).. Ive never put any good reviews or bad reviews so this is the first time. They lied to me in the first place. During interview mngr Tami and Keri; told me ratio will be 1:4 or up to 5 if really busy in the morning shift. Come to find out we’re getting 6pts all the time with high pts acuity of care needed. Second, the way they have the units: 2E is straight adult medsurg/tele. 2N is adult medsurge/tele half of the unit were OB which is very small for that special area. 2S is adult medsurg/tele half through the door is PEDS sometimes they mixed both babies and adults if there’s high census for babies. Which is really really bad. 2Central is always close. And you go up to 3North thats also a medsurge. So weird!!! mngrs dont care about travelers big time. We’re always the one to float which is understandably, one time the float me in the OBgyn NOT my field and ive never step into. So the first time I got away bec I was really arguing with mngr KERI( b**tch) but the second time I wasnt. So that morning is really crazy coz I really told her no thats not my field im not comfortable taking of babies and mom. And she told me “ I want you to go there, coz i said so and you’re only gonna take care of mom anyway” OMG. I cannot believe this. So long story short I had my recruiter talk to her which Keri is really mad at me. Blah blah! I ended up went in there and they gave me post hysterectomy pts which is im fine with that and on top of that I was a helping hand taking vitals for everybody and answering call lights. Half of my shift the clinical lead sad they dont need me anymore due to low census and so she called KERI and that crazy woman said to send me home coz she doesnt need me either! And so I went home knowing i can still get a guaranteed hours coz thats in my contract somehow she flipped the whole story!! 😭😭 omygoodd!! I cannot believe this. But my agency will pay for the extra hours which is I feel really bad about it. But like I said stay away from this hospital. Not a good environment to work with. Doctors are awesome to work with but they have high ratios of patients which is not all of them can be really on top of the patients. 02/11/2019 Housing was approximately 3 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Centennial apartment. Housing was located in city of Kingman. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4.
- I worked in the Critical Care department(s) in the hospital. Kingman Regional Medical Center in Kingman, Arizona is the worst I've experienced when it comes to employee morale and patient safety~ especially within their critical care units. Their nursing staff was relatively easy to work with but a very frustrated, paranoid and dissatisfied group for reasons too numerous to mention. Their critical care units have gone through several managers in the last year and the latest CV manager Sara is in her 20's, inexperienced and no where to be found. She was the PCU manager when I was there and that unit was an absolute disaster. Their ICU manager Lanete is kind but an emotional train wreck who allows new grads to work as the sole charge nurse in ICU. Literally new grads with a only 1 year of nursing experience are in charge of this facility's ICU. This hospital's current Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade is a "D". Their on-call critical care physicians are frequently AWL so when you can't reach the on-call doc you go to the new grad charge nurse~ no joke, and it takes only seconds to realize she has no idea what to do. How could she? My point being if you accept a contract within this facility's critical care system your license will be at risk~ just know that going in. As a critical care nurse you will spend most shifts on float to their PCU which is a glorified Med-Surg circus. It's just so bad there. Don't do it. There are plenty of nearby travel jobs in the Las Vegas and Phoenix area. No reason to ever consider Kingman Regional Medical Center in Kingman, Arizona. One of the biggest mistakes I've ever made. 10/31/2016 Housing was approximately 3 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Local Motel. Housing was located in city of Kingman. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 2. For a small town Kingman had a very large homeless population. While most of their homeless seemed harmless, for peace of mind I would not recommend housing near downtown Kingman or what they call "Old Kingman". If you are going to do the motel thing stay at the motel directly next to the hospital which I believe was a Hampton Inn. Other than a Wal-Mart and a few mini-versions of stores like Maurices, JCPenny and Ross this little town as no shopping to speak of. Fortunately, Lake Havasu City was only an hour away and had some of the better department stores. There was a nice little sushi place called Sakura only a few blocks from the hospital. I bet I ate there a dozen times. I can't think of one other restaurant I would have went to twice. Ordered lots of pizza. No night life whatsoever. A few cute little antique shops downtown (if you can catch them open).
- I worked in the med/surg department(s) in the hospital. very traveler friendly hospital. Close to Laughlin, Las Vegas, 5 hours from LA. On historic Route 66. Lots to do on days off. 07/30/2016 Housing was approximately 4 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Copper Ridge Apartments. Housing was located in city of Kingman AZ. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. had a 3 br apartment with laundry in the apartment.
- I worked in the CVICU,ICU, & PCU department(s) in the hospital. I worked in the CVICU the majority of my time in Kingman. The doctors were awesome! The staff was very supportive and a pleasure to work with. If you showed the doctors and staff you were competent they gave you more responsibility which is not something I have usually experienced in a travel assignment. Housing is affordable and I felt like I was treated like a staff member not just "the traveler". 03/23/2016 Housing was approximately 3 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was AIRBNB. Housing was located in city of Kingman. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. I travel with a dog and there are a number of breed restrictions at apartment complexes. I believe the AIRBNB I stayed at was horribly overpriced. But after talking to other travelers, they found very affordable housing.
- I worked in the ICU/ CVICU department(s) in the hospital. staff was friendly, many other travelers, especially in the ICU but there were no major issues 07/28/2015 Housing was approximately 2 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was n/a. Housing was located in city of kingman. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. Found my own housing without issues
Click here for advertising info