Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Seton Medical Center
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||2|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||1.2|
|3. Hospital Technology||1.6|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||1.6|
|5. Cafeteria food||1.8|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||2|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||1.6|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||1.4|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||1.8|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||1|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||1|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||1.6|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||1.4|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||1.4|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||2|
|17. How well staffed are they||1.2|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||1|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||1|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||1|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||30.4(5)||(0)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the Float pool department(s) in the hospital. Moldy old building staffed with cliquey unprofessional Philipino nurses who refuse to speak English or help you with anything. Stupid, rude old doctors. Old charting system that didn't even work in orientation. The worst cafeteria ever. Dangerous parking lot strewn with glass from broken into cars and no security. 01/07/2016 Housing was approximately 3 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was airbnb. Housing was located in city of Daly City. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 1.
- I worked in the ED department(s) in the hospital. Very traveler unfriendly! Worst I've experienced in many years. Physicians yell at weaker nurses, gang up on less efficient ones. Extremely unprofessional medical director and ED nurse director. Talks about the nurses to other nurses. Highly critical and morale killing behavior. Favoritism show to staff and the spoken rule of 'that's just the way it is, like it or leave' . It was so depressing and antagonistic I walked out of my contract. And the agency wouldn't support me in my decision although they had been made fully aware of the conditions and dangerous environment. Had the manager curse me out in front of the whole ED!! You tell me, would you have stayed?? 12/29/2015 The name of the housing complex was N/A. Housing was located in city of Na. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 1.
- Had to drive an hour to work and 3different freeways to get to work. Was basically a nursing home...the home health nurse was there seeing pt's all the time. No fitness centers, no restaurants ...no social anything. 12/10/2015 I worked in the ER department(s) in the hospital. All the staff sit back and let the travelers take care of all the patients. The charge nurse does nothing! This ER is not busy, but gets sick patients. If there are 3 sick pt's , I would get them and no would help. If I asked a question, they acted like I was stupid this hospital has recently been sold and all the left over staff needs to go. Night shift comes in and immediately starts rotation of "their" one hour breaks, even if you haven't had a 15 minute break. The night charge nurse comes in looking like she came in off the street. The so called manager or director ....never, ever saw her. Stay away from this place Housing was approximately 17 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Extended stay in foster city. Housing was located in city of Foster city. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 1.
- I worked in the Telemetry department(s) in the hospital. Ancient hospital with ancient technology. Orientation is a joke; the technology barely works 1/2 the time. AC is nonexistent; you will sweat. Filipino staff speak in their language and stick together and are so lazy they will call you to bring a blanket to YOUR patient instead of bringing it while they're sitting in the nursing station shopping on the internet; no teamwork if you're not Filipino; the 'aides' will also do nothing to help you. Staffing will try to float you to areas outside your scope of practice and to multiple floors in a day. The doctors are the most inept, rude ones I ever came across and the Filipino nurses kiss their asses. They are 1/2 on paper and 1/2 on Arcis which is OLDER than the ARK lol. Travelers get the worst patients, admit the most and floated daily. The place is also very dirty. The windows are never cleaned and you can see black mold in the casings. 11/08/2015 Housing was approximately 3 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was airbnb. Housing was located in city of Pacifica. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. Housing is ridiculously expensive.
- I worked in the OB department(s) in the hospital. Doctors practice out of their scope of practice or refuse to come in when called. Patients should be transferred to other facilities for more complex care, can't get physicians to accept responsibility. Manager refuses to return calls, charge nurse threatens staff if you don't take assignments. 03/24/2015 Housing was approximately 10 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Comfort Inn Suites. Housing was located in city of S. San Francisco. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. Very noisy, not enough parking.
Click here for advertising info