Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Kaiser Permanente
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||3|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||2.6|
|3. Hospital Technology||2.1|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||4|
|5. Cafeteria food||2.2|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||2.7|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||2.4|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||1.6|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||2.6|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||2.6|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||3.7|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||3.3|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||1.9|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||1.8|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||3|
|17. How well staffed are they||2.2|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||2.2|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||2.2|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||2.2|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||51.7(9)||(0)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the ICU department(s) in the hospital. Technically I worked in Med Surg because ICU travelers are rarely used in ICU but are pulled to Med Surg for an honest 11 of 12 shifts per month. If you’re looking to advance your skills, this is not the place for you. If you’re looking to learn how to be flexible, this is the place for you. I can say 95% of the staff was welcoming but with the looming strike there is a bit of traveler centered hostility. 01/18/2018 Housing was approximately 13 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Airbnb. Housing was located in city of Vallejo. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 2. For affordable housing you’re going to have to think outside the box. Nice housing is available but you’re going to pay a nice amount for it.
- I worked in the Mother-baby unit department(s) in the hospital. Worked mom baby unit and the workload is unreal. 4 couplets equal 8 patients. Unsafe staffing. No input into our schedule. Horrible, horrible place for travelers. Unfair treatment. Hospital mostly staffed by AMN. Run as fast away from this facility as you can. Please... 10/01/2017 Housing was approximately 5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was One Pearl Place Apartment . Housing was located in city of San Jose . On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. Working mother-baby unit. Nurse to patients ratio is unsafe. Travelers are responsible for four couplets (8 patients) and the travel nurses get the most difficult clients and run around like crazy the entire shift. Not traveler friendly at all. Unfair workloads for the travelers only. Do not take a contract here. Staffed mostly by AMN. Housing complex was nice and close to the hospital.
- Housing was approximately 10 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was park view terrace. Housing was located in city of redding. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. 12/31/2012 I was originally placed in Corona, which is a city of 150,000. My apt was right on a busy road. I asked my company to move me and they did to Parkview Terrace. Its a great place to live, nice and quiet with a 10 acre park attached.
- I worked in the Pre-Op department(s) in the hospital. 05/05/2009 Housing was approximately 6 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Avalon at Cedar Ridge. Housing was located in city of Daly City. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 1. Mold and Mildew everywhere. My clothes and books are ruined.Also, my apartment was flea infested and had to be sprayed twice. Ickkkk
- I worked in the Post partum department(s) in the hospital. 02/25/2007 Housing was approximately 3 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Archstone. Housing was located in city of San Diego. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. Very nice gated apartment. Very clean, parking is hassle-free, maintenace staff very efficient, friendly management office and great location -close to the mall, major stores ie Costco, Ikea, Lowes and the TROLLEY!!
- nurse:patient ratio is 1:5, but the high acuity of the pts without help, this workload is sometimes to damanding. travelers float first, sometimes 2-3 shift. no extra help....ever...even to turn heavy pts. dr's are nice however and most of the nurses are helpful and nice. it just seems like the management does not know how to runs things smoothly and that makes for a chaotic day. all paper charting. hospital orientation is the worst i have ever had. i would not recommend this hospital to a traveler or for that matter...any kaiser facility. The name of the housing complex was archstone. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4.
- I worked in the ICU/SDU department(s) in the hospital. Housing was approximately 6 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Pavona Apartments. Housing was located in city of San Jose. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5.
- The pay rates are great at all of the Kaisers and overall Santa Teresa is not as scary as the rest of the Kaiser System, however, staff morale is low, the hospital is staffed by about 75% travelers, and if you sign on to this hospitals ICU you will spend about 80% of your time floating to med/surg or tele.
- Travelers float first, sometime twice in 12 hours. no computer entry for tests, or procedures. No dietary to pass trays, food not warm when it comes to the units, must be reheated by RN or CNA. Outdated equipment. I worked wherever they floated me to. The housing I lived in was called Archstone in Redding about 10 miles from the hospital and I rate it a 3.
Click here for advertising info