Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Queen of the Valley Medical Center
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||3.2||2.8|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||2.2||1.8|
|3. Hospital Technology||2.6||2.5|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||4.2||4.0|
|5. Cafeteria food||2.6||2.8|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||2.8||2.5|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||2.6||2.5|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||3.4||3.0|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||3.4||3.2|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||3.4||3.0|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||3.2||2.8|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||3.4||3.0|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||3||2.5|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||2.4||2.0|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||4.4||4.2|
|17. How well staffed are they||3.6||3.2|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||4||3.8|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||2.8||2.2|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||3.2||2.8|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||64.4(5)||58.4(4)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the Med surg department(s) in the hospital. Very friendly, helpful staff. Uses meditech. Short on CNAs at times. You get 1.15 hours of breaks total throughout the day and they make sure you take them. 04/22/2017 Housing was approximately 0.5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Montrachet . Housing was located in city of Napa. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. Offers washer/dryer in unit, fitness area, pool, outside kitchen. 15 minute walk to Queen of the valley hospital.
- I worked in the L&D department(s) in the hospital. 03/10/2017 Housing was approximately 12 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was The Lodge. Housing was located in city of American Canyon. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4.
- I worked in the ICU department(s) in the hospital. On the one hand, mandatory staffing ratios and breaks make the workload ridiculously easy. On the other, I feel like to get around the staffing laws they may have eliminated ancillary staff so the ICU has no PCT. I often had a hard time getting things done because I could never find anyone to help. Layout of the ICU is weird- it's very new and high tech but because there is no centralized nurses' station I often felt lost as to what was going on with anything else in the unit beyond my 2 patients. I also had an issue with the amount of patients that were 'off limits' to travelers because of lack of orientation when they didn't necessarily need to be (ex. craniotomies, come on). This caused staffing problems often because there are so many travelers on the unit and so few full time staff who are 'authorized' to take care of those patients. They make a lot of work for themselves when they don't have to. 02/15/2017 Housing was approximately 25 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was n/a. Housing was located in city of Petaluma. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. I found my own housing in Petaluma due to cost and proximity to other activities. Highly recommend the city.
- I worked in the Tele/MS department(s) in the hospital. Give you heaviest load. Unwarranted accusations. Let you be on Stand-bye by mode for 10 hrs. Inhumane !!! Half a day, you can't sleep waiting on the phone. Staff are bullies. Rediculous expectations of you knowing all their policies in 2 orientation days ??? 12/16/2016 Housing was approximately 65 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was N/A. Housing was located in city of Baypoint. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 2.
- I worked in the Nurse Float Pool department(s) in the hospital. The hospital is very traveler friendly. Everyone seems very happy. Fellow nurses and doctors were accepting and lovely to work with. I worked in the Float pool, but was mainly sent to the Telemetry unit on 2North. 10/23/2014 Housing was approximately 31 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was River Oaks. Housing was located in city of Vacaville. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. The housing was nice, but the location was awful. The apartment was 31 miles from the hospital and a good 40 minute drive with no traffic. The location was sold as an easy 30 mile commute, but no commute in CA is easy. My first day of orientation it took me 1hr and 30 min to get there.
Click here for advertising info