Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Mills Peninsula (Sutter)
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||1.5||1.8|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||1.4||1.6|
|3. Hospital Technology||3.8||3.6|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||4.5||4.6|
|5. Cafeteria food||3.5||3.8|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||3.1||3.0|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||4.5||4.2|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||2.1||2.2|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||2||2.2|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||2.8||2.8|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||2.9||3.0|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||3||2.6|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||2.1||1.8|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||2||1.8|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||3.9||3.6|
|17. How well staffed are they||2.6||2.2|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||2.9||2.2|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||1.2||1.4|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||1.4||1.6|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||56(8)||54.6(5)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the icu and Step down department(s) in the hospital. Ive never seen charge nurses (step down icu) just sit and never help out and actually do not know how to do pt care.when approached for any reason at all they act as if you shouldnt be talking to them. 01/01/2017 Housing was approximately 8 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was none. Housing was located in city of burlingame. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 1. none
- I worked in the ICU/ICU Stepdown department(s) in the hospital. Staffing is the biggest problem at this facility. They staff to the number of patients and not the number of beds available. So, there have been times when I have transferred a Pt. from ICU to Stepdown "TELE" then floated to Stepdown TELE and that Pt. was my Pt. again when I got to Stepdown TELE. I have floated 3 times in a 12 hour shift. They are unsafe, meaning they transfer Pt.'s from the ED to the Stepdown TELE without a monitor. Why would you monitor a Pt. in the ED then take off the monitor to transfer them, with just a transporter, to TELE, only to place them back on the monitor in TELE? They have no common sense. They never call report when transferring Pt's between floors. They give what's called a "30 min warning", meaning the receiving RN has 30 min to look up the Pt. info on the computer before the Pt arrives. Staff carries in group preferences and doesn't really include travelers. There are a handful of nice people. The ICU manager is good and seems to be fair. I have had issues with them approving my time sheets for pay. RightSourcing the middle man agency did not approve Crisis Rates for extending travelers. You could only get the crisis rate if you were a new traveler. So, some travelers switch companies in order to get the crisis rate pay or left and came back. So, I have been here for six months and I am done! If you have a high tolerance for nonsense then this is the place for you. 12/20/2016 Housing was approximately 2.5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was NorthPark Apartments. Housing was located in city of Burlingame. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. Housing is expensive in this area. I paid $2325/mo for a 1 bedroom 674sqft.
- I worked in the ICU / ICU Stepdown department(s) in the hospital. Avoid taking an assignment at this hospital. Will hire you for ICU and promise you only occasionally float to Stepdown but that is where you will work the majority of the time. Staff and management is unfriendly. Nursing stations are spread apart too far. Charge nurses don't really work. If you aren't in the clique they will find a way to get rid of you. The ICU census was consistently low and cancelling happened frequently. You can work 4 hrs on one unit then be pulled for another 8 somewhere else or vice versa. Orientation was lacking and didn't give travelers what they needed in order to learn their work flow. Just avoid this place. No traveler I worked with there was happy to be there. 10/23/2016 Housing was approximately 15 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Apt on Mission St.. Housing was located in city of San Francisco. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. Convenient to San Mateo County & San Francisco without being in the heart of the city. Expensive as is most of the housing in the area. Street parking. No washer/dryer or dishwasher.
- I worked in the Emergency department(s) in the hospital. STAY AWAY! Very unprofessional nursing managers. Charge nurses are AWFUL! Travelers are treated like crap! All Cliques! Such a Sutter disappointment!!! Beautiful building, great area, lousy work environment. 09/19/2016 Housing was approximately 10 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Eaves Pacifica. Housing was located in city of Pacifica. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. All housing in the area is very expensive. Great complex, great area!
- I worked in the Med-Surg/Oncology department(s) in the hospital. Travelers will often have to float between assignments as travelers do 12hr shifts and core staff do 8hr shifts. Day shifters sometimes will work the first 8 hrs on one unit and the last 4 on another, night shifters can work first 4 on one unit and last 8 on another. If you're lucky you will get the whole 12 hour shift on one unit.
Cafeteria is closed for night shift, so you have to bring your own food -- but if you can catch it during days they make some GREAT things! Love their cafeteria! Wish it were open at night.
Parking is great and free. There is also a parking garage with a lot of open spaces at night.
There are 2 CNAs for a 36 bed unit on days/evenings and NONE on nights. This is honestly my only major complaint as it makes working on nights difficult with little help.
Their pyxis and way of dispensing medications is kind of a mess. Instead of most medications being pulled from the pyxis, usually pharmacy will send them up and they'll be in the patient's drawer, or the fridge, or the tower. So when looking for medications you have to look in 4+ places. 03/08/2016 Housing was approximately 2 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Park Broadway. Housing was located in city of Millbrae. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. This is a relatively new condo, I found it through airbnb :)
- I worked in the ICU department(s) in the hospital. The staff was very negative towards travelers. I was told the first day that if they didn't like me they'd get rid of me. There is a lack of trust between staff nurses and travel nurses. A lot of personnel changes have let to a big influx of travel nurses. Staffing ratios don't change so that's good. Busy area but great pay. 11/05/2015 Housing was approximately 5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Friends house. Housing was located in city of San Mateo. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 1. Rented a friends garage for 1600 a month. Guess that's the going rate.
- I worked in the Emergency department(s) in the hospital. AWFUL! No management and the charge nurses are primadonnas! Horrible toward travelers. STAY AWAY! 11/18/2014 Housing was approximately 7 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Friend's home. Housing was located in city of San Mateo. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. Very expensive to live in area.
- I worked in the Emergency department(s) in the hospital. Very disappointing Sutter facility. I expected professionalism - WRONG! Relief chg nurses are incompetent and unprofessional. Always changing your assignments in the middle of shifts. Condescending and rude. Travelers are considered, for the most part, scum of the earth - But of course the chg nurses and night manager would know because they are familiar with what that is like. 5 out of 30 RNs are wonderful to work with and are team players. No team effort, care or empathy. Would never return to this facility nor recommend to anyone traveling (or looking to go full time). DO NOT TRAVEL HERE!! BIG MISTAKE! 09/04/2014 Housing was approximately 7 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Eaves. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. Nice, but expensive housing. In line with other complexes though.
Click here for advertising info