Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Lawnwood Regional Medical Center
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||3.6||4.0|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||3||3.0|
|3. Hospital Technology||2.8||2.3|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||2||2.7|
|5. Cafeteria food||2.2||2.0|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||3.4||3.0|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||3.2||3.3|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||2.4||2.0|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||2||1.7|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||2.8||3.0|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||2.8||3.0|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||3.6||4.0|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||2.8||2.3|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||1.4||1.7|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||1.4||1.7|
|17. How well staffed are they||1.6||2.0|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||1.4||1.7|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||2.2||3.0|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||1.4||1.7|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||49.8(5)||51.8(3)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the ER department(s) in the hospital. The nurse/pt ratio in ER was 5:1. There were always admission holds and you were expected to do part of the admission paper work for these pts. and hold them your whole shift, come back in the next night and the same pt would still be there! It was a normal expectation for you to have one or even two ICU holds, Amiodorone, Cardizem, Levophed drips mixed in with your regular ER patients. Always having to hunt for equipment to do your job, IE: thermometers, IV pumps, BP cables,etc. VERY busy ER. NO help from the medics...nurse does it all from getting VS, signing pt in, drawing labs, EKG, meds, charting. The only time a medic helps is if patient is a cardiac, stroke, or sepsis alert and even then you're lucky to see one. You are expected to work in all areas of the ER, peds, vertical lounge (where there is NO pt privacey...patients all in one room sitting in lounge chairs), fast track, regular ER. I will say that the travellers were not expected or allowed to do traumas. I had no access to my schedule for at least 6 weeks and no access to Istat labs for the same amount of time. I had to seek out a medic to finally give me access...nursing admin tried to be helpful, but was not. OVERALL OPINION: I equate it to a war zone with no equipment and the pay was minimal. Located in the hood, with lockdown for gun fights, etc. There are better places to work in Florida with more things to do :) 04/08/2017 Housing was approximately na mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was na. Housing was located in city of na. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 1. I live in Florida, drove 100miles round trip to be able to still be a traveller.
- I worked in the ED department(s) in the hospital. 5:1 ratio
No thermometers, no pumps, no monitors, and ran out of bedpans and flushes one night. Not allowed to have disposable chux or adult diapers and no lancets allowed for finger sticks
Antiquated Meditech system. Immediate bedding (aka no triage)
Travelers work every weekend. Core staff are super nice and competent- VERY BUSY 02/25/2017 Housing was approximately NA mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Got my own. Housing was located in city of NA. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 1.
- I worked in the Med surg/PCU/Cardiac Stepdown department(s) in the hospital. The staff were wonderful. Very helpful and friendly staff. 07/18/2016 Housing was approximately NA mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was NA. Housing was located in city of NA. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. I provided my own housing in Juno Beach it is wonderful
- I worked in the Med surge floet department(s) in the hospital. Workload heavy 1:8, put on other units without experience but was ok with it and took advantage of learning new skills. Staff was often rude and did not care if you were over loaded or needed help. Plenty of opportunity for over time but 12 hours In a shift was not enough to get everything done. Type of pts here are rough such as seekers and full care. I don't mind these type of pts but not 8 of them at once. Def a very busy and demanding place but the facility could change things to decrease the stress for staff. Took as a learning experience but won't go back. 08/28/2014 Housing was approximately 5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Private. Housing was located in city of Ft pierce . On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. Found private condo on craigslist with Karl Williams. Was in a gated community. Condo very clean but the whole community was outdated. Worked for my assignment and had all the essential I needed including in unit W/D. Lived 5 miles from the beach. Def call Karl Williams if you need housing in that area. He is a retired cop and went into reality. Great guy and land lord.
- I worked in the Trauma Neuro SD/Tele department(s) in the hospital. Frequent lockdowns of ED for crime/gun shot victims. Surrounding towns safer than location of hospital. Unsafe ratios, holding pt's in halls without rooms 24+ hrs, patients signed out AMA because of waiting in halls for so long. Never got out of work on time! Extremely high turn over with patients & staff. 06/12/2014 Housing was approximately 10 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Bella Vista Apartments. Housing was located in city of Port St. Lucie . On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 2. Very old housing complex, outdated. Ice maker was so loud I turned it off at night. Dishwasher leaked, even after being fixed. Poor pest control. Poor control/no concern for frequently barking, noisy dogs.
Click here for advertising info