Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Shannon Medical Center
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||3.2||5.0|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||3.2||5.0|
|3. Hospital Technology||2.4||4.0|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||2.6||5.0|
|5. Cafeteria food||2.6||3.0|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||3||5.0|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||3||5.0|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||2.8||5.0|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||2.4||4.0|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||3.2||5.0|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||3||5.0|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||3||5.0|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||2.6||5.0|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||2.4||5.0|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||2.6||5.0|
|17. How well staffed are they||2.6||5.0|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||2.8||5.0|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||2.6||5.0|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||2.6||5.0|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||55.8(5)||96.0(1)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the 4S med/tele/imc department(s) in the hospital. Very friendly to travelers. This would be a great first assignment for a traveler. Be warned, however, that they do NOT hire smokers. You must test for this, so don't bother if you smoke. 01/19/2017 Housing was approximately 1-2 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was 11 N Washington. Housing was located in city of San Angelo. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. I rented a duplex apartment. Furnished with cable, great wi-fi. Loved it. I stayed for two contracts here. Previously stayed for a 3-contract stint. And I'll probably be back some day. Great, friendly town and people.
- Housing was approximately 5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was St johns. Housing was located in city of san angelo. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. 12/15/2015 I worked in the 4S department(s) in the hospital. I enjoyed my travel assignment at this hospital.Staff welcomes you as a person; not just as a traveler.Patient ratios most nights were 4-5:1..occasionally u would hv six due to being short staff...Had loads of fun & laughs..I have NO hesitations about doing another assignment there.
- I worked in the ICU department(s) in the hospital. I would not recommend this hospital. The unit is very cliquey. Nobody introduced themselves to me, I felt like I was not welcomed there. One of the staff members even came up to me and said "I thought we were trying to get rid of travelers, but you all keep coming back." Be prepared to work almost every weekend and, work EVERY holiday if your assignment falls over the holiday season. The core staff was cancelled and placed on call on their ONE holiday they were required to work, while I, "the traveler" had to work Thanksgiving, Christmas AND New years. Be prepared to get 2 admissions, get the isolation patients, and get the busiest assignment. You will run your butt off all night while the rest of the staff sits around and gossips. 01/16/2015 Housing was approximately 8 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was private. Housing was located in city of San Angelo. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. Housing is expensive because of oil boom. It is also a very small town with NOTHING to do!
- I worked in the Med/Surg/Tele department(s) in the hospital. The ratio they like nurses to have for med/surg/ortho/tele units is 6:1 but they don't ever hesitate to give you a 7th patient...this is on days. Nights start with 7-8 patients. They are never prepared for employees to call in, they really don't place people on call to allow for when someone calls in...and they have extreme difficulty (or lack of trying) calling in a replacement. This has left nurses on days with 8 patients each, and 9 patients at nights. All charting is paper charting, EMAR in place and fairly efficient, doctors are still writing ALL written orders. pharmacy only runs 8 hours a day and off on weekends...while a pharmacist can verify and profile meds from home (can take hours for this to happen) when the pharmacy isn't open. barely any private rooms...most are two patients per room. cafeteria only open for lunch.
this was my first hospital experience straight out of school. It was rough...everyone said if you can make it here, you can make it anywhere....I made it through it and everywhere else just seems like a walk in the park. 06/13/2014 Housing was approximately 12 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was personal. Housing was located in city of hernando. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. provided my own housing
- I worked in the 4 South department(s) in the hospital. Housing is extremely over-priced due to a recent increase in local oil industry. 05/31/2014 Housing was approximately 4 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was private rental. Housing was located in city of San Angelo. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 2.
Click here for advertising info