Travel Nursing Agency
Ranking Results Each ranking is averaged and updated
on a continual basis. The highest score for an agency is 100.
Go back to
travel nursing agency rankings.
Click here to view a list of
over 300 agencies and their contact information.
Travel Nursing Company Review of: Host Healthcare
(within 1 year)
|5. Pay rate||4.5||4.2|
|6. Paycheck accuracy||4.6||4.3|
|10. Assignment selection available||4.4||4.1|
|12. Insurance plan||4.5||4.3|
|18. Paycheck arrival time||4.8||4.6|
|19. Chances you will recommend this agency||4.6||4.2|
|20. Chances you will work with them again||4.6||4.3|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||92.1(54)||86.9(27)|
Return to top of page
- I am a first time traveler,placed a search for traveling and behold about 50 choices were in front of me. I spoke to Micheal he gave me the confidence and reassured me I could do this. He was very helpful and patient having tons of questions and to say the least not savy on the computer
currently On my 2nd assignment for Host Healthcare 04/19/2018
- Host Healthcare and my recruiter, Michael Kaplan, have been awesome to work with. Mike is trustworthy, savvy and knows his stuff! He takes very good care of me! I know my travel nursing career is in very good hands with this duo! 04/18/2018
- I love hosthealth care. They are very efficient and friendly. Sarah got me my first travel contract and Iím very excited. 12/21/2017
- I chose Host because of a long meaningful conversation about travel nursing with their recruiter named Sky Woroszylo. Ever since then he has had my back! Sky is transparent and honest, plus he works hard to make your dream travel assignments come true! 12/16/2017
- Love my recruiter! Dara works hard for me, does a great job and always has top paying positions. From my experience, the companies are all the same but it really comes down to finding a good recruiter. If you're considering Host, I'd strongly recommend requesting Dara Majdi and you'll be happy you did! 11/29/2017
- I traveled with Host for multiple assignments and loved my recruiter. After they left, I was assigned to a different recruiter and thatís when everything went down hill. Honesty was out the window, my paycheck was nickel and dimed, slow response times, and the personal care I found with my first recruiter didnít exist anymore. Iíve since switched companies and have discovered that Host is quite limited with the number of hospitals they work with. Iím much happier in my career and will continue to stay away. 11/25/2017
- Skye is loyal, knowledgable and honest. 11/08/2017
- This is my first experience as a travel nurse, and i can't imagine working with better people. My recruiter Sky W. has been helpful beyond words. He is efficient and professional and has bent over backwards to accommodate me. In this hectic world of nursing, i feel that i have found not only a great recruiter, but also a friend. 11/06/2017
- Why did I switch travel agencies? Like many of you I get inundated with phone calls, text messages and emails daily from agencies that I ignore. I was happy and not looking to change agencies. Then I happened to speak to Amanda Anguiano, Healthcare Recruiter with Host Health and everything changed. Over the phone she made me feel like she cared about me and what I wanted to do. She spent the time to explain why what Host Healthcare had to offer was a better fit for me. She made me feel like family and I made the jump. She works with me and my schedule and never under delivers. I now consider her both my agent and family. Take the Leap of Faith. 11/06/2017
- My recruiter Nicole Blowe is always available or makes sure that someone else is. She checks on me routinely to see how things are going. If there has been a discrepancy on my pay, she has it resolved by the next paycheck. Great to work with! 11/05/2017
- Host has always been able to put me where I want to be with the best pay package in the industry compared to their competitors. Staff is knowledgeable and friendly. Kaylan Duffy is up front, honest and dependable 11/04/2017
- Great agency will definitely recommend 11/03/2017
- Wonderful, professional company! 11/03/2017
- Erin is a great recruiter. Very knowledgeable and always responds quickly and efficiently. Great experience so far. 11/03/2017
- I have been working with Host Healthcare for 3 assignments now. I was initially suggested to look at Host through a friend, but I had no idea how great my experience would be. My recruiter, Brigitte, is more than fantastic. She exceeds all my expectations every time I'm looking for an assignment. She is so great about communication; I never have to wait more than a few hours for a response and she always calls back immediately. I would highly recommend Host and highly recommend Brigitte. 11/03/2017
- My recruiter Brendan Haire is absolutely amazing! He has worked with me every step of the way. This company really works with you to find exactly what you need and want. They also do their best to match any other company. I have nothing but good things to say about my recruiter and this company. 11/03/2017
- Host Healthcare has been great. Despite trouble getting my first assignment, my recruiter worked very hard to finally lock one down! Very knowledgeable and reliable! 11/02/2017
- Iíve had an excellent experience with Host, my take home pay is consistently higher than other travelers I talk to. My recruiter is honest and readily available should I have questions. 10/21/2017
- I am glad I found Host Healthcare. Their benefits are top notch and the assignment selection is great not to mention I really LOVE my recruiter SKY!! He has always been there for me day, night, even weekends,when I would call with questions or a need. Even when I called to leave a VM and I would tell him it can wait until Monday, he would call or text just to let me know he was on top of the situation. He always had my back and provided a lot of support when I needed it. 10/19/2017
- I have been working with Kaylan Duffy, she's very knowledgeable about everything and will know when she needs to reach other resources to get the answers to your questions. They pay very special attention to the tax legal system, which can be very grey area when it comes to travelers and pay. 10/18/2017
- My recruiter, Bridgette Reidel is the most wonderful and caring recruiter I have ever had. She is my advocate, and my friend. No matter what my needs are, she has always gone above and beyond, and I feel very blessed to have her. If you've ever had a recruiter that was "just average", having Bridgette is like having a guardian angel! I always tell my fellow travelers how she treats me, and they just can't believe how closely we work together! I can honestly say that my recruiter is the best I have ever met. Thank you Bridgette for your love and support! 09/23/2017
- First of all, this company will not send pay packages unless you first complete an application and they have verified your references. This wastes my time and theirs if you choose not to take an assignment with them. Also, I will request pay packages for different hospitals in an area, however I will not receive back information for days to a week. When I try to follow up a few days later, I only get apologies and empty promises that they will be sent at a certain time, but then I wonít get pay packages until days or a week later after that.
This company also has very limited contracts so there is not much to choose from. I would rather work with another company that has greater availability and follows-up with their promises at an appropriate time.
- I was surprised by all of the good reviews. This was the worst experience ever. Tell you what you want to hear and give you misinformation. Rude and not always honest.I will definitely not be using them again and I would never recommend them to any other travel nurse. 08/29/2017
- This company was the first I used for my very first travel assignment. Couldn't have asked for a better agency/recruiter (Barry) to work with. Only reason I switched was for available positions in the destination I wanted, but I plan to go back. 05/23/2017
- Host healthcare is like a positive UA without antibiotics. Cloudy, stinky, and doomed for urosepsis. There is nothing transparent about this company. Run away. 04/28/2017
- Host WILL get you where you want to go. Very professional. 04/28/2017
- I'm honestly a bit surprised by all of the amazing reviews for this agency. I've worked two assignments with them, and would give them a mediocre rating. I wouldn't recommend them, though they certainly rank higher than many of the horror stories I've heard from other travelers' experiences with different agencies.
The good: My recruiter is very personable, honest, kind, and easy to reach. I'm confident I could reach him quickly in an urgent situation.
The not so good: I honestly feel bad most of the time I have to contact my recruiter because he always seems super busy and over worked. I consider myself a pretty low maintenance travel nurse to work with, but I feel like a second tier citizen with this company and my recruiter. If I send an email to my recruiter that's longer than a few sentences, sometimes I'm lucky to ever hear anything back. I receive no recognition whatsoever, except the occasional impersonal spam company email. You check out their Facebook page, and it's cute to see how they shower their office staff with appreciation. Yet as a traveler, I have never felt like a team member, nor even close to being a valued employee of this company. It's a bit unfortunate really.
My first paycheck was a few weeks late because the company messed up my direct deposit. If you establish time off in your contract, and still work full time hours during that work, the company may try to deduct your stipends for "not working your full hours."
When comparing pay packages between Host Healthcare and a few other companies, Host's is ALWAYS the lowest by a significant amount- sometimes about $100/wk. And that's also after factoring in their poor insurance plans.
Summary: Staff is professional, kind, and personable. If I ever had a real problem, I'm relatively confident they would hopefully stick up for me. But if you want to make better money and work with a company that values you, I would suggest you look elsewhere as I have. 04/22/2017
- Host healthcare has to be the best travel agency ever especially for new travel nurses or therapist. They are very very generous with any cost needed for an assignment plus when things become due during the assignment. Once I had a rough time with an assignment in CA and when I visited the Host office, the whole office stood up and applauded for me making me feel like a special famous person. It was wonderful. Host Healthcare pays good wages and the insurance is flexible and good. Miranda M is so young but is absolutely the most mature of anyone much older. -smile. She is so experienced with Psychosocial, emotional or job-related troubleshooting. Ms. Miranda makes choosing the perfect assignment, perfect location, testing, finding housing stress free. She makes it all fun actually. She, Miranda is the best encourager, comforter. I just don't know how she does it all. She makes me feels so special, like a friend even. Miranda is my cheerleader. I tell her what I want, and everytime I get it. My current assignment in Harbor City is the best one yet. The software is user friendly. Any problem at this company is an easy fix everytime. My co-workers are a group that works together, no fighting, no bickering. I love my patient's. I do case management home health and love the area I'm assigned to. I am very blessed to be working at Host healthcare out of San Diego. 01/03/2017
- I am currently on my first travel assignment and did my fair share of research prior to beginning. I reached out to a variety of agencies and was able to get a feel for how they worked and the differences between them. Right when I was about to settle with one, Miranda, my recruiter from Host Healthcare, reached out and the rest was history.
Miranda instantly made me feel like I was a part of her team, not just an addition to her paycheck. I trusted her from the very start which is something that was lacking in all of my interactions with other companies. She wanted to not only know about my nursing aspirations but about me and what would make travel nursing a worthwhile experience in and out of the hospital.
She worked with my preferences while showing me additional offers she thought may interest me. I never felt pressured into something that didn't suit me. When I did find my current assignment in Portland, she walked me through the interview process and was just as excited as I was when we got the offer from the hospital. She has kept in touch throughout the assignment and will occasionally just send a happy Monday message.
Host Healthcare assignments range from large teaching facilities to rural areas. They offer good benefits and competitive pay that is always on time.
Everyone with Host Healthcare that I have interacted with has been very quick to respond and receptive to my needs. Kenzie was amazingly flexible and did an incredible job setting up my preemployment appointments while I was on a road trip leading up to my Portland assignment.
I truly can not say enough about the team at Host Healthcare and how painless this process was. I would recommend them to anyone and I without a doubt will continue to use them for future placements. 01/01/2017
- Kaylan is a great recruiter to work with. I have not had any issues that she was not able to resolve. She is willing to look for assignments where I want to go. 12/07/2016
- Host Healthcare has been very involved and supportive with my career. They are patient and understanding with your needs. Ask for Kaylan...trust me you cannot go wrong! 12/07/2016
- Kaylan is am amazing recruiter. Always available, answers questions in a timely manner, and is very supportive of my decisions. I would recommend her to any of my co-works/friends interested in traveling. 12/06/2016
- I have had a great experience working with Eliza and Kaylan at Host Health Care. I have recommended this company to several other nurses interested in travel nursing, 1 has gone through Host and has had a great experience as well. Highly recommend working with Host. 11/29/2016
- I had placed my resume on a website to help find the right company for myself. Miranda from Host Healthcare was the first of many to contact me and she treated me like a best friend. I had huge goals for my first assignment and she was the ONLY recruiter to not only take me seriously but helped me find a plan to make my dreams come true without compromising a single thing. She advocated for me and my travel partner on our first contract for things I didn't even realize were important until I became more experienced. She has always looked out for us and spoiled us while on assignment. Our second assignment goals remained ambitious but she went above and beyond to meet our standards and continued to pull through. She has not only facilitated strong job assignments but I can happily call her my friend. Her reliability has been nothing but comforting while so far from home and this is why we will continue to remain with Host Healthcare. 11/08/2016
- I had only been an RN for a year in the busiest ER in central Florida. I was very unhappy with my job and decided to do travel nursing. My heart was set on a specific state I wanted to go to and multuple recruiters from other travel agencies told me that I wasn't going to be able to because of lack of experience. It was down to three different travel companies. I chose Host healthcare because the recruiter was laid back, not so pushy, persistent or desperate, and because she sounded the most confident. She told me she would get me a job where I wanted.. and she did. She also offered me more money than I was hoping for. She soon became not only a recruiter, but a friend and a coworker I can count on. This company has changed my life. They are always so supportive and most importantly, they noticed your good work and reviews from your assignments and COMPENSATE you for it. It is a team effort.. and I wouldn't go with any other company. My recruiter is also the best and I appreciate her so much. I wouldn't be where I am today if it wasn't for her believing in me and working with me through every step of the way. 09/16/2016
- Host Healthcare a great company to work for. My benefits are great for my whole family. My paychecks are always on time and my housing is always safe, clean, and well furnished. My recruiter Victoria Rozalski is amazing. She is supportive, knowledgeable, and knows me personally; I'm not just another nurse on the payroll. She does her best to find me the highest paying jobs and best locations. She was also there for me through a tough situation. I have been traveling with Host Healthcare of over a year now and I will continue to do so. 09/14/2016
- Miranda is great! She's very personable and makes it very easy for new travelers. Quick responses when issues may arise. Highly recommend Host healthcare and Miranda Martz! 08/13/2016
- I have been traveling for 6 months using Host Healthcare and love it so far. My travel recruiter is always available, quick to respond to my questions or concerns, goes out of his way to check in on me and always helpful! This is my first time traveling and the experience has been awesome. I would recommend Host Healthcare to anyone interested in traveling! 08/13/2016
- Barry has always been available and is a great recruiter. He works extremely hard to get the best contract possible for you. The company has always been accommodating with my needs. I would highly recommend Barry and Host Healthcare. 06/21/2016
- I would like to commend Barry Ishikawa, my recruiter, for a very good job done. He is very accommodating, understanding, friendly and very knowledgeable of his job. He provided me the hospital and location where i wanted to be. He was so supportive and guided me well through this process since this was my first time as a Traveler Nurse. I would highly recommend Host Healthcare to all inspiring to travel everywhere. 05/20/2016
- Host Healthcare has gone above and beyond to provide me with an amazing travel experience. I really appreciate all the hard work that the staff puts in to make everything work smoothly behind the scenes for me so I can get out and do what I do best as a traveling RN. Not only do they work hard, but they are reliable, honest, and always enthusiastic about all the opportunities and requirements for every position. They truly make it fun 05/17/2016
- Miranda Martz is my recruiter and she has been very professional, easy going, easy to reach, prompt in responding, easy to speak with a well rounded recruiter. I was a bit nervous regarding the new assignment I was given because it involved rotating between 6 different hospitals whenever they are short. I was made to feel at ease by my recruiter and I appreciate that. 03/29/2016
- My recruiter Brendan treats me like a real friend and always gets back to me with whatever it is I am looking for. I really feel like he has my best interest at heart and is not trying to get me into a place that is best for him. He listens to what I have to say about different assignments and gives me good advice from his experience but leaves it totally up for me to decide what I want without any pressure. He is just great. 02/16/2016
- When talking to my recruiter the first time, I felt an immediate connection with him and when explaining my background, he went the extra mile to get me signed on and working immediately. I can call him anytime and my situation will be answered or handled. 02/16/2016
- My recruiter Chad is the best. He is friendly, honest and really listens to what I need. I am so happy I get to work with him. 02/12/2016
- Love Kaylan at Host. She is always available to talk, helps me thru difficult decisions, is very honest and transparent, and realistic. 01/29/2016
- Very accomadating and helpful with Canadiab TN visa. Also, great recruiter that's fast with responses. 01/28/2016
- Love my recruiter Barry Ishikawa! He's been immensely helpful and has gotten me great contracts and ALWAYS makes himself available! 01/16/2016
- I have no complaints about this company.My recruiter Chad made my experience transitioning into travel nursing a good one.Any issues that arose over this year was handled in a timely manner. 12/15/2015
- No regrets with Host Healthcare and my Recruiter Kaylan Duffy! She has been honest, reliable, available, compassionate when struggling. Pay is great and bonus avail, travel pay and always on time! Direct deposit! J would absolutely recommend this Travel company as they are professional. Been traveling with them for close to a year and continue to maintain my relationship with them and Kaylan Duffy recruiter. 11/12/2015
- I've completed two assignments with Host Healthcare in California after working as a travel nurse for a different company for a year. This company really delivers on their promise to provide top service! My recruiter always listened to me and was extremely helpful in finding affordable housing in my area. My pay was always accurate, unlike my last company. What is great about Host Healthcare is that your recruiter is your sole point of contact in the company. After taking a break from traveling I will definitely consider traveling with Host Healthcare again! 02/24/2015
- My first assignment with Host was in Arizona, and my second was in California. Host helped me with the licensure process for California and reimbursed me for my license while I was still on assignment in Arizona.
My recruiter is top notch and this company really cares about its nurses! 10/07/2014
- My recruiter/team are always on top of happenings! He and the entire work team are terrific! Anxious to start my next assignment with them! 07/22/2014
- I just completed an assignment in Las Vegas with Host Healthcare. I was very happy my recruiter! She arranged a hotel for me prior to finding housing at my assignment. She was also able to arrange for an extension of my assignment. I am starting another assignment with Host Healthcare later this month. 05/02/2014
Click here for advertising info