Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Marian Regional Medical Cener
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||3.8|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||3.3|
|3. Hospital Technology||2.8|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||3.3|
|5. Cafeteria food||3|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||3.3|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||4.2|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||3.7|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||3|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||3.3|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||3.8|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||3.5|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||3.3|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||2.5|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||3.5|
|17. How well staffed are they||3.2|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||2.7|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||3|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||2.5|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||64.9(6)||(0)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the nicu department(s) in the hospital. most of the nurses in nicu were former travel nurses. Very nice and helpful. I made my own schedule . 12/30/2016 Housing was approximately 15 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was LaSage Mobile Home park. Housing was located in city of Grover Beach. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. fully furnished all bills paid by the beach $2000/mo
- I worked in the MS department(s) in the hospital. No CNA's. Only 4 pts per nurse, but all vital signs, blood sugars, baths etc. done by the assigned nurse. 2 pts. both with diarrhea, one cdiff, one alcoholic brain, both needing 2 people to clean them frequently, is more than I want to experience again. 08/07/2015 Housing was approximately 10 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was na. Housing was located in city of Nipomo. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 2. found my housing on craigslist. lasted one month with an ER staff nurse with a personality disorder. Then found a nicer woman to live with in Nipomo.
- I worked in the Med Surg department(s) in the hospital. primary nursing model. no nursing assistants. all blood sugars, vital signs, baths, linen changes etc are done by the nurse. that is fine when all patients are independent and not complicated, but it takes sick people to get admitted to the hospital. It's tough. Don't want to work this nursing model again. I always appreciate my CNA's. 07/22/2015 Housing was approximately 10 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was na. Housing was located in city of Nipomo. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 2. I moved in with an ER nurse who found my ad on craigslist. Turned out she was mean little ho girl, cray cray, and a lying person. volunteered her ex-husband to help me unload my vehicle. when I arrived, she told me he had been dead 18 years. needed to get out of there after 1 month. it was traumatic. hard to recover from her abuse. I'm headed back home and putting travel nursing on hold indefinitely.
- I worked in the CCU department(s) in the hospital. poor assignments for travellers- always get two sickest patients in unit while rest of staff is bored silly. no consistency from night to night. place travellers on call them call you in to get two critical pts in 30 minutes- no one helping out. staff morale at an all te low. can't wait to be out of there 07/08/2015 Housing was approximately 6 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was knollwood meadows. Housing was located in city of Orcutt. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 2. change your locks- many thieves on staff
- I worked in the ICU department(s) in the hospital. Beautiful facility. The ICU nurses were very skilled and well trained. Most nurses had at least 15 years of dedicated service to the unit. The ICU director was very friendly and accommodating. The only negative was not being able to self schedule on day shift. 10/15/2014 Housing was approximately none mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was none. Housing was located in city of none. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. Took the housing stipend
- I worked in the Med/Surg department(s) in the hospital. On the unit I was assigned to (med/surg), everyone was extremely friendly and helpful. That being said, be aware that travelers are the first to get floated. They float to Tele and the ED...whether they have ACLS or not. They do try to keep the Med/Surg ratio 4:1, but the also no longer staff CNAs so you are doing total care. Still on paper charting but starting their Cerner conversion in January.
The area is beautiful but not a whole lot going on. You are, however, centrally located 2-4 hours from all major CA cities (San Fran, LA, San Diego). I lived close to the hospital which was convenient but the recommended areas to live are Pismo Beach and Shell Beach. Its worth the 25 min or so drive. 11/17/2013 Housing was approximately 5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Parke Orcut. Housing was located in city of Santa Maria. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. Nice community but try to snag a place at the beach!
Click here for advertising info