Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Dominican Hospital
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||3.2||1.0|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||2.2||1.0|
|3. Hospital Technology||2.8||2.0|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||4.4||5.0|
|5. Cafeteria food||1.8||2.0|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||2.6||1.0|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||2.2||1.0|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||2.6||1.0|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||2.2||1.0|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||2.2||1.0|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||4.2||4.0|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||3.2||1.0|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||1.6||1.0|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||2||2.0|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||3.4||2.0|
|17. How well staffed are they||2||1.0|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||2.2||2.0|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||2.2||1.0|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||2.2||1.0|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||51.6(5)||34.0(1)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the TCU department(s) in the hospital. First, really research the area, there are a lot of places that are pretty rough. Second, I would not recommend this hospital to anyone. The are very unkind to travelers! We stayed in an RV park in Felton which was very nice 02/17/2018 Housing was approximately 15 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Smithwoods. Housing was located in city of Felton. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. None
- I worked in the Med/Surg Float Pool department(s) in the hospital. Management- felt extremely micromanaged, and for all that management they were not organized at all. They forgot that they were paying me extra as a chemo nurse and did not send me to oncology orientation until 3 weeks in.
Patients- Santa Cruz has a large homeless population and a lot of drug addicts, that was about 3/4 of my pt population.
Staffing- the CA mandated ratio was in place so I had no more than 5 pts BUT there are almost never any CNAs. This is total care people! You do everything!
Charting system is CERNER, it's ok, but not as good as epic.
Overall, this hospital is not efficient. The other nurses are fairly nice, but not many are warm, I'm from the South everyone out here seems rude. Can't wait for my assignment to end. 05/07/2016 Housing was approximately 26 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Condo I found on Craig's list. Housing was located in city of San Jose. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. I commuted because my fiancÚ took a contract job in Cupertino. I would not recommend commuting, but sometimes you have to.
- I worked in the TCU department(s) in the hospital. CNA's are lazy so you're doing primary care. The rooms are tiny and old. The cafeteria food is horrible. There is no real air conditioning so it's hot as hell. The doctors are very nice. The TCU management are ridiculous bureaucrats. The patients are very high acuity and you are often on several different halls. Travelers always get the worst assignments. Housing is ridiculously expensive and the beach stinks (literally). 08/16/2015 Housing was approximately 5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Outlook Apts. Housing was located in city of Santa Cruz. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. Nicest management and staff you'll ever meet but rent is ridiculous.
- I worked in the TCU department(s) in the hospital. beaches, but housing was hard to come by on your own 06/17/2014 Housing was approximately 20 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Outlook Apartments. Housing was located in city of Santa Cruz. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. lot of College students and no washer dryer set ups in the apartments
- I worked in the Med/surg department(s) in the hospital. This hospital is 1/5 total care. When asked if they had nurse aides they said yes however they used them as sitters or we had 1 for the entire floor. 10/14/2013 Housing was approximately 6 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Rio Sands Hotel. Housing was located in city of Aptos. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. Housing was an older hotel. Very clean and quiet right on the beach. The staff was wonderful. I would stay there again.
Click here for advertising info