Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Hemet Valley Medical Center
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||2.7||2.0|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||2.1||1.0|
|3. Hospital Technology||1.6||1.0|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||1.6||1.0|
|5. Cafeteria food||1.7||1.0|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||1.6||1.0|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||1.3||1.0|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||1.9||1.0|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||2||2.0|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||1.3||1.0|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||2.6||2.0|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||3.3||3.0|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||3||3.0|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||1.4||1.0|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||2.3||3.0|
|17. How well staffed are they||1.6||1.0|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||1.7||3.0|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||1.7||2.0|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||1.6||1.0|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||39.6(7)||32.0(1)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the Labor and Delivery department(s) in the hospital. Beware. Watch your back. Nurses sleep on the shift at night, patient safety is not a priority. Infection control is an issue, especially on L 05/25/2017 Housing was approximately 25 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Extended Stay America. Housing was located in city of Temecula. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 2. During winter months, the hotel houses homeless population, which is a good thing. However, these individuals have no respect for anyone or anything. Also, year round, there are parolees that stay here. There is significant illegal activity and the doors are broken, they don't lock, so there are constantly people who aren't staying here coming and going at all hours of the day and night.
- I worked in the telemetry department(s) in the hospital. The worst hospital in America. Equipment is archaic. Supplies are lacking. High crime area and cars broken into often. Very non-sympathetic supervisors. Most staff only speak tagalog. Places to chart are limited. BP machines are a rare commodity. 05/05/2016 The name of the housing complex was none. Housing was located in city of Temecula. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3.
- I worked in the OR department(s) in the hospital. This OR was the worst one I've ever worked at!! The director is horrible and lacks any interpersonal skills. She is in dire need of anger management classes! It was like a dumping ground for people that have been fired from other facilities. This includes the director and anesthesiologist in charge. The equipment prepared me to go to a third world country and work. There is also retaliation for any reports to HR regarding the OR director because they are all friends and NOTHING is confidential. 02/25/2015 Housing was approximately 2 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Quality Inn. Housing was located in city of Hemet. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 2. I stayed in a hotel when I worked.
- I worked in the Telemetry Unit department(s) in the hospital. I was hired to work in the ICU, but when I arrived the group of us was told to be prepared to float. I spent a total of 2 weeks out of a 13 week contract at the hospital. I was floated to the Telemetry Unit, and Med-Surg unit the majority of my contract. Some staff was friendly and willing to tell you where to find stuff but others not so much. Layout of each unit was completely different and of course there was no orientation to any of the extra units. Equipment was always broken and not enough. There were about five working vitals carts for ten working nurses. Working equipment was always being hidden from staff. Staff frequently kept working thermometers. LOTS of travelers and agency staff (close to half of the unit at times). Regular staff seem burnt out, have a loss of nursing passion, and just seem to be in a zombie mode. No one has any urgency here to answer patient's call lights. It's an every man for himself environment. Regular staff members got into fights in the hallway while I was there. IV's were constantly outdated by DAYS or flat out not working when I'd pick up patients at the beginning of the shift. Very poor report from regular staff. Many doctors did not actually go in the room to see their patients. Some doctors wouldn't even show up at all to see their patients so this hospital has long length of stays. Telemetry was the friendliest unit. Scheduling was nice though - this was the only traveling facility that has let me self schedule. The area is very impoverished and there is lots of drug use. I recommend staying in Temecula if you take an assignment here. I stayed in Hemet and I could tell you stories that would give you goosebumps. 05/05/2014 Housing was approximately 2 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was craigslist. Housing was located in city of Hemet. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 2. n/a
- I worked in the Operating Room department(s) in the hospital. There were a few very toxic persons in the department that were bullies and abusive on the job. Scrub Techs and RN's both had very inappropriate behavior and unprofessional. 05/02/2014 Housing was approximately 25 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was none. Housing was located in city of Banning. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. I made my own housing arrangements.
- I worked in the Emergency department(s) in the hospital. Wonderfully friendly staff. Terrible technology. Poor staffing. Unsafe work conditions, high traveler and staff turn over. High crime area. 03/16/2014 Housing was approximately 3 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Golden village. Housing was located in city of Hemet. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 1.
- I worked in the Emergency department(s) in the hospital. More techs needed.Challenging workplace with some challenging patients. Magnet for people who have substance abuse issues. Supportive management people and staff that work well together most of the time. Did two assignments so far and will go back again if needed. 07/15/2013 Cool and inexpensive place to stay. Housing was approximately 1 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Vagabond Innb. Housing was located in city of Hemet. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4.
Click here for advertising info