Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: St. Luke's Magic Valley Reginal Medical Center
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||3.8||4.0|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||3||2.5|
|3. Hospital Technology||2.8||3.5|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||3.8||4.0|
|5. Cafeteria food||3.4||3.5|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||3.8||3.5|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||4.2||4.0|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||2.6||3.0|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||3||2.0|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||3.2||3.5|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||3.6||3.0|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||2.8||2.5|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||2.8||2.5|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||3.2||3.5|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||3.4||3.5|
|17. How well staffed are they||4.2||4.0|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||3.4||3.5|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||3.2||3.0|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||3.6||3.5|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||67.6(5)||66.0(2)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the OR department(s) in the hospital. Came in with a verbal set schedule from the manager but it changed significantly with the next Manager. Went through 3 Managers in a 5 month time. Was told that call was required even though the first manager had specifically said that I wouldn't be having to cover it. 01/30/2017 Housing was approximately 3 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Family and friends. Housing was located in city of Twin Falls. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. none that related to my contract
- I worked in the ICU/PCU department(s) in the hospital. I have traveled to this hospital twice now for seven months each time. The staff in the ICU/PCU are fantastic and very helpful and welcoming to travelers. This is honestly the hospital I think I want to call home when I am done traveling. Staffing is great: I was NEVER tripled in the ICU and the PCU again the max I had was 3 on nights. While a smaller hospital, they do have an interventional cath lab and do get some fairly complex ICU patients. As a traveler you do spend a large part of your time in the PCU, especially in the beginning, until they can evaluate your skills, but their own staff all work between both units and it is essentially one combined unit. They recently converted to EPIC charting system. 12/14/2016 Housing was approximately 1.5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Saratoga. Housing was located in city of Twin Falls. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. The main issue with the housing at Saratoga is lease length. The minimum lease they will sign is 6 months, which had me praying I liked the hospital my first time through and that they'd extend. Second time through I knew I'd be there for at least 6 months so it wasn't an issue. The housing is super close to work and no traffic. The pool is decent. The walls in the units are a bit thin; though it wasn't a problem in my first unit, if you have screaming neighbors like my second stay it becomes tiresome.
- I worked in the NICU department(s) in the hospital. I worked in the NICU. Incredibly friendly and welcoming to travelers. Relatively slow paced level II. Nice change of pace from big bustling university hospital. Documentation system is a little outdated but workable. 03/16/2015 Housing was approximately 2 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was n/a. Housing was located in city of Twin Falls. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. My company arranged for housing so they took care of me nicely, however be aware that there are not a ton of housing options in this small town so if you have pets check with your housing office/recruiter first.
- I worked in the surgery department(s) in the hospital. charge nurses are bullies in the O.R. 10/05/2013 Housing was approximately 3.7 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was private home. Housing was located in city of twin falls. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 1. lived in residence that was extremely limited as far as kitchen, appliance, heat and ac. owner controls ALL. not a pleasant environment to live in for 3 months
- Outdoor pool, free gym, recycling, felt very safe and the staff are so friendly. Was super close to the hospital. 05/23/2013 I worked in the Womens and Childrens department(s) in the hospital. The hospital was great, except HR. Complete jerk who miscommunicated my start date and tried to blame it on my company. If you are used to a big town, you will be bored, but if you like a laid back kind of lifestyle, Twin Falls will be perfect. Lots to do when the weather is nice, but a little boring in the cold and wet seasons. Within traveling distance to many beautiful national parks and tons of waterfalls. Housing was approximately 2 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Rivercrest Apartments. Housing was located in city of Twin Falls. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5.
Click here for advertising info