Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Alameda County Medical Center Highland Campus
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||2.8||3.0|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||2.6||3.0|
|3. Hospital Technology||1.6||2.0|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||1.6||2.0|
|5. Cafeteria food||1.8||1.3|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||1.6||2.0|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||1.6||2.0|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||1.4||1.7|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||1.8||2.3|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||1.6||2.0|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||3||4.3|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||3||3.3|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||1.8||2.3|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||1.8||2.3|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||3||3.3|
|17. How well staffed are they||1.8||2.3|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||2||2.7|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||1.8||2.3|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||1.6||2.0|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||39.6(5)||47.8(3)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the OR department(s) in the hospital. The operating room is a different beast, but the staff there were grateful to have us. They worked with our given skill sets, and even trained us to be able to do more. I will be leaving here a much better nurse. Parking is a nightmare on day shift, evening shift is much better. The area nearby is not safe, I lived 30 min away. The hospital also just got upgraded to level 1, but no helipad. The regular floors are completely brand new as of April 2016, very nice. 05/22/2017 Housing was approximately 30 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Private home. Housing was located in city of Livermore. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. I found my own housing and rent privately.
- I worked in the ED department(s) in the hospital. most staff were very accomodating but others (charge RN's) down right hostile. My contract was cancelled due to "poor performance" which really hurt my feelings as every day every RN was totally maxed out at all times & I tried & believed I did a very good job! I was required at times to take 5 sick patients!! I am a "team player" & always help others as I would want someone to do for me..you are required to do everything from stat ekg's & labs on ALL patients, usually multiple lab draws are required as Highland is teaching facility & you will have various Md's putting in orders all the time. Most (not all! some were outstanding!!) Ed techs are useless & lazy. And I don't say that to unkind; merely truthful..they are union protected jobs so let's just say some humans take more pride in their work than others. I was also told my charting was "unacceptable" but I charted the way ! was taught on my 1 day "orientation". Why did they wait 2 months working there to figure out I was doing it all wrong?? My last day, I had an acute appendicitis patient that was ordered for stat US & while waiting for transport, started IV; drew labs; started IVF & antibiotics & had pt on portable monitor as she was tachy in 130's initially, but after above tx came down to 116 so I decided I had to transport this patient to whole different part of hospital for US as apparently no one else was going to, & stopped by charge nurse & told this was a poor nursing decision as patient was not medically "stable" & she would order portable US.
End of story, I got blamed for "holding" up transport of pt for not calling US & verifying they received order..when I did, they told me that since status got changed to portable US, thy downgraded the stat order..don't ask me why,,?? I hope if others choose to go there, they have a better experience..the funny thing is that it was the hardest job
I ever had but I loved it!! Every day after work I would swear I was going to quit, but I did learn a lot!1 :-) 11/01/2016 Housing was approximately 7 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was marina village inn. Housing was located in city of alameda. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. would not give discounted rate for frequent stays.
- I worked in the ER department(s) in the hospital. Disclaimer: Staff are very committed to providing the best care with what they have...The FACILITY...CARPET IN THE MEDSURG UNITS!! 1/4 INCH DUST. Spend first day wiping surfaces down while staff watched...Housekeeping??? Infection Control?? Shocking to say the least. 10/12/2016 Housing was approximately N/A mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was N/A. Housing was located in city of N/A. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 1. Alameda County Hospital (serves Island) great neighborhoods;
but spotty areas as well as overflow from Highland Hospital is routed to this facility.
- I worked in the 5E department(s) in the hospital. The worst hospital I've ever worked at so far, nothing compares to this place. I want to quit and just leave every shift I am there. Very dirty, dark and crowded, not enough help on a regular basis, very poor communication between departments, unsafe, I could've written a book about what's wrong with that place 01/24/2016 Housing was approximately 6 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Extended Stay. Housing was located in city of Alameda. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. Nice view but could be noisy at night (the ship yard is close to the hotel). Breakfast is advertised as continental, I believe, but it's only coffee, packets of dry oatmeal, granola bars, apples and oranges. The staff is friendly but if you need any kind of repair, then - good luck
- I worked in the LD department(s) in the hospital. Worst assignment ever 03/05/2013 Housing was approximately 5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Excutive Suite and Inn. Housing was located in city of Oakland. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 1. Unfriendly to nurses
Click here for advertising info