Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Cypress Fairbanks Medical Center
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||3.2||4.7|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||3||4.3|
|3. Hospital Technology||2.7||3.7|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||3.5||3.7|
|5. Cafeteria food||2.3||2.3|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||2.3||3.0|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||2.5||3.0|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||3.2||3.7|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||3.2||3.3|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||3||3.7|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||4||4.7|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||4||5.0|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||3.3||4.0|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||2.5||3.7|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||3||4.0|
|17. How well staffed are they||2.5||3.3|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||3.3||4.0|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||2.7||3.7|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||3||4.3|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||61(6)||76.8(3)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the L&D department(s) in the hospital. It was a busy place but the night shift nurses were all great! They had awesome team work and made me feel so welcome and treated me as one of their own! I was very sad to go and would definitely recommend this hospital! 03/03/2017 Housing was approximately 15 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Extended Stay America . Housing was located in city of Houston . On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3.
- I worked in the Emergency department(s) in the hospital. GREAT people but many of the staff were burnt out due to poor staffing. They were getting new management as I was leaving, that seemed to be a step in the right direction for the department. 08/01/2016 Housing was approximately 1 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was took a stipend. Housing was located in city of Houston. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. I took a stipend...so unable to answer questions r/t housing.
- I worked in the NICU department(s) in the hospital. Very positive travel experience. Friendly, caring staff. Appropriate orientation. Staff:patient ratios safe and consistent. Safe, smaller Northwest Houston suburb. Unit managed well, staff loyal. 07/01/2016 Housing was approximately 6 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was rented home. Housing was located in city of Jersey Village. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. I booked my rental through airbnb, as there are numerous safe listings in Northwest Houston. Very friendly, safe area.
- I worked in the Rehab. department(s) in the hospital. Very old hospital with rooms so small you had to constantly move furniture to get to patient. Staff constantly talking about policy and procedure and when I looked it up quite different than what they believed it to be. Most charge nurses had been out of school 3 years or less. 03/10/2016 Housing was approximately 3 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Huntington Chase. Housing was located in city of Fort Smith. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 2. Bring your own bedding and towels. Washer&dryer included. Utilities but any issues they expected you to address. Weekly intrusion by management for apartment inspections. 2 year old housed above. Would not recommend for night shift workers.
- I worked in the Cath Lab department(s) in the hospital. Rude, ungrateful, unorganized, terrible equip, quick to blame the traveler for anything (I return life pack to proper place and plug in to help maintain charge. Permanent staff will claim it was left in ER when it is right front of their face). Not military friendly I have to repeatly explain my drill dates when the information was sent by my travel agency and me personally. Will violate you personal space by looking into your contract to see how much you make and the days you need off. Again all this information was sent prior. Terrible communication between permanent staff and management. The staff here tend to talk down on travelers and continue to speak negatively of good traveling help that have left during my assignment. Not the place for any travelers. 03/07/2016 Housing was approximately 10 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Inn Towne Suites. Housing was located in city of Jersey Village . On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. Extend stay hotel. Fairly nice.
- I worked in the ED department(s) in the hospital. 03/01/2013 Housing was approximately 12 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Westlake RV Resort. Housing was located in city of Houston. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. I travel with my husband in out 5th Wheel and take the housing stipend.
Click here for advertising info