Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Eisenhower Medical Center
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||4||2.0|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||2.8||2.0|
|3. Hospital Technology||3.1||1.0|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||4.1||4.0|
|5. Cafeteria food||3.2||3.0|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||3.2||1.0|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||3.8||4.0|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||2.9||1.0|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||3||1.0|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||3.9||2.0|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||3.5||2.0|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||3.6||2.0|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||3.2||2.0|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||3.1||1.0|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||4.4||4.0|
|17. How well staffed are they||4||4.0|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||4.2||4.0|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||3.4||2.0|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||3.4||1.0|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||70.4(8)||44.0(1)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the Operating room department(s) in the hospital. This is a terrible hospital to work, there is no true protocol here. Time-out doesn't mean much to the doctors'. Management sucks.You will lose everything you ever work hard for here especially your nursing license. Be careful! The pay rate here is okay. 10/06/2017 Housing was approximately 8 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was referral from a friend. Housing was located in city of Palm Desert. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. Its easy to find housing here. People here always have something for rent for cheap.
- I worked in the med/surg department(s) in the hospital. Hospital in general is friendly and was a good assignment. However, I was floated most shifts which was annoying because i was hired for a specific unit. It was not uncommon to work my 3 shifts in a different unit every night. The charting system is Mccesson. Not my favorite, but they are supposed to be updating to epic. Nurse-patient ration laws made the work load reasonable. They are very good about not going over ratio. This was never an issue. Palm Springs is close and a nice place to visit. LA and San diego are very close and easy day trips. Joshua tree National park was a fun place to hike/explore. It is an older population in this area, so a lot is geared toward the retired and snow birds. 02/02/2016 Housing was approximately 10 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Mediterra. Housing was located in city of La Quinta. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. Spacious appartment. Large master bathroom and walk in closet. Grounds are well kept. Parking is assigned so there is never an issue. Nice heated pool, jaccuzi, outdoor patio area with TV and fire place. Gym is small but had everything i needed.
- I worked in the er department(s) in the hospital. I had a great experience in this hospital. Regular staff welcoming and willing to help. 12/09/2015 Housing was approximately 8 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was AirBnB. Housing was located in city of Rancho Mirage. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 2. My AirBnB was less than expected. I will look carefully next time
- I worked in the Emergency department(s) in the hospital. I did two assignments here. One was 13 weeks and the second was 8 weeks. Overall, it was a pretty good experience for my first travel assignment. They get a lot of travelers so they are welcoming. I didn't get a say in my schedule. One schedule period it was great; the next it was horrible.
In regards to the doctor, some were iffy. Most were nice and welcoming, though. There were very few who needed direction when it came to getting orders completed for the patient.
They use McKesson for charting. Not the greatest system. I felt like I did a lot of double charting which is a waste of time.
Staffing was good. Never had more than 4 patients and always got my lunch. If I had an ICU patient, there was another nurse to come over and help with my other patients 99% of the time.
Starting off was a bit rough. I did the normal things like drug screen, fit test, blood drawn, etc. A week later, I was told the hospital needed me to get another TB test because they don't accept the blood testing for TB. I go and get the TB skin test completed. A week later (the day before I am to leave), I am told they need another TB test because they need 2 negative results. This time they accept a blood draw since I am leaving the next day. A few days later (while I am somewhere in Utah), I am informed they don't accept the mask used for the fit test. They require the Kimberly Clark N-95 which they stated was at any hardware store or home depot. After driving all around the Coachella Valley when I made it there, I did not find it. They allowed me to go to their outpatient center and have the fit test done.
The assignment got better but it was a rocky start (especially for my first). I met some great people who I am friends with today.
Just make sure to ask about weekends as they changed that all the time as well. 04/07/2015 Housing was approximately 20 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Holiday Inn Express & Suites. Housing was located in city of Banning. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. Had a minifridge and microwave. Clean hotel and friendly staff. Did the job.
- I worked in the observation department(s) in the hospital. Great place to do an assignment. Staff is very friendly and welcoming of travelers. Assignments are reasonable, and they treat you like they treat their staff (everyone takes turns floating, taking an extra pt, etc). I worked mostly in observation unit which was a breeze, pts in and out pretty quickly. Also worked some on 4south (vascular stepdown) its pretty busy and chaotic there, but nothing unmanageable (especially having mandated ratios helps). 08/19/2014 Housing was approximately 15 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was 5802 Tattersall Dr. Apt 31. Housing was located in city of Palm Springs. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. I rented a studio called El Moro Villas from Mclean properties. Nothing fancy, but suited my needs. Palm Springs is a fun place to hang out.
- I worked in the OR department(s) in the hospital. I worried about my nursing license every day I worked there. 01/02/2014 Housing was approximately 6 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was unknown. Housing was located in city of Desert Palms. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. none
- I worked in the OR department(s) in the hospital. borderline neighborhood 12/06/2013 Housing was approximately 5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was hotel. Housing was located in city of Phoenix. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 2. poor management, dirty, uncomfortable, marginal clientele
- I worked in the Emergency department(s) in the hospital. Working here has been a fantastic experince! Numerous repeat travelers! I was given the exact schedule and shift I requested 6 days on and 8 days off - perfect for me - it gives me more time to travel and explore the area - San Diego and Los Angeles are both only a few hours away. The ER is relatively new with new equipment, enough equipment, proper equipment, and enough staffing. Nurses have autonomity to help get the job done. The best patient care I have ever seen! Travelers are treated like full-time staff.
02/22/2013 Housing was approximately 5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Shadow Mountain Resort. Housing was located in city of Palm Desert. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. The housing is located at a tennis resort - Country Club living with all the ameities - gated community, huge heated swimming pool, Jaccuzzi, spa, exercise room, numerous tennis courts, includng clay courts, tennis pro, restaurant, golf course right next door - all located within walking distance from El Paseo - the Rodeo Drive of thePalm Springs area.
Click here for advertising info