Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Havasu Regional Medical Center
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||3||3.0|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||2||3.0|
|3. Hospital Technology||1.6||2.0|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||4.2||3.0|
|5. Cafeteria food||2.4||2.0|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||2.6||1.0|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||2.8||2.0|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||1.2||1.0|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||1.6||1.0|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||1.8||1.0|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||2.2||1.0|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||2.2||3.0|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||2.2||3.0|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||1||1.0|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||1||1.0|
|17. How well staffed are they||1||1.0|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||1||1.0|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||1.4||2.0|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||1||1.0|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||39.8(5)||36.0(1)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the icu department(s) in the hospital. 1/2 day orientation not enough 04/12/2017 Housing was approximately 1 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was The Sands. Housing was located in city of Lake Havasu. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. noise level at night and around pool
- I worked in the ICU department(s) in the hospital. The ICU director is terrible. She's rarely around and when she is she's very unapproachable. She has no regard for your feelings. She treats her staff like they're recyclable. Most of them have no loyalty towards the hospital anymore. The team lead is run ragged doing manager and educator work yet the director refuses to give her that title. She also refuses to hire new staff even though they're chronically understaffed. The area is beautiful but the hospital is very unpleasant and unsafe. 05/05/2016 Housing was approximately 4 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was I found a condo on Craigslist . Housing was located in city of Lake Havasu. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. I would take housing through your company. Everyone I know has gotten exceptional housing from their company here. No extended stays.
- I worked in the ER department(s) in the hospital. Very understaffed. I had 5 very busy sick patients every day, with no regard to acuity. Other nurses were too busy in their rooms to help each other. Staff didn't help travelers very much. 04/19/2016 Housing was approximately 6 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was RV Park. Housing was located in city of Lake Havasu. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5.
- I worked in the IMC department(s) in the hospital. My husband and Myself worked on the same unit. The unit manager was friendly and kind, but her boss was not. The facility expects way too much from all staff. The patients are not the main focus as exhibited by the hospital does not supply sitters for confused or high fall risk customers. There is not enough working equipment, and supplies are cheap. The permanent staff are basically working there because there is not any where else close by to work. Other departments are not friendly, except pharmacy, they always answered our calls and addressed our needs quickly. We had worked here previously and had a very pleasant experience and we're excited to be going back, this was so diasappointing to have had a bad experience here. Also of note the computer system frequently was down and we had to do paper charting. The double check on high risk medications was very bad, you just put someone else's name in, they never looked at what was drawn up. Very unsafe! The patients were overall happy with the facility and travelled quite a ways to come here. 11/21/2015 Housing was approximately 1.5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was We RV and stayed at SAMs beachcomber. Housing was located in city of Lake Havasu City. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. Campground is under new management and is being upgraded, all staff were very pleasant.
- I worked in the IMC department(s) in the hospital. Run! Chronic understaffing. Rarely a CNA on the floor, expected to care for 4 acutely ill IMC patients or 6 med/tele patients on that unit with no aide. Med surg floor with 42 patients and only 1-2 aides if at all. For profit hospital, they care only about the bottom line. Inadequate supplies to do your job. Nursing staff very nice but overworked and intimidated. 02/02/2013 Housing was approximately 1.5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Vista del Lago. Housing was located in city of Lake Havasu City. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4.
Click here for advertising info