Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Wake Forest Baptist
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||3.8|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||2.4|
|3. Hospital Technology||2.6|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||3|
|5. Cafeteria food||2.6|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||1.6|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||2.6|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||3|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||2.4|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||3.6|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||3.6|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||3.2|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||2.6|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||2.8|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||3|
|17. How well staffed are they||2.8|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||3|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||3|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||3.4|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||58(5)||(0)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the PICU department(s) in the hospital. I worked in PICU. This was my first assignment. The staff and physicians were very kind and accepting. The nursing staff is always willing to help when asked. The only problem is that everyone is so busy with their own assignment that it's hard to ask anyone for help. I got floated several times to peds and NICU. The staff there were very helpful to me also. It was a great first experience! 02/10/2016 Housing was approximately 5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Colonial Village. Housing was located in city of Winston-Salem. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. I found my own housing.
- I worked in the Hospitalist-9AE department(s) in the hospital. For my first assignment, this was a great place to work at. Staff were TERRIFIC! They were all helpful and accommodating! Nurse/ Patient ratio was usually 1/5. Layout of floor I worked on was good. The doctors were very nice to work with. Only complaint is travelers are the first to be floated and not able to pick your days you want to work. Overall, its a traveler friendly hospital with enough time of orientation.
09/21/2015 Housing was approximately 5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was shared housing. Housing was located in city of winston salem. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. Found own housing.
- I worked in the MICU department(s) in the hospital. Management on 4Reynolds is amazing. They are very helpful and appreciative of you. Would Highly recommend this area of tue hospital as well as the ED. I was floated down to ED one night (I have no experience there at all), and to my suprise everyone was very friendly, helpful, & accommodating. Was also floated to Sicu and IMC, both places everyone was very friendly and helpful! Great place to work! 09/03/2013 Housing was approximately 6-8 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Morgan Ridge. Housing was located in city of Winston Salem. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. Apt. Was pretty nice. Garbage p/u outside your door sun-thurs, convenient. Pet friendly, I have a 35lb lab mix. Pool, fitness center, free movie rentals in the office. Fast food, groceries, walmart are all just across or down the street. Only complaint is there is not much to do in Winston, but w/in 2hrs of blue ridge parkway and camping, etc. Asheville is a fun town and Greensboro has a better atmosphere and more restaurants!
- I worked in the ICU department(s) in the hospital. 07/13/2013 Housing was approximately 8 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Crowne Club. Housing was located in city of Winston-Salem. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 2.
- I worked in the Neurosurgery Step-down department(s) in the hospital. I worked in the Neurosurgery/Urology Step-down unit. Orientation was 2 weeks long and my contract was for nights. I orientated on days had no orientation at all for nights. Many nights I had 5 patients at times I had 6 patients. I had a horrible schedule. The travelers did not get a choice of the days they wanted they were given the days that the regular staff did not want. I was told by the manager that the travelers are they to accommodate the regular staff not the travelers, therefore the regular staff did not work but one weekend out of the month. I worked almost every Sunday night. This was my absolute worst assignment ever. Housing was my worst as well. 11/27/2012 Housing was approximately 10-15 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Briarleigh Apts.. Housing was located in city of Winston Salem. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 2. I worked nights so I did not get very much sleep due to poor structure of the complex. The walls were very thin and I could hear every single step that anyone would take up the stairs. Even if someone was cooking in their apartments next to me I could smell their food as if it was in my apartment. I could hear the people walking above me. It was extremely noisy.
Click here for advertising info