Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: John Muir Med Center
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||3.6||5.0|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||3.4||4.0|
|3. Hospital Technology||4.4||5.0|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||4.4||3.0|
|5. Cafeteria food||3.8||4.0|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||3.6||3.0|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||4||3.0|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||3.2||4.0|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||3.2||4.0|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||3.8||4.0|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||3.8||4.0|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||4||4.0|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||3.6||3.0|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||4.2||4.0|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||4.2||4.0|
|17. How well staffed are they||3.6||5.0|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||4||5.0|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||3.2||4.0|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||3.4||5.0|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||75.4(5)||80.0(1)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the PCU department(s) in the hospital. I loved working here, and from day one, the staff on PCU made me feel so welcome. I stayed on for 3 contracts totaling 9 months there, and the day I left I was so sad to go, and they had a pizza party for me.
I was floated pretty frequently at 3pm (I always worked dayshift) especially toward the end of my last contract. I was floated mostly to MSICU, where they were awesome at making appropriate assignments for me. I was floated to neuro/trauma sometimes, and once they gave me an inappropriate assignment and didn't appreciate my vocal concern, but it was only one time. I was floated to med/surg as well, probably about 1-2x/month. It was rare for me to spend all 36 hours/wk on PCU, but truly all of the units were well run and welcoming. I never felt like I was given the "heavy" assignment for the day, just because i'm a traveler. They also like to recruit a lot of travelers to stay on permanently, and they are successful more times than not. I would go back to this facility in a heartbeat. 01/19/2017 Housing was approximately 20 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Parc on Powell. Housing was located in city of Oakland. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. At first I found an ad on the internet to rent a room in Walnut Creek. The neighborhood is nice and safe, but I was looking to live closer to SF, so I subleased an apartment in Oakland. It was pretty expensive, but it was just across from the Bay Bridge and only about a 20 min drive to work in the AM, as I was going against traffic in the morning rush. I heard from nightshift it's a nightmare to live closer to the city to commute. Route 24 gets really backed up sometimes.
- I worked in the Ortho department(s) in the hospital. Manager and unit supervisors not willing to help travelers with schedule nd were not welcoming. 03/24/2014 Housing was approximately .5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Archstone. Housing was located in city of Walnut creek. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 2. Na
- I worked in the ER department(s) in the hospital. Friendly coworkers. Would recommend this hospital to anyone looking to travel in this area. 12/27/2013 Housing was approximately 40 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Found own. Housing was located in city of San Francisco. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. I found my own housing
- I worked in the Labor and delivery department(s) in the hospital. kept travellers on the outside, snobby 05/28/2007 Housing was approximately NA mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was NA. Housing was located in city of NA. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 1. provided own housing
- I work in MS/Tele. Each floor under a manager will be always watching your skill level. They seem to have as a goal to recruit as many of as they can. The general Moral on all shifts was found to be very good and the staff was responsive to needs and questions.
Click here for advertising info