Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Methodist Main
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||3.9||4.0|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||3||4.0|
|3. Hospital Technology||2.2||4.0|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||3.9||5.0|
|5. Cafeteria food||3||3.5|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||2.7||3.5|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||2.9||3.5|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||2.6||2.0|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||2.9||4.0|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||3||3.5|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||3||4.0|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||3.4||4.5|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||2.9||3.5|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||2.9||4.5|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||3.3||4.0|
|17. How well staffed are they||2.8||3.5|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||3.1||4.0|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||3.1||4.0|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||2.9||4.0|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||60.7(9)||77.0(2)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the 4S Tele department(s) in the hospital. This assignment was to help staff & open a brand new unit. While it sounded like an awesome opportunity, something to put on a resume, it was a terrible assignment. The unit was staffed with 80% travelers and they gave us little to no training/orientation; some as little as 2 hours. The unit is so disorganized and has very little leadership. In fact, the permenant staff that started on the unit ended up transfering or are actively looking for other jobs. The staffing that was promised during the interview is not at all what we now work with. We were told RN patient ratio of 1:4 or 5 with 1-2 CNAs (2 for a full unit). We're lucky if we ever have 1 CNA and we're nearly always staffed at 5. And the hospital rates this unit as an intermediate (step down) unit as opposed to the cardiac tele that I interviewed & signed for. As a result, were forced to take care of sicker & sicker patients without getting any support staff. It's a rarity to get out of work on time because of the workload. Ur the manager is constantly harping on the staff about OT & hourly rounding. This assignment is definitely one of my worst! 02/14/2018 Housing was approximately 31 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Top of the Hill RV Resort. Housing was located in city of Boerne . On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. We travel in a 5th wheel RV, so we stay in RV parks. Although there's a few to choose from, Top of the Hill RV is one of the nicest for the price. Amenities include laundry facility (very cheap washing & drying), club house, pool, rec room, general store, dog park, various community gatherings. And the small town of Boerne is very charming and has tons of things to see & do.
- I worked in the WSU department(s) in the hospital. 11/15/2017 Housing was approximately 5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Airbnb. Housing was located in city of San Antonio . On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5.
- I worked in the MICU/MSICU department(s) in the hospital. The staff is what makes the assignment good. However sometimes supplies aren't readily available, staff ratios are usually 2:1 but dont be surprised if charge will make one or two 3:1 teams. Mgmt will not have your back if something occurs. Charting system is Meditech which is a DOS based program 02/25/2017 Housing was approximately 10 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Furnished Finders. Housing was located in city of San Antonio . On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. Furnished apt with everything you could need. Safe neighborhood. Close to many attractions throughout the city.
- I worked in the IMIS PCU department(s) in the hospital. I had a poor experience at this hospital on the IMIS unit. I went in every day with a positive attitude and I gave it my all, only to feel completely exhausted at the end of my shifts. I was very micromanaged on my unit. The assistant manager came to speak with me one to two times per week about something small I have done wrong (one time I failed to scan a stool softener which dropped my barcode scan rate- this was the only single medication I failed to scan during my entire assignment!). I was made to stay over to go to a staff meeting, some information was useful and some information did not at all pertain to travelers. In that staff meeting, the nurse manager (whom I had not once met and whom had not once acknowledged me) rolled her rolling chair over my foot and did not bother to excuse herself or apologize. Most of the staff seemed very hostile and short-fused. A lot of the permanent staff worked overtime every single week. The patients on this unit were very, very ill- which made for a good learning experience. This unit lacked a good supply of medical equipment. The PCTs were very over-worked on this unit. On nights, there was usually 1 PCT for the whole unit (I believe it was a 24 bed unit). Also, the charting system is very out dated and not at all user friendly. I would say 3/4 of the physicians I spoke with, were unnecessarily rude to not only myself but to other nurses.
I am not one to complain, however I would not at all recommend this hospital to any traveler.
San Antonio, however, was a very fun city to live in with lots of experiences to be had. I did enjoy my time exploring San Antonio and soaking up the rich culture it offered. 08/28/2016 Housing was approximately 8 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was The Madison. Housing was located in city of San Antonio (King Williams Cultural Arts District). On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. I rented from "The Madison" in the King William Cultural Arts District of downtown San Antonio. This was an excellent place to stay in a historical building with rooms that were turned into apartments. This location was perfect- just a couple of blocks from the San Antonio River Walk, and it is walking distances to many bars, restaurants, and coffee shops. If I do return to San Antonio, I would love to stay at The Madison again!
- I worked in the SICU department(s) in the hospital. They call it SICU but it is CVICU. Very outdated charting system (Meditech), outdated policies and equipment. The ICU is very very old, hard to do your job when its so outdated! They are ok to travelers but don't expect to have any say in your schedule. Also, allow surgeons to do paper orders instead of making them use the Meditech system which causes a lot more work for the nurse since you have to put each order into the computer! 12/31/2014 Housing was approximately 5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Mission Ranch. Housing was located in city of San Antonio. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. Housing was ok. They place garbage on the curb throughout the apartment complex without any garbage dumpsters. You literally just throw it there. Pretty disgusting. Also, my neighbors apartment door was busted into the other day despite having "security and gated" community. A joke. The furniture is very nice though!
- I worked in the MICU/MSICU department(s) in the hospital. The only drawback to this hospital is it's computer system (Meditech) and equipment. It is very outdated and prevents you from getting your job done in a timely fashion. However, the staff is excellent and are a pleasure to work with. They are all very friendly and I would highly recommend going here to travel for at least 1 assignment. The surrounding city is beautiful and there are a ton of things to do. 12/21/2014 Housing was approximately 3 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Mission Ranch. Housing was located in city of San Antonio. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. Decent apartment, nothing fancy, but it did the job. Reasonable price. Safe, gated community. Only drawbacks I had were the loud neighbors and the many many many MANY dogs in the apartment complex. Not good for light sleepers!
- Housing was approximately 3 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Mission Rand. Housing was located in city of San Antonio. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. 07/11/2013 Housing was clean. I never had a problem with feeling safe, however, there were some car break-ins in the complex. Close to the hospital. Pet friendly. Gym available but with limited hours at night. I worked in the ER department(s) in the hospital. nurse pt ratio 4:1. fast paced ER. "Pull to Full" policy kept the lobby empty or with wait times less than an hour. Customer service is a huge component of this HCA hospital. With this being said nurse are running all the time and burn out easily. The techs are great and help the nurse a lot. This ER runs very smoothly and the staff is extremely friendly to travelers. If you don't mind running all 12 hrs of your shift I would recommend this ER. There is a large level one teaching hospital across the street and Methodist Main is a level three trauma center so it doesn't receive a lot of "good" traumas.
- I worked in the PCU department(s) in the hospital. Again another Texas hospital with too high of workload but I still enjoyed my time here just because of the staff...would go back in a heartbeat (well as long as its not summer, too hot for me...). I am still remain in touch with the staff there. 04/29/2013 Housing was approximately 4 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was villas at medical center. Housing was located in city of san antonio. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. it gets a four only because I would have liked to be a little closer to city center...closeness to work very good...
- Housing was approximately 2 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Signature Ridge. Housing was located in city of San Antonio. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. 05/07/2012 Housing is the only good thing on my assignment
Click here for advertising info