Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Kaiser Zion
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||1.8||1.7|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||1.9||1.7|
|3. Hospital Technology||2.2||2.0|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||3.4||2.3|
|5. Cafeteria food||2||2.3|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||2.1||2.0|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||2.5||2.3|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||2||1.0|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||2.2||2.3|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||2.1||1.3|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||2||1.7|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||2.1||2.0|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||1.8||1.7|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||1.8||2.0|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||2.5||1.7|
|17. How well staffed are they||2.1||1.7|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||1.9||1.7|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||1.6||1.3|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||1.5||1.3|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||42.1(8)||36.3(3)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the Med-Surg/Tele department(s) in the hospital. 06/20/2016 Housing was approximately < 10 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Promenade at Rio Vista. Housing was located in city of San Diego. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4.
- I worked in the ICU department(s) in the hospital. First things first. This is the worst hospital for ICU travel nurses. If you are coming from a real ICU and get talked into working here then please prepare to see how poorly run a unit can be. There is no morale here, a lot of backstabbing between permanent staff that was painful to watch/hear, and a lot of incompetence. It's sad that the only redeeming quality of this assignment was meeting other travelers. I understand that money is important but the fact that people are willing to exchange their happiness for it is baffling. 05/18/2016 Housing was approximately N/A mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was took my own housing. Housing was located in city of San Diego. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. -
- I worked in the OR department(s) in the hospital. This hospital was very cold to travelers at first. That said, if you prove yourself they will warm up and accept you there. Its a very very busy place but the staffing was fairly adequate. I was one of 12 travelers in the OR alone. The city of San Diego is great and I had a great time which is why I stayed for 3 contracts. 04/26/2016 Housing was approximately 7 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was n/a. Housing was located in city of San Diego. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. Every neighborhood of San Diego has a different flavor and feel to it. I took the stipend and found my own housing. There are plenty of options to choose from though. Be wary housing is very expensive and if you use craigslist there are tons of scammers on there for San Diego housing. Do some research about the neighborhoods to see what might work best for you.
- I worked in the ICU department(s) in the hospital. I'll say this first. As an ICU nurse, I maybe saw the ICU 3-4 times in 3 months. Plan on floating midway through your shift between different med/surg units and taking the worst assignments with practically no help. Other hospitals have given me new traumas, balloon pumps, and critical neuros/camino bolts (after of course showing initiative, proving my experience, and willingness to uphold patient care) while Kaiser gave me assignments that were a pure mess due to the incompetence most staff demonstrated. Night nurses are unfortunately stuck with one hospitalist that cannot intubate, start central lines, and looks beaten/worn down from the number of unnecessary calls that overtax their pagers. This hospital is inept and in my experience of traveling across the country, probably one of the worst I have come across. The number 1 priority for this hospital isn't the patients, it's the charting. There are so many problems internally and the fact that they try to blame travelers for their shortcomings is meretricious. Staff morale is so low and I think the only reason people stay here is for the money. Staffing and scheduling is vexatious. Plan on having the most frustrating schedule considering they give you what's left last/open. I've since been to 3 other area hospitals and can say it's a night/day difference: hospitals that treat you as a permanent employee, let you make your own schedule, rarely float you, intensivists 24/7, and competent staff. As a traveler money is important of course, but keep your sanity first and foremost. Research and look at the other hospitals in the area even if they don't pay as much. 01/16/2016 Housing was approximately N/A mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was N/A. Housing was located in city of San Diego. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. take the housing stipend
- I worked in the ICU department(s) in the hospital. San Diego definitely has plenty to do, so I recommend the area. The hospital, however, leaves much to be desired. I was hired for ICU and took care of maybe 2 ICU patients in my 3 months there. You will float every shift, take the first admission on every floor, and often float every four hours. This hospital does not treat travelers well. 12/19/2014 Housing was approximately N/A mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was I took the stipend. Housing was located in city of San Diego. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. I took the stipend.
- I worked in the L&D department(s) in the hospital. Horrible charting system, staff morale is generally pretty low. People did not seem to like their work, which is pretty hard in Labor and delivery. Took 2 weeks to get a Pyxis code, all in all not a good exxperience. 11/22/2014 Housing was approximately 25 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was stayed with a friend. Housing was located in city of Poway. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 2. I found my own housing
- I worked in the float department(s) in the hospital. 04/29/2013 Housing was approximately 6 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was don't remember. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 1. it was a tiny studio apartment...
- Housing was approximately 13 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Point Loma Yacht Club Condos. Housing was located in city of San Diego. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. 05/03/2011 Point Loma is a safe and scenic neighborhood to live. I agreed to a 9 week extension here because I like the area so much.
Click here for advertising info