Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Banner Good Sam
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||4.6||4.0|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||4.2||3.0|
|3. Hospital Technology||4.2||4.0|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||3.8||4.0|
|5. Cafeteria food||4.2||4.0|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||4.6||5.0|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||4.2||3.0|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||4||4.0|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||3||2.0|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||4.2||4.0|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||4.8||5.0|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||4.2||4.0|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||4.2||4.0|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||4.2||2.0|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||4.6||5.0|
|17. How well staffed are they||4.4||5.0|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||4.4||4.0|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||4.6||4.0|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||4.4||4.0|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||85(5)||78.0(1)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the Med/Surg ICU department(s) in the hospital. This is a good hospital, seems to be a staple on the traveler circuit :) and they treat us fairly well. The staff are knowledgeable and doctors pretty friendly overall. It's a teaching hospital. I was in Med/Surg ICU on the 11th floor. Cerner charting, decent equipment overall and good resources - PICC/VAT team, tele ICU (can call anytime for orders or emergent help). However, sometimes it is very difficult to get things done/get appropriate direction from someone who actually knows the patient: not all ICU pts are managed by the main ICU team. Some are managed by Transplant, some by hospitalist groups, some by a specific service, some by a pulmonology team, and so on. The lack of centralized care can be quite disturbing, inefficient and downright confusing at times. However, the staff are friendly and helpful, always willing to point me in the right direction of who to call and when. It's disruptive to my workflow but not unmanageable. :) The only other big downside of Banner is they can (and will) cancel travelers once a week. That's standard for them. Whether you get paid or on-call pay depends on your company, but in general you won't make as much as you expect. They overhired travelers this season, and quite a few contracts were ended early. 03/04/2017 Housing was approximately 2.5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Zazu Pannee. Housing was located in city of Phoenix. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. Zazu is a good place to live. Central location, close to the hospital, restaurants, lots of shopping, several grocery options. Decent amenities - free linen laundry once a week, maintenance is prompt, up to date units, heated pool. Only two laundry rooms on property, they are good but can be quite far from some of the units. Staff is very friendly and helpful.
- I worked in the OR department(s) in the hospital. I absolutely loved working at Banner Good Sam (now Banner University ). I worked in the OR.This was a very traveler friendly department. They have lots of ancillary help and they are a teaching facility so most doctors are super patient and nice. I may be a bit biased since I came from an inner city hospital that lacked supplies and technology and had an overall very bad morale (not very traveler friendly at all). So to me, this place was a breath of fresh air! Loved my apartment /condo too. It was only 3.2 miles from my job so I'd often just ride my bike to work. Ithe was gated and very safe and I'd recommend it to anyone (The Hawthorne Apartments). 08/13/2015 Housing was approximately 3.2 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Hawthorne Apartments . Housing was located in city of Phoenix. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. The Hawthorne Apartments are a gated community. I felt very safe there. The building is very pretty in my opinion and offered several amenities. There is an on site gym, a nice sized pool and hot tub. I liked that we had a small storage area to store our bikes in addition to our spacious living area.
- I worked in the pcu department(s) in the hospital. The only issue was the chance of being placed on once per pay period. No 36 hour guarantee. Travelers were the first to be a called off each week. I haven't been called in yet. 04/05/2015 Housing was approximately 4 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Matthew Henson. Housing was located in city of Phoenix. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. They are nice apartments. All 2 story town houses, with no upstairs neighbors. I always take the housing stipend.
- I worked in the PACU department(s) in the hospital. The staff here is amazing, I felt like one of their own. I wish I could stay here, the PACU has been wonderful! I actually liked working here better than my previous staff nursing jobs. 03/06/2014 Housing was approximately 15 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was lived with family. Housing was located in city of Glendale. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. I lived with family while on this assignment.
- I worked in the Transition department(s) in the hospital. Great ratio and friendly place to work. I am seeking to renew my contract. 11/13/2008 Housing was approximately 15 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was DNA. Housing was located in city of Mesa. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. Used my own housing
Click here for advertising info