Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Johns Hopkins BAYVIEW
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||3||3.7|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||2.1||2.7|
|3. Hospital Technology||2.6||3.7|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||2.1||2.3|
|5. Cafeteria food||2.9||3.0|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||2.5||3.0|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||3.1||3.0|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||2.9||3.3|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||3||3.7|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||4.4||4.7|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||3.6||4.7|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||3.2||3.7|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||2.4||2.7|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||2.8||3.7|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||3.5||3.7|
|17. How well staffed are they||3.1||4.0|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||3||3.7|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||2.4||3.0|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||2.4||3.0|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||56.8(8)||67.0(3)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the Med/Surg Tele department(s) in the hospital. I worked on MedA. The first day on the unit the manager kinda brushed through the orientation and never saw her again after I left. She was barely around and staff there claimed she wasn't supportive of her staff. The nurses on the floor were really nice for the most part, but working with some of the techs was tough. There were a few techs on the floor that basically gave you grief every time you would ask for something. The charge nurses during the day and some at night barely helped you. I got more support from fellow travelers and some staffed nurses before the charge nurse would help. The cafeteria was overpriced and the food was mediocre. You have to pay for parking and the parking lots are not nearby so plan to arrive at least 10 minutes prior to your shift. 03/28/2017 Housing was approximately 20 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Ashton Woods. Housing was located in city of Ellicott City. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. I chose my own housing and really liked the area. But the commute to and from work was long and the surrounding area was dull. Not much going on if you're looking for a nice fun time or night life.
- I worked in the Emergency room department(s) in the hospital. Not a great place to start out as a new traveller. Nurses are 50-50 as far as helping you out. Doctors are friendly but exceptionally slow. Nobody seems to be in a hurry to get anything done so 15 hour wait times are considered normal here. a majority of patients here are drug users so make sure your IV skill are pretty good. the back office in the ED needs work with organization. as a traveller, you pretty much get scraps as far as schedule; And no, you will not be self scheduling. It's a teaching hospital so nursing concerns are pretty secondary. The use EPIC so charting is pretty good. supplies never run dry. I will work here again for more money 11/28/2016 Housing was approximately 20 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was did not take company housing. Housing was located in city of Laurel. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. Found my own housing
- I worked in the PCU department(s) in the hospital. Great assignment! All the staff was professional and welcoming. Very grateful about having travelers there. It's been my best gig to date. 05/08/2016 Housing was approximately 4 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was The Munsey. Housing was located in city of Baltimore. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4.
- I worked in the Neuro ICU department(s) in the hospital. The staff becomes friendly to the travelers after being there about 3 months. Much of the staff tends to be very negative and belligerent to their patients. 03/10/2016 Housing was approximately 17 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Skylark Pointe. Housing was located in city of Parkville. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. It seemed a bit old, but they had 2 small pools and two dog parks on the grounds. The population of people who,lived there were quiet and polite.
- I worked in the ER department(s) in the hospital. Very disorganized. Hoping that will change with EPIC. The other staff are nice, but do NOT go out of their way to help you. As a traveler, I had no say-so in my schedule other than what was in my contract. I was FLOORED by the 10- 18 hour wait in the ER and no one is ever in a hurry. Not the type of care I'm used too. Also, I totaly agree with another reviewers statement about the people of Baltimore. They seem very unhappy and are not friendly. 11/04/2015 Housing was approximately 22 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Bar Harbor RV parl. Housing was located in city of Abingdon. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 2. We travel in an RV- This park is the closest to the hospital. No amenities, even though they say they do on the internet. Very rude owners.
- I worked in the ER department(s) in the hospital. Everyone is very nice but the system is cumbersome. 07/09/2014 Housing was approximately 15 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Centerpoint. Housing was located in city of Baltimore. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. Get parking costs in your contract!
- Housing was approximately 25 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was only there 3 days. Housing was located in city of bel air. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. 11/11/2012 large apt. for the price, we left early so clinical one charged us 1600 usd for the apartment and put another traveler in there the same day, who was sitting in the parking lot waiting for us to move out.
- I worked in the OR department(s) in the hospital. If you work days parking iss expensive. If you work evenings you can park in the garage as they open the gates at 9:30pm and don't back until 6:30am. Some of the people (very few) nare great to work with. There are a lot of backstabbers. One in particular Susan Matthew,decided to she didn't like me (cause I couldn't understand what she was saying to me) so she proceeded to try to get me in trouble, blaming things on me (that had nothing to do with me) tried to talk bad about me behind my back and if they didn't get on her bandwagon, she started her wrath on them too! They had a completion bonus, and I quickly found out why. They can't keep travellers and even there staff are leaving in droves. 07/18/2008 Housing was approximately 20 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was cant remember. Housing was located in city of Pikesville. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. I liked the housing, management was great. Just be cafeful. If you drive down one way on Reiserstown road, it is very nice, lots of amenities, country roads too. If you drove down the other way...very scarry, crubling buildings, shady looking people etc. Don't go downtown by yourself at night!! I also found Baltimore to be full of very rude and unhappy people!!
Click here for advertising info