Travel Nursing Agency
Ranking Results Each ranking is averaged and updated
on a continual basis. The highest score for an agency is 100.
Go back to
travel nursing agency rankings.
Click here to view a list of
over 300 agencies and their contact information.
Travel Nursing Company Review of: Cirrus
(within 1 year)
|5. Pay rate||3.3||2.8|
|6. Paycheck accuracy||4||4.0|
|10. Assignment selection available||3.2||3.6|
|12. Insurance plan||3.7||4.0|
|18. Paycheck arrival time||4.3||4.4|
|19. Chances you will recommend this agency||3.6||3.8|
|20. Chances you will work with them again||3.6||3.8|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||73.1(31)||77.8(5)|
Return to top of page
- I've been with Cirrus for over a year now and I couldn't be happier. The insurance is amazing! Just to give you an idea of the difference: I worked at a large corporate hospital before traveling and I paid well over $100 for a medication every month. With Cirrus, I now pay less than $20 at the same pharmacy. I've had serious issues with the hospital I was previously contracted with and Cirrus was extremely supportive and advocated for me consistently. I received calls from Cirrus upper management several times to check on me and make sure I know they are and always will be on my side. All the while the hospital treated me horribly. I am forever grateful for the way I've been treated at Cirrus. It has made the initially scary experience of traveling fun and exciting. Ramsey is a professional and caring recruiter. He frequently goes above and beyond for me. If you want a company that will always be on your side and make you feel listened to and appreciated, Cirrus is right for you. 05/08/2017
- Cirrus was the first agency I traveled with. My recruiter, Lisa, was phenomenal. Everything about the experience was about me and making sure I had what I needed. My pay was always accurate and on time. If Cirrus was more competitive with pay packages, I would still be with them but financial needs became important to me at the time. I definitely plan to return to Cirrus. 03/03/2017
- My first travel company I found recommended from a ranking of companies that rated Cirrus in top 10. I didn't have much to compare. In the beginning, I did not get red flags. It wasn't until I talked to other travelers about taxable pay vs stipend ratio and found more information on paying taxes.It was the same information on the web and in person. The recruiter kept pushing me to take assignments with a very low taxable amount (example, $11.00/hr) for an RN and take the whole legal amount stipend, tax free. She seemed offended when I questioned it. She's not getting an audit, I will. On booking my 2nd assignment, the same tactic was used. A nursing assistant makes more money on the hour than what they wanted to offer in taxable.It's my right to adjust that amount. Got push back for that statement. Big red flag for uncle Sam. My other issue was that my recruiter dropped the ball with helping me find another job. Luckily, I contacted other companies and did my own searching. I found what I wanted with another agency. Several weeks after I had the other job, I emailed the recruiter and told them I would not need their help any further. The recruiter tried to make excuses and act like they had just got the postings for the job which was BS because it was posted on their web page for several weeks for me and anyone else to see. BEWARE!!!! 02/23/2017
- I just completed my first assignment with this company. Getting started with paperwork was a bit of a nightmare due to the person in charge of it (different from recruiter). My recruiter has been decent so far. Assignment was as stated in contract.
pros: Free health insurance; reimbursed for employment testing;
cons: offers always have "taxable" hourly pay extremely low with per diem high. Big IRS flag; no jobs available for wish list of places;
pay does not change when you do not take their healthcare benefits
beware of documenting hours; if you are off by 5 minutes they will deduct from housing stipend
- Working with Cirrus has been nothing but wonderful. My recruiter Ramsey is fantastic. He is easy to reach, flexible, incredibly accommodating and always makes me feel advocated for. I would highly recommend Cirrus to anyone. 09/15/2016
- A really honest good company to work for. They may not pay the highest, but they care about you and they will work to find you the assignment you want and to get you as much pay as they can. I love Anna as my recruiter, very caring and honest person. Their health insurance is ok. I did not take their housing, but they gave me a good stipend. Very professional. Never a problem with pay checks. I would highly recommend Cirrus Medical Staffing. 02/22/2016
- I just finished my first assignment with Cirrus and look forward to signing on for another one. Really enjoyed working with Erin, very professional and supportive. I thought the pay was great and never had a problem with my direct deposits or receiving my W2. I applied with them and then for an assignment and only had two weeks to get everything together and they worked very hard to get me started on time. They truly appreciate you. 02/17/2016
- Had great experience with them. Recruiter always available, even after hours. Cares about her nurses and company is very professional. When an issue arose, it was taken care of quickly & professionally. Working with HCA hospitals made it more difficult at times, but great experience with this company. When I travel again, I'll definately use them again! 10/16/2015
- I have been with Cirrus going on 3 yes now, have nothing but great things. There are some issues every now and then, but they are handled quickly and without any issues. My contract is not 7 pages long, its 3. Housing was only an issue due to pets, fixed that by purchasing RV. love my recruite, she us fair, open and honest.
- No help with housing on first assignment. No insurance or other benefits. Was asked to extend only to find out wording was changed in extension contract to allow call offs with no pay which happened to me 3 times in 8 weeks. Recruiter was very friendly, but the assignment and pay were not as described. A great learning experience- What I learned most- read the contract several times before you sign do not take anyone's word unless they back it up in writing. 11/04/2014
- I worked fot them two different times. The first recruiter The first one was nice but you could tell from tlaking with her that she didn't know much about the travel nurse industry.
The second time the recruiters name was Brent. Promised the moon but didn't get anything. Poor follow up/follow through. I owul send him emails and not hear back from him. He sounded wishy washy wehn you did talk to him on the phone. He quit calling me for a period of time. HUsband was very upset with him. HUsband wanted to call him but I said NO. Maybe I should of let him call. Would NEVER go back tothem or ever recommend them to anyone. Dishonest and deceitful. 10/27/2014
- This is my second assignment with them. My recruiter, Brett, is excellent and on top of things. The pay is there when they say it is. Always able to contact recruiter, even after hours if necessary. Would recommend Cirrus. They are trustworthy and competent. Traveling is hard work and having a travel company that is dependable is very important. Thanks Cirrus! 05/10/2014
- I have been a traveler for almost 11 years. I've traveled with Cirrus for more than 2 years, and they are excellent in their care of the traveler. The few problems I have experienced were attended to promptly, although sometimes you need to talk to different departments. Payroll, taxes, etc is online, so you have instant access. Excellent insurance, a must for me. My recruiter is always 'on my side', not necessarily always found at every company. They have a fairly wide selection of jobs. After several ventures with small company's that were unsatisfactory for a variety of reasons, I have made a 'happy home' with Cirrus and would recommend them without reservation. 04/26/2014
- I switched to Cirrus from another travel company due to extreme issues I had with my recruiter. I have been with Cirrus now for 16 months and my recruiter, Brett Lazansky has been there for me from day 1. Any issues I have had with anything, he has handled for me either the same day or the next day, or, he has had the right person get in contact with me to take care of my problem. He calls me at least twice a week to make sure everything is going okay and he immediately starts looking for a new placement for me at least a month before my current contract is to end. He goes beyond the extra mile for me and I believe anyone that is under him. Yes, for this reason, I won't work anywhere else but Cirrus. 11/29/2013
- They reversed my payroll deduction when the hospital cancelled my contract. They have it on the computer contract that can recoup expenses anyway they can. Read it carefully. I could not accept a second chance with them. I did not read it throughly the first time. Stay far away. 05/14/2013
- He rised. , 04/09/2009
- i have had very limited problems with cirrus, i love my recruiter-she shoots from the hip! have talked to the president several times when my recuiter was unavail and he was always able to help... 11/06/2008
- Contracts 7 pages long! Terms very company protected and not traveler friendly. Recruiter/agency unwilling to negotiate or be flexible with terms of contract. 07/05/2008
- If your use to feeling like 'just another number', then choose this company. 06/12/2008
- Staff very pleasant. Sometimes feel recruiter was looking out for herself instead of my needs, seems ona couple of occasions the story and the game plan kept changing to fit her needs, seems to focus on more where she would want to go rather than where you want. On the money with payroll. They do back you up if you have an issue with an assignment. They definitely need to get more locations. 05/19/2008
- just like to say i have not traveled with this company. response seems to be a issue from comments. the company is ranked well but... 1.)i got 1 email when i started traveling from a recruiter who never returned my calls 2.) when i switched companies about 6 months ago i called and left several messages with no response. 3.) am switching companies again and have left several messages again with no response, this time with the recruiter supvr. took 3 calls to get receptionist to answer phone. hate to see response if i ever used them and had an issue 05/11/2008
- I have completed my first assignment with Cirrus and Im about to start another, I Love Cirrus! My recruiter is Annette Bolster (Tell her Janique referred you), she is very honest and upfront. She is prompt with returning phone (she usually answers her phone though). My pay checks have always been accurate and ontime. I will continue travelling with them as long as they have jobs for me!!! 03/16/2008
- I felt like the recruiter knew nothing about me. Including what my specialty was. 01/31/2008
- Ensure your recruiter is easily available to get into contact with and give you good support and follow-up. My recruiter dropped off the face of the earth when she couldn't find me a travel assignment. 09/11/2006
- Started out with a bang. Now I can't even get my recruiter to call me back unless she needs to contact me and then sidesteps any questions I might have, including my extension at the facility I am at. I don't use the housing or insurance, for I have my own, but inattentiveness of my recruiter is unforgivable. When they call me, I follow through and call right back. I only expect the same courtesy. 09/03/2006
- Jeff DeHart is an excellent
recruiter. He is always very
prompt, friendly & very efficient! He always puts the nurses' needs first! The pay rates are above average compared to other agencies & they don't play games - they offer you the max allowable!
- Experienced problems with housing and accomadations. Slow response to concerns by recruiter, had to address with president of company to get satisfaction which was immediately addressed. Find it hard to get paperwork sent to finalize contract. Will travel with them again, but will be cautious of anything not in writing, I really think it depends on recruiter that is assigned to you. Very friendly company just slow on the follow thru. The president of the company is great and handles situations promptly and professionally. Need larger selection of assignments.
- All of rating is based on Recruiter Rob Cookson, this company does back you up with the hospital, pay average with industry
very happy with company
- some "in fighting" among recruiters, can lead to problems. Delivered what they promised, pay and benefits delivered as promised. Need more areas to offer assignments. Small and very accessible company, you can reach anyone easily, very good at returning calls. Hospitals themselves gave good feedback about agency dealings. Willing to work with you when there are problems. Real 24 hour a day coverage. This is my fourth agency, so I have had some to compare and will be sticking with them, as long as they can find assignments where I want them.
- Beautiful housing, very friendly, everything promised was delivered
Click here for advertising info