Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: mayo clinic hospital
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||3.5||2.0|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||2.7||2.0|
|3. Hospital Technology||3.7||3.0|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||3.8||3.0|
|5. Cafeteria food||3.8||4.0|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||4.2||4.0|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||4.2||4.0|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||3.3||3.5|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||3||1.0|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||4.8||4.5|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||3.8||2.0|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||3.3||2.0|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||2.7||1.0|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||3.4||3.0|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||3.7||3.0|
|17. How well staffed are they||3.7||3.0|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||3.3||3.0|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||3.5||2.0|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||2.9||2.0|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||71.3(10)||56.0(2)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the ER department(s) in the hospital. Very well staffed. Very busy Er. 3:1 ratio. High Acuity. Computer charting. Docs were good at communicating needs. Mostly patients over 60 with multiple cormorbities for ex. Cancer, transplants, chemo, STEMI, and lots of strokes. Not a Peds or ob/gyn floor in hospital, rarely see a Peds or OB patient because of that. Lab drew all blood work. Meds are scanned in rooms. Patients are expected to be treated like 5 star hotel service. Be aware if your a nurse who "tells it like it is" that will not fly here. Lots of turkey sandwiches and catering can be expected. Travelers do not get to self schedule so you get what you get. Supposed to be every other weekend but that certainly wasn't always the case. 10/10/2017 Housing was approximately 10 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Broad stone Lincoln. Housing was located in city of Scottsdale. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5.
- I worked in the 5W department(s) in the hospital. I took an assignment at Mayo because it has a great reputation in the healthcare community. Ha, learned my lesson! 5W nursing staff had the worst morale I have seen in my career. At the start of every shift, staff was told about new things they could be written up for. Nurses were out to get one another, sitting around all night filing incident reports over little things, and I saw some of these nurses make careless mistakes. A nurse was terminated while I was there, over something petty. There was a new manager on the floor, and he treated staff as very disposable. As a traveler, I was given some of the most difficult and demanding patients, and was always given the first admission, but never said anything about it, and handled it well. Despite consistently good feedback from patients, I was accused of something that was nonsense by another nurse, which the manager used to color my entire 13 weeks.
For what it's worth, I think the other units at Mayo were great to work on, I enjoyed floating which was thankfully often, and always had a good assignment and shift on other units... but I would avoid 5W. 08/29/2017 Housing was approximately 4 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Aria. Housing was located in city of Phoenix. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. excellent housing at Aria!
- I worked in the stepdown transplant department(s) in the hospital. Floated a lot. 03/15/2017 The name of the housing complex was my own. Housing was located in city of my own. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. Supplied my own.
- I worked in the ICU department(s) in the hospital. I was supposed to be ICU, but was floated ALL the time. They waste (literally waste) 10s of millions of dollars on their staffing. Constantly sitting around with nothing to do. You can't take anyone remotely sick as a traveler in ICU. Intermediate was ok, much like a lower acuity ICU. Floating to floor was awful, but max pt load was 1:3. Some of the team leads (charge nurses) were not very nice. This hospital is super cocky about their reputation. I was less than impressed. I got thrown under the bus a few times for ridiculous stuff. ICU RNs stay away. VERY long 13 weeks. 01/04/2016 Housing was approximately 30 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Pinnacle Terrace. Housing was located in city of Chandler. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 1. Horrible place to live. Not dog friendly like they claimed. Finding a place to live that allowed German shepherds was a chore so I had to live here. Long commute. Apartment was nice, but management was petty and dishonest. Super LOUD apartment. So disappointed.
- I worked in the ICU department(s) in the hospital. I was told in my interview that I would be first to float however wouldn't float often. I've only worked in the ICU a hand full of times, and when I have it has been for a 1:1 med/surg sitter assignment. Was told in interview that I would be self scheduling and could pick one of the holidays to work. Not the case at all. I work every other weekend and have a set schedule. Forced to work Xmas eve, xmas, and Nye. No other regular staff member is scheduled this way. 12/18/2015 Housing was approximately 6 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was enclave. Housing was located in city of Phoenix. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 1. unfair & deceptive
- I worked in the ED department(s) in the hospital. Of my 17 years of nursing combined with a lot of traveling this is the best place I have ever worked. Er ratio was 3 to 1. Every pod during dayshift had a tech. 3 pods of 8 rooms with occasional hallway stretcher used. The hospital is located in he Desert on north side of town and it's clients are mostly all very affluent and mostly very friendly and appreciative. the staff seemed very happy. Because of the location we hardly had to deal with homeless, drunks, and psych..it was such a breath of fresh air. 06/25/2015 Housing was approximately 25 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Broadstone on Camelback. Housing was located in city of Phoenix. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. I was placed at Broadstone on Camelback. Was the most amazing place Iv ever lived. Google it.
- I worked in the OR department(s) in the hospital. I worked in the OR with world famous surgeons. I have been to Mayo twice as a traveler and love it. My favorite place to work. People are great, cafeteria is amazing, city is fun and beautiful. 04/19/2015 Housing was approximately 6 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Palisades. Housing was located in city of Phoenix. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. Perfect location, close to everything.
- I worked in the 2W ICU department(s) in the hospital. I was so excited to get the chance to work at the Mayo Clinic and learn from the best of the best. What a joke and blatent lie it turned out to be when I signed on. I am finishing my 13 week contract this week and have worked 7 nights in the ICU. 4 nights I have been a 1:1 sitter with combative/ confused patients. I even tried picking up day shift because they were "screaming" for nurses and they sat me with a conbative patient. You get no help when you are a sitter and are doing the work of a PCA and nurse. When i signed on here they assured me how short they were for ICU nurses, they lied and they did it to staff their floors. The unit has been up to 85% full and I am still getting pulled. You get no say in your schedule so expect to work every Sunday and for any major event going on in Phoenix. You are suppose to work every other weekend but they will still schedule you every Thursday. Oh and dont voice your concerns, it all falls on deaf ears. This has been the LEAST traveler-friendly hospital I have ever step foot in. As far as experience goes, you get none, they do nothing special here. It is a basic run of the mill CVICU. Come here at your own risk! You have been warned! Don't let the name on the front door get you! 11/18/2014 Housing was approximately 6 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Camden . Housing was located in city of North Scottsdale. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. God place to live, lots of stuff nearby.
- I worked in the ICU (2 West) department(s) in the hospital. I was hired as an ICU nurse. What a joke. I am almost done with my contract and have been there 6 times. Basically I am a med surge nurse and I hate it!! They hire ICU nurses to fill the needs of the hospital not the ICU. During the interview, I was told we never float, get to do our own scheduling, and every other weekend. I have floated every day but 6 days (and those days in the ICU they would give me tele/MS patients to transfer out), we have no say in our schedule, and you do work every other weekend but on your weekend off they schedule you on friday. So never make plans on friday!! Very disappointed in this place. I thought there would be complex cases, very interesting things and there is none of that! Typical cardiac ICU. 10/23/2014 Housing was approximately 2 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Bellagio. Housing was located in city of Scottsdale. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. Housing was great. Mostly indians live here so it always smells like curry (lol). Otherwise excellent place, great pool, grill and hot tub area. So close to hospital. Lots of things to do nearby!
- I worked in the pacu department(s) in the hospital. love the work ethic-everything is streamlined and everyone works as a team.minimal paperwork-which is supposed to change to paperless charting. 03/26/2008 Housing was approximately 15 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was camden legacy. Housing was located in city of scottsdale. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. much the same as any apt complex,there was some bad press about at an apt ratings web site-but i had no problems
Click here for advertising info