Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Desert Regional Medical Center
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||3.4||2.5|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||2.2||2.5|
|3. Hospital Technology||2.3||1.5|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||4.3||2.5|
|5. Cafeteria food||3||2.0|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||3||2.5|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||3.4||3.5|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||2.8||4.0|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||2.9||2.0|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||3||1.5|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||2.7||2.5|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||3.8||3.0|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||3.3||2.0|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||1.9||1.0|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||4.1||5.0|
|17. How well staffed are they||3||4.0|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||2.7||2.5|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||2.3||2.0|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||2.1||1.5|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||60(9)||51.5(2)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the Adult ICU department(s) in the hospital. The hospital is very outdated both in looks and technology. My biggest complaint is the inefficiency and maybe even laziness of pharmacy/lab/housekeeping/central supply. Besides trying to get my own work done I had to constantly make phone calls to get meds, equipment, or supplies for my patients or labs drawn. Patient rooms were not cleaned appropriately between patients (one housekeeper would only take 10minutes) or while a patient was occupying a room. I just did not feel I could take care of my patients in the most efficient manner with other departments dropping the ball. Also there cerner charting system is aweful and redundant. This is a tenet facility and they are obsessed with saving money (not the hospitals fault necessarily, but it effects how the hospital is run and the goals of administration and those who want to take good care of patients do not align). Parking is close but working nights I did not feel safe going to my car at night. Working nights, my interaction with physicians was proly average. Some docs were kind and receptive. Others were not. The main positive is the kindness and helpfulness of staff. In the ICU, I did work with many great nurses. 11/29/2016 Housing was approximately 5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was found my own. Housing was located in city of Cathedral City. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. Rented a room in a condo from another nurse. I loved it. I wish I could have stayed just to live here.
- I worked in the ICU department(s) in the hospital. Worse patient care I have ever seen. 07/10/2016 Housing was approximately 1 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Extended Stay of Ametica. Housing was located in city of Palm Springs. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 2. Washing machines stayed broke and spilled water all over floor, instead of repairing them they put towels down to soak up water. So it mildew ed and smelled like hell. Dog feces in hall floor. Carpet smelled like it needed to be cleaned, like 2 years ago. Nasty place!
- I worked in the med/tele department(s) in the hospital. A level II trauma hospital located in the Desert, however the area is nice to be in during the winter season and terrible during the summer (gets up to 120F). Travelers are the first to float and the first to be called off. I was hired for a tele floor but was floated throughout the hospital (Sometimes even to the ER as helping hands). Each floor has its own culture. Travelers tend to get the heavier group (first admit, discharge or crazies), but that depends on the floor. However, staffs are willing to help and are nice.
Hospitalists were mostly nice (depending on the night), surgeons or private doctors aren't receptive if paged/called in the middle of the night. RRT weren't as responsive as I'd like them to be. The positives: nice area to live in for 3 months, 2hr from LA, 2.5hr for SD, and 3 to Vegas or Santa Barbara.
Traveled in 2015 03/09/2016 Housing was approximately 5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was found my own. Housing was located in city of Palm Springs. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4.
- I worked in the 3 east Tele department(s) in the hospital. They are very short staffed. They treat the doctors like god and the doctors treat you like crap. There is NO communication between anyone! Especially between doctors. Must have a nurse to go with patients on tests but no one to go with them so they miss their tests! 03/01/2016 Housing was approximately 6 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Espirit. Housing was located in city of Palm Springs. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5.
- I worked in the MS/Telemetry department(s) in the hospital. Staff wanted a full report, unwilling to give the same details to you. Some physicians were aggressive, difficult to work with. 03/27/2015 Housing was approximately 35 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was my own. Housing was located in city of Hemet. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. I had my own housing.
- I worked in the Dialysis department(s) in the hospital. I found my own housing less then a mile from the hospital, it was an amazing location. 04/07/2013 Housing was approximately 0.5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Casa Verde. Housing was located in city of Palm Springs. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. I cannot recommend this location enough. The hospital itself, just okay. The staff there were very friendly and helpful. The location I loved because it is only 2 hours from LA or San Diego, right by Joshua Tree National Park. I went to the ski resort on Big Bear Lake Mountain. Went to La Jolla Beach, went to Las Vegas. Did the tram on the mountain. This hospital was at least friendly, not the newest or most advanced place, but for the location alone, I would go back. By the way, I was there in the winter when the weather was not unbearable.
- I worked in the ER department(s) in the hospital. Great people and nurses to work with but terrible processes. Patients sitting in the ED for hours even when there are beds available, incompetent house doctors, less than competent ED doctors (not all but some) leading to a dangerous working environment. Constantly having and relying on hall beds with no sharps containers/garbage cans, equipment at bedside. Lab/pharmacy very inefficient, constantly making phone calls to check that others are doing their jobs. Poor communication across inter-disciplinary lines. No standards of care. Close-minded nurses/docs/staff (even the ones I like) not open to growth/improvement. This is my third travel assignment and the first one I felt negatively about. 04/03/2012 Housing was approximately n/a mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was n/a. Housing was located in city of n/a. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. Found own housing, Villa Alejo apartments, 2 blocks from hospital, expensive but very nice.
- I worked in the NICU department(s) in the hospital. Not a big hospital at all, very old fashioned. They treat their doctors like God. They will not be open to letting you use your skills. I am afraid I am losing my skills at this job. The area is beautiful though, if you want to come for the area its worth it. Very pretty! 03/07/2008 Housing was approximately 3.7 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Desert Flower. Housing was located in city of Palm Springs. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. Its a nice place to live. This is my first assignment so I dont know any different. I have a washer/dryer, pool and hot tub. Have had no problems.
Click here for advertising info