Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Wesley Medical Center
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||3.2||4.0|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||2.7||3.0|
|3. Hospital Technology||3||3.0|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||2.8||5.0|
|5. Cafeteria food||2.2||3.0|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||2.2||2.0|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||3||3.0|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||2||3.0|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||2.2||3.0|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||2.7||3.0|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||2.7||1.0|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||3.2||3.0|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||2.7||4.0|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||2.5||3.0|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||2.2||3.0|
|17. How well staffed are they||2||2.0|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||2.5||4.0|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||2||3.0|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||2.5||5.0|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||51.3(6)||62.0(1)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the Cardiology department(s) in the hospital. I worked nights. The floor staff was very welcoming and made me feel like family. The doctors didn't seem to care about their patients, on several occasions they hung up on me. I received so much less attitude from the aids compared to my hometown hospital. You ask them to do something, and the do with a smile. The town has lots of hiking and shopping. They have lots of bars as well, if you are into that sort of thing. 04/28/2016 Housing was approximately 0.6 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was private. Housing was located in city of Fayetteville. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. I stayed in apartments right down from the hospital. They were close and cheap. They had a pool and gym. However, with them being cheap, there was issues with huge carpet stains, loud neighbors, and poor pest control.
- I worked in the CATH LAB department(s) in the hospital. GREAT STAFF, MANAGER NICE AND VERY HELPFUL AND KNOWLEDGABLE. NO END TIME ON SCHEDULE ANY DAY OF THE WEEK, CALL 9-10 DAYS A MONTH PLUS ANOTHER 5-10 OF BACKUP CALL. ONE DOCTOR KEEPS STAFF ROUTINELY PAST 1900 FOR CASES 05/07/2015 Housing was approximately 10 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was ASHLEY CLUB. Housing was located in city of PENSACOLA. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 2. A/C CONT OUT. LET PEOPLE IN MY APT WITHOUT PERMISSION
- I worked in the Critical Care Float department(s) in the hospital. Stay to the north, as that's where all the good shopping and restaurants are. South and midtown are not terribly nice. Wesley was OK. I was mostly in CCU and the staff there is great. Very friendly and helpful. I was once in a situation which was unsafe nursing care, IMO. When I brought this to the charge nurse's attention, she refered me to the House Sup. The House Sup told me "You're a professional. It's your job to make sure it is safe." 4 Neuro trauma patients is not safe in a "step-down" setting. Especially when there are no other nurses on your end of the unit. Unfortunately, I was told by the supervisor that this is the standard of care for this unit. If you go there, for the most part it will be fine, just watch for certain people to overload you and think this is normal. Many of the staff have expressed stron feelings of wanting to leave, but there really is no other place to go in Wichita. 01/07/2014 Housing was approximately 12 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Value Place. Housing was located in city of Wichita. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. Minimalistic, a roomm with a bed, TV, kitchen, and bathroom. Water pressure was terrible. Staff was great. Very inexpensive. Easily accessable by freeway.
- Housing was approximately 12 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Value Place. Housing was located in city of Wichita. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. 07/15/2013 Value Place is a great place for travel nurses whenever you can find one nearby your assignment. I worked in the emergency department(s) in the hospital. I had to quit this assignment after the third day. The first thing I noticed was the absence of any diversity in the color of the staff. The next thing I noticed was how one female acted like she was afraid I was going to steal something when I asked for directions to the employee break room. I was given a pt. assignment and expected to utilize nursing computer documentation system after 15 minutes of training on-the-fly by one of the charge nurses! It took me 30 min. to d/c a ESI level 4 pt. using the system. On my third day I was scheduled for official computer training. I arrived late b/c I got lost in city traffic. The instructor copped an attitude and kicked me out of the class about 15 min. after I sat down (evidently she was offended by the confused look on my face). When I decided to quit the assignment a few hours after this indignity, I didn't care if I didn't receive a dime for the hours I had worked. I am still amazed that places like this even contract travelers when they are going to treat them like crap after they arrive.
- I worked in the med/surg tele department(s) in the hospital. My over all experience with Wesley was a terrible experience. One I wish not to repeat. I lasted 3 weeks. It was a difficult decision to make, however, I found the hospital unsafe for patient and nurses. I was told the statement "my license is in jeporady" was an excuse and would not be accepted. I was appalled with the working conditions,and the care patients received. I can not be all things to all people! I could not give the care that was desparatly needed to my patients due to the overly task oriented, computerized system.The caregiver or CNAs could not or would not give care to these patient due to the many tasks they had to preformed to meet JACHO standards. I would not recommend this hospital to anyone, traveler or permenant employee. However, I'm begining to think this of all hospitals that have to meet JACHO standards. I am required to make sure standards are met and the hospital
policies are executed properly, I'm unable to give the care not only needed to the patients, but deserve from our nursing profession. Grant you, one does need direction and attention to the proper way of bringing about safe and healing ways to the people, however, I find that Corp hospitals and JACHO don't have a clue! Are we all like sheep? 06/08/2008 Housing was approximately n/a mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was n/a. Housing was located in city of n/a. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. I live approximately 56 miles SE of Wichita and choose a stipend instead of housing. (All hospitals in Wichita have a 50 mile radius for travelers)My agency (Travel Nurse across America) was great about still giving me a small sum for travel, but I will never pursue a nursing position in the Wichita area again.
- I worked in the CCU department(s) in the hospital. In the unit I worked at staff has been helpfull and appreciative at times for working with them. Director of the unit is wonderfull. Takes time to get use to computerized charting but not complicated. 02/10/2008 Housing was approximately NA mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was did not take housing. Housing was located in city of did not take housing. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. I did not take housing, so I don't know that part.
Click here for advertising info