Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: summerlin hospital
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||3.6||3.5|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||3.2||3.5|
|3. Hospital Technology||2.9||3.0|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||4.6||5.0|
|5. Cafeteria food||3.2||2.0|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||3.1||3.5|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||3.1||3.5|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||2.7||3.0|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||3.1||3.5|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||3||2.5|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||2.2||2.0|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||3.2||2.5|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||3.2||3.0|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||2.3||2.5|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||2.9||2.5|
|17. How well staffed are they||2.1||2.0|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||2.4||2.5|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||2||2.5|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||2.2||2.5|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||58.9(9)||60.0(2)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the labor delivery department(s) in the hospital. worst LD assignment ever 10/25/2016 Housing was approximately 5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was any. Housing was located in city of las vegas. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 1. none
- I worked in the Emergency department(s) in the hospital. I worked nights and really appreciated their 4 to 1 ratio. Their emergency room is pretty nice and the staff are super helpful and friendly, I made some really good friends there. The doctors are friendly at least some but don't communicate with their patients as much especially admitting hospitalists and sometimes are hard to get to when an admitting patient isn't doing so well. With that being said you do need to be autonomous and able to make critical care decisions but staff will always help you.Like most other emergency rooms sometimes you will find yourself being a nurse and tech due to being short staffed. They try really hard to accommodate ER nurses when boarding ICU and medsurg patients by bringing in float nurses which was awesome. This hospital is in a really nice area and you definitely avoid a lot of drama and nonsense being decently far away from the strip. Scheduling was amazing they let me pick my own schedule and I never had an issues. I would definitely recommend this ER at least nights. 04/16/2016 Housing was approximately 10 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was St. Clair . Housing was located in city of Summerlin. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. Housing was not bad had to rent furniture but very convenient near a lot of stores and has a pool hot tub bbq area and gym.
- I worked in the L&D department(s) in the hospital. The outside of hospital looks nice and new. L&D unit has no windows. A couple labor rooms have windows. Unit needs to be updated. Its very busy, pt ratio is not awhonn standards, they have a lot of travelers. The doctors are rude to the nurses and patient. Parking is free. They use Cerner charting. The hospital is in a nice part of town. I felt they were not up to date with current standards. I asked for one more day of orientation and they said no. I have had better assignments. I would not recommend this hospital to a traveler 03/04/2016 Housing was approximately 6 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Boulders. Housing was located in city of Las Vegas. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. Boulders apartment are in a nice part of town and close to the highway so it made it easy to get to work.
- I worked in the Labor & Delivery department(s) in the hospital. First, hospital from the outside is beautiful, one you leave the first floor and go to the unit it looks like an old psych ward. Some labor rooms didn't even have windows so its depressing. The area of summerlin is nice. Majority of doctors are not friendly. They expect you to jump when they say jump. No questioning orders there. Which I did, a lot! Because many of their orders didn't make sense. Like starting pitocin on a cat 2 tracing with recurrent lates. The charge sucks ( only one was good), the other two were lazy, would "cover" you for lunch and didnt do anything with your patient ( she was having recurrent lates) but she was reading a magazine and having social conversations. High C-Section rates. Very stressful place to work in. Nurses were great and helpful. 11/04/2015 Housing was approximately 15 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was candlewood. Housing was located in city of Strip. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 1. Candlewood suites is a nice hotel. Laundry is free although some machines never worked. Ok pool. Very friendly staff. Its right next to the strip, not sure if thats a good thing or not.
- I worked in the mother baby department(s) in the hospital. They are so traveler friendly that even payroll is seamless. No need to send pics of your time sheet. They send it directly to your company. Began at extended stay in South Las Vegas--not recommended. Found a great condo in Spring Valley--Lakeview Condos. Love it! Mountain views every morning on your way to work with the sunrise making each morning a different scene. National and State parks in the mountains are exquisitely beautiful. We don't gamble and aren't into glitz, and still we find a lot to do surrounding Las Vegas. 10/01/2015 Housing was approximately 10 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Lakeview Condos. Housing was located in city of Spring Valley. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. Safe, quiet neighborhood. Comfortable 2/2 condo with comfortable furnishings. Pool and spa in 4 different locations in the complex. Pet friendly. Family friendly.Beautiful mountain views.
- Housing was approximately 20 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Candle Wood Suites. Housing was located in city of Las Vegas. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. 05/11/2012 Candle Wood Suites was arranged by my agency. It was a pretty awesome place for travelers. The rooms are all remodeled and have fridge, stove, dishwashers and utensils cups etc. They also have a pool, 24 hour fitness center FREE laundry, a cupboard to get food if you need it, movies to check out, everything you need. I would highly recommend on any travel assignment.
- I worked in the emergency department(s) in the hospital. Poor layout of ER. Staff not friendly toward travelers (or each other for that matter). Managers never present in ER except to nitpick. Will not return! 05/02/2011 Housing was approximately 8 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was on own. Housing was located in city of Las Vegas. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4.
- I worked in the NICU/SCN department(s) in the hospital. Manager never present. Charge nurses not helpful and mostly absent (dayshift) Staff mostly unhappy and voice it! Was almost never in Level 3, travelers do Level 2. Very outdated equipment, paper charting. The only positive thing is travelers float in rotation not first like usual!! 06/03/2008 Housing was approximately .5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Tuscany. Housing was located in city of Las Vegas. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. Nice apartments, friendly staff, close to hospital in nice part of town.
- I worked in the LABOR AND DELIVERY department(s) in the hospital. The unit was small <10 beds. Very busy. Unnecessary inductions at 35-36wks. Doctors very aggressive with management of patients and were very pissed if their patient didnt come first. One doctor lost his cool tore me a new one and tore the charge nurse a new one when I had not AROM his patient. The floor was busy and my other patient was having problems so AROM his other patient was not a priority. Came storming in on the unit and tried to raise hell. There were a few nice MD. High C-section, and induction rate. The main Charge nurse was also a controlling person and micromanaged, not pleasant to work with. Staff was exhausted at times and did not like each other but could work well together. I was so glad to get my assignment over. Did have to float to PP, nurses were not very helpful helping you orient to new unit. 11/24/2007 The name of the housing complex was own. Housing was located in city of summerlin. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 1. own housing
Click here for advertising info