Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Metropolitin Methodist Hosp
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||3.2|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||2.8|
|3. Hospital Technology||2.2|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||2|
|5. Cafeteria food||2|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||3.4|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||2.4|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||2.6|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||3|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||2.2|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||3.8|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||3.4|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||3.6|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||2.4|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||2.2|
|17. How well staffed are they||2.6|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||2.4|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||2.4|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||2|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||54(5)||(0)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the ICU/Telemetry department(s) in the hospital. They were badly understaffed and the staff they had were not sufficiently trained. Went thru a couple of DON's during my assignment, they kept quiting. They promoted staff that should have been fired long ago. The majority of the staff hate travelers and will let patient care pay the price for trying to make it as horrible for the travelers as possible. Even after being extremely nasty the staff will ask for help from the travelers because the staff doesn't know how to do simple nursing task. I was told not to park in the parking garage where staff is suppose to park during holiday season because you will be robbed. The hospital is in a bad section of town. 10/16/2015 Housing was approximately 15 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Costa del sol. Housing was located in city of San Antonio. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. The housing wasn't bad just felt like I was in a hole in the ground.
- I worked in the CVTS department(s) in the hospital. It's HCA, so it's for profit. It's not the worst, but it's not the best. It's the whole HCA culture - stretching staff out, pushing more customer service BS. As a traveler, I'm first to float, which I don't like. People are generally nice, especially on CVTS, love them, but other floors in the hospital were just okay. I've extended simply out of convenience to the holidays coming up, otherwise I'd just do my 3 months and move on, but it isn't so bad that I wouldn't extend. PS, knowing spanish is a big plus. Almost every night I have at least 1 patient who does not speak english. 10/16/2015 Housing was approximately 13 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was private. Housing was located in city of Converse. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. I would not suggest living within the downtown area - lots of crime, drugs, homelessness.
- I worked in the Med renal department(s) in the hospital. The orientation had a lot if unnecessary information and was focused more on customer service and aided than actually policies and procedures. The equipment was never reviewed (besides the glucose yet). Meditech charting system is very out dated and not user friendly at all. It was very difficult even after 2 days training. The med system was also very difficult. They Pyxis did not house all meds, even many commonly given medications and PRNs. Half my shift was waiting for meds to be sent up from pharmacy and would cause them to be late and put you behind. The supply room and nutrition room were hardly ever stocked adequately. The staff was wonderful though. Great team work. For the most part always willing to help you out. Even floating to other floors, the staff on other units were helpful and accepting. San Antonio is fun, lots to do. It's a very busy city. 04/09/2015 Housing was approximately 9 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Mission ranch . Housing was located in city of San Antonio . On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. Nice place. Gym is small. Nice pool and grounds are well kept.
- I worked in the ICU department(s) in the hospital. ICU overstaffed, tons of travelers, floated at least once a week to all areas of the hospital. 1 FULL week systems orientation, much of it n/a for travelers, wasted time. Staff in ICU not overly welcoming or interested in allowing you into their "clique." All other areas of hospital VERY welcoming and helpful, friendly, appreciative. Scheduling not great. Cafeteria food horrible. San Antonio is just another city, if you like cities, you may like it. If you're interested in seeing the beauty of our country and love the outdoors, not a place for you. Husband and I have been counting down the days till we leave. Have an RV, LOVED the park we lived in, like an oasis in the middle of the city. Friendly neighbors, felt like family. 12/08/2014 Housing was approximately 6 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Travelers World RV park. Housing was located in city of San Antonio. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5.
- I worked in the Medical Renal department(s) in the hospital. The hospital is older, and they tend to run out of supplies on the weekend. It is difficult for the pt's to turn on their lights unless they get out of bed. I & O's arent followed very well. Great staff, very helpful, and nice. There was no further testing once we got here, no BDPS, thankfully. 10/24/2007 Housing was approximately 12 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Villa's of Vista del Norte. Housing was located in city of San Antonio. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. Nice apartments, great pool, racquetball court, 1/2 basketball court, hot tub, sand volleyball. It is in the flight pattern for the San Antonio airport, but I love watching the planes, and the noise does not bother me. Can just sit on the deck and watch them coming in, or taking off, depending on the wind direction!
Click here for advertising info