Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Mary Washington Hospital
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||4|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||3.7|
|3. Hospital Technology||3.5|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||4.5|
|5. Cafeteria food||3|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||4.3|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||4.7|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||2.7|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||2.3|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||4|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||4|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||3.5|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||3.8|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||4|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||3.8|
|17. How well staffed are they||3.2|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||3.7|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||4|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||3.8|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||75.3(6)||(0)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the ED department(s) in the hospital. I enjoyed my time as a Traveler. Like most places they have staffing issues; however, you are able to get as much OT as you like. It takes awhile to get acquainted with the staff but once you do the staff is very nice. They use the T-system of charting which is very simple and easy to use. The fact that they have float Resource Nurses and designated Trauma Education nurses is a huge plus. As a Traveler, when a really critical patient comes in... the Resource Nurse and or the Trauma Resource nurse are there to lend a huge helping hand. The nurses really work well together. Moreover, I loved the Diversity of the facility. In my opinion Diversity is very important in healthcare
They also have clear cut protocols in individualized folders when there is a question regarding Code STEMI or CODE NEURO. It is extremely well organized and efficient system,
Fredericksburg is really a clean safe city. I would go for 5am walks in the apartment complex and never had a worry. Washington, DC is just 1 hour away.
As a matter of fact, I was so in awe of the Mary Washington Health Care system that I extended for another 13 weeks at their neighboring Stafford Hospital in Stafford, VA.
Just a fantastic system. 02/04/2016 Housing was approximately 7.4 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Brittany Commons. Housing was located in city of Spotsylvania. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. Housing was excellent. The apartments are large and the apartment staff are great. The fitness center is AWESOME open 24 hours a day with a special key and there is also a wonderful Pilates room. I really enjoyed living there.
- I worked in the Emergency department(s) in the hospital. Poor morale ! The ER charge nurses LOAD the travelers with patient after patient while their own staff play on their cell phones/ gather and chat while the Traveler works their butts off. Their own staff speak very negatively about management.
Orientation was a joke! No computer training! 3 hours with the Educator: that's it! No training with the medication computerization either!
They have Paramedics and EMTs but the Paramedics only cone to your sis when there is a Trauma. They don't clean beds or put patients on bed pans etc!
The staff are really cliquish! They look out for their friends and NEVER give the Traveler a break!
I hated going to work here and so glad it's over
Stay away! 09/23/2015 Housing was approximately N/A mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was My own. Housing was located in city of Fredricksburg. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. Only good thing about Mary Washington was the free parking!
Don't go here!
- I worked in the PCU Cardiac surgery stepdown department(s) in the hospital. One of my favorite hospitals of all time. Nuturing caring environment. Nurses were great to work with. They love travelers and let you know constantly how glad they are that you are working with them to ease the crunch. They don't expect you to know everything and will assist you when you need help. Extremely professional group to work with, if I didn't have a home in Florida this is one hospital that I would consider stopping the travel gig and stay. I loved it right down to the cows with pharmacy drawers underneath so your patients meds are at your finger tips. Rapid response nurse to call on if needed, great charge nurses that assist as needed - and the docs are responsive and nice. 12/14/2014 Housing was approximately 10 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Affordable inns and suites. Housing was located in city of Stafford village. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. The housing included full kitchenette, cable with HBO, sleeper couch for visitors, separate bedroom and bath. Iron, microwave and dishes provided, with housekeeping done for you weekly. My travel agency included laundry - so I just had to ask management to bring out the magic key and turn the machines on. For such a busy complex, it was surprisingly quiet and I always got a good nights sleep. Within walking distance to Walmart super center.
- I worked in the stepdown/tele overflow department(s) in the hospital. 08/02/2008 Housing was approximately 1 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was the belmont at cowan place. Housing was located in city of fredericksburg. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3.
- I worked in the m/s tele department(s) in the hospital. The whole nursing culture is different here. Very friendly and for the most part positive atmosphere. The unit I was on was experimenting with making the process more efficient, and it was working pretty well. 08/17/2007 Housing was approximately 5.5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was The Mark at Salem Station. Housing was located in city of Fredericksburg. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. Nice light and airy apartment with balcony in a quiet area. Pool in complex. In-unit washer and dryer. Probably the best apartment I've had since I started traveling
- I worked in the medical telemetry department(s) in the hospital. Every other traveler I have encountered here has spoken in glowing terms about this hospital. They are a little behind in a few things (no computer charting yet) but the whole nursing culture is different from any other place I have ever been. The unit I worked on was developing a system that was both nurse- and patient-friendly. I can't say enough good things about it. Fredericksburg is a great town, close to DC and Richmond, but with a small-town feel. 07/30/2007 Housing was approximately 4.5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was The Mark at Salem Station. Housing was located in city of Fredericksburg. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5.
Click here for advertising info