Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: St. Josephs Hosp
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||4.2||5.0|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||3.4||3.5|
|3. Hospital Technology||2.8||3.0|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||2.6||3.0|
|5. Cafeteria food||2.8||3.0|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||3.6||4.0|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||2.8||2.5|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||3.6||4.0|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||3.4||4.0|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||3.8||4.0|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||3.6||3.5|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||4||4.5|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||3.8||4.5|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||3||3.5|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||3.6||4.0|
|17. How well staffed are they||3.4||4.0|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||3.6||4.0|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||3.4||3.5|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||3.8||4.0|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||69.2(5)||75.5(2)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the oncology department(s) in the hospital. Very nice people, very old hospital, not a lot of protocols being followed most days, good pay, did not honor their contract in the sense that I was supposed to split time in the ED, make sure you have anything you want from them in writing 11/25/2017 Housing was approximately 1.5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was private. Housing was located in city of Marshfield. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. I found my own housing off campus
- I worked in the Cardiac Progressive Care department(s) in the hospital. The Cardiac PCU was an exceptional place to work as a traveler. The scheduler is extremely fair and was very flexible in blocking my shifts as requested. N/P ratio 1:3, occasionally 1:4 on nights. Staff are young, as a whole, but are very helpful and friendly. Heavy use of travelers, hospital is fairly large and busy for community's population. Be prepared to float, sometimes yes, every four hours. Be prepared to get paid to sit as an observer for 4 or 8 hours of your shift because they use observers far more than I've ever witnessed in any hospital. Try the mango chicken salad at the Blue Herron - it was my favorite meal there. Try the Belvedere on a Friday night for an Old Fashioned and their Fish Fry which was super delish! If you're there during the winter, you'll probably spend a lot of your free time watching movies and Netflix and reading, because it was too cold to be outside most of the time for me, 06/24/2017 Housing was approximately 1 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Private Furnished Apartment off of Craigslist. Housing was located in city of Marshfield. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. I paid $525/month for a furnished month to month apartment and so was pocketing crazy stipends! You can find nicer apartments for $800-$1000/mo which a lot of travelers stay in. Don't stay in the motel across the street from the hospital if you can avoid it. Paper thin walls and lots mildew in the windows.
- I worked in the Neuro Intermediate care unit department(s) in the hospital. I felt safe. I took housing on my own and found someone renting a room. It is 3 miles from work and very nice. Marshfield is a very small town but its nice. 02/19/2017 Housing was approximately ?? mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was ??. Housing was located in city of ??. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. I did not take company housing
- I worked in the Float pool department(s) in the hospital. Travelers float first and often; nobody cares if it's a department you're competent in. Charge nurses are inexperienced, in their 20's and more interested in their phones than patients. Inadequate orientation, then blame travelers for not knowing an antiquated charting system after 2 whole hours of training. End contract when census is low. Will 'give' you most horrible patients every shift. If you value your license don't go here.
10/21/2016 Housing was approximately 1 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Neva Jean. Housing was located in city of Marshfield. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3.
- very travel friendly. SICU very organized and team working. PACU very travel friendly, doctors work well with nurses. Great ansthesia back up. The Cornerstone apartments were located about 2 miles from the hospital. No pool or hot tub here. Down stairs apartments were smaller then up stairs. Secure entry way. Two door access but no keep to outside door, only to secured entryway. Very nice management team, no problems. Comes with single car unattached garage, two car available for a fee. Offer no smoking apartment buildings.
Click here for advertising info