Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: University of Washington Medical Center
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||4.3||3.7|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||3.7||3.0|
|3. Hospital Technology||4.3||4.0|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||4.7||4.3|
|5. Cafeteria food||3.3||3.3|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||3.5||3.7|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||3.8||3.3|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||3.8||3.7|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||2.8||3.0|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||5||5.0|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||4.2||4.0|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||4.5||4.3|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||4.5||5.0|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||4.3||4.3|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||4.5||4.0|
|17. How well staffed are they||4.3||4.0|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||4.3||4.0|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||4.3||4.3|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||4.5||4.3|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||81.3(6)||79.2(3)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the Cardo-thoracic ICU; Medical/Oncology ICU department(s) in the hospital. If you are an independent, and competent traveler then this hospital is the ideal place for you. Moderate turnover rate d/t staff pursuing higher education. Floating is occasional according to census of patients and according to which floor you float to the staff are helpful. 03/29/2017 Housing was approximately 3 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was na. Housing was located in city of Fremont. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. I would recommend not living downtown Seattle (Belltown); Other areas downtown that are decent to live is: Lower and upper Queen Ann, capital hill, Fremont, or U district.
- I worked in the Emergency department(s) in the hospital. This is a small critical access Hospital in a safe small town 90 miles west of SAN Antonio TX. Staff is amazingly welcoming and friendly. The workload is manageable and the teamwork is outstanding. 01/13/2017 The name of the housing complex was Local hotel. Housing was located in city of Uvalde. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. I chose a locally owned hotel that was very accommodating to my schedule, allowing early checkin and late checkout. The location is less than a block from the Hospital. This hotel has an area for grilling/gathering on their grounds as well as a large pool, restaurant and bar with pool tables. In addition, they offer a significant discount. This worked for me since I was able to block my days and drive home between them. I'm not sure about full-time accommodations.
- I worked in the CCU department(s) in the hospital. The management tried very hard to be traveler friendly, and they were all pretty great. However, half of the unit were all travelers; and the staff at night was very green and kind of clique-y. Not sure it it's them or the "Seattle Freeze". I was initially hired for CTICU with floats to CCU, and ended up getting stuck in the opposite role. I floated to another ICU at least once a week. Not a huge deal, but kept me kind of a stranger every where I went. Very protocol driven institution. Good ratios, but I was given the difficult to handle or no acute issues patients. Truthfully a really boring job that I was glad to leave. 08/25/2016 Housing was approximately 1 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Airbnb. Housing was located in city of Seattle. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. SUPER EXPENSIVE IN SUMMER. You're competing with tech interns for spots.
- I worked in the ER department(s) in the hospital. Right on the light rail 07/03/2016 Housing was approximately 9 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Seattle Furnished Suites Broadview. Housing was located in city of Seattle. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. Basement suite. GREAT setup. Very close to bus stop.
- I worked in the Resource Team department(s) in the hospital. the resource team was a great experience 05/17/2016 Housing was approximately 3 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Alcyone. Housing was located in city of Seattle. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. get parking for the building costs in your contract
- I worked in the Float Pool department(s) in the hospital. Be prepared to take PBDS test 05/03/2007 Housing was approximately 4 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Summit at Lake Union. Housing was located in city of Seattle. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. Love it here.
Click here for advertising info