Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Mercy Hospital
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||3.8||4.5|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||2.9||3.5|
|3. Hospital Technology||4.1||4.0|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||3.4||3.0|
|5. Cafeteria food||3.1||4.0|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||4||4.0|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||4.1||4.0|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||3.6||2.0|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||3.2||2.0|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||3.8||3.0|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||3.8||3.5|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||3.8||3.0|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||2.8||3.0|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||3.6||3.0|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||3.8||3.0|
|17. How well staffed are they||3.2||3.0|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||3.6||3.0|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||2.9||2.5|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||3.4||3.0|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||71.1(8)||65.5(2)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the ED department(s) in the hospital. 01/31/2018 Housing was approximately 50 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was private. Housing was located in city of Osage. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 1.
- I worked in the ICU float department(s) in the hospital. I floated between their 4 ICU's (CICU-CTICU-SICU, MICU, Neuro/trauma ICU, and Burn ICU). Overall, great assignment, everyone was very friendly and helpful. Always plenty of help, the ICU's use aides, ratios were always 1:1- 1:2. Plenty of equipment. High acuity patients, willing to let travelers take more complex patients once you have proven yourself capable. 07/23/2017 Housing was approximately 5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Greenway Studios. Housing was located in city of Springfield . On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. Brand new studios, furnished optional, very nice, and very reasonably priced.
- I worked in the Critical Care Float Pool department(s) in the hospital. Awesome hospital to work for!! I floated between the 4 different ICU's, everyone was always very helpful and accepting. Plenty of resources and equipment, great ratios, never had more than 1-2 patients, WITH a tech!! This hospital provides good quality care using evidence based practices. Very high acuity patients, but never unmanageable since there was always so much help and all the tools and resources you need. Travelers seem to be well taken care of by the units, never given the bad or super hard assignments, people going out of their way to ask if you need anything. I loved my time here, and definitely would have stayed on longer had it been a better time of year in Missouri. 01/18/2017 Housing was approximately 3.5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Greenway Studio Apartments. Housing was located in city of Springfield. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. Brand new studio apartments, with the option of fully furnished and utilities included. Very affordable, yet nice, new and well kept.
- I worked in the ER department(s) in the hospital. Physicians are amazing and excellent to work with, scheduling was horrible for travelers. The hospital is nice and clean, extreme management issues with all managers quitting or being fired during my contract. Hospital sits in a questionable area of the city. Pt loads were approx 4:1 consistently. Travelers are not allowed to participate in codes or traumas, only their full time staff are educated enough to handle critical situations. Staff is clicky and not travel friendly. A lot of travelers and young inexperienced staff. 08/18/2016 Housing was approximately 100 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was my home. Housing was located in city of Des Moines. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 2. Did not stay locally to hospital.
- I worked in the ED department(s) in the hospital. From an ED perspective......For the first few weeks I worked the fast track area almost exclusively, but as time went on I was scheduled in the zones. It was a nice way to transition because i was able to get my bearings with lower acuity patient loads for a few weeks. It's team nursing so there aren't room assignments, you just pick up patients as you're able to. Travelers are not allowed to have any part in traumas. There is no pediatric hospital in the area so you will see lots of kiddos. Staff members were friendly and accepting of the travelers, but I felt almost invisible to some of the management (didn't bother me because I rarely interacted with them, I just know it's nice to feel included by the whole team). Lots of available shifts in the ED- 7-7, 9-9, 11-11, 12-12, 5-5, and 9-5. As a mid-shifter there was rarely any slow time, but the shifts go by fast and nurses are always willing to help if you ask. Fast paced, lots of patients, high turnover for permanent staff, and overall friendliness to travelers. That's Mercy Springfield. 05/20/2016 Housing was approximately N/A mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was N/A. Housing was located in city of N/A. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. I found a house on air bnb that was great. Did not take company housing.
- I worked in the Telemetry/SDU department(s) in the hospital. The staff was very nice, I made a few good friend from here. It is a Catholic based hospital and they really strive for the treat everyone equally concept. I worked here for 26 weeks and loved it. 12/10/2015 Housing was approximately 5-30 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was COE. Housing was located in city of Various. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. We bought a 5th wheel to travel in. There are some really nice COE (Corp of Engineer) areas to stay. The nicest one is about 30 miles away, but worth it. The volunteers at all of them are very nice. Fort Smith is a neat town with shopping, downtown area close to the Arkansas River.
- I worked in the Med surg department(s) in the hospital. Only things to do are movies and eating out. However, it is close to OKC and Dallas. Very safe, sleepy town. 07/01/2014 Housing was approximately 3 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Stone Creek. Housing was located in city of Ardmore. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. Very clean and well kept up.
- I worked in the ED department(s) in the hospital. Very unorganized. Not helpful. They give Travelers bad assignments/switch your assignment several times throughout the shift. Don't care about your schedule. They lie about how open they are with the schedule. 03/30/2007 Housing was approximately 19 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was 740 Mississippi River Blvd. Housing was located in city of St Paul. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 1. My car was broken into twice. And there was a carjacking in the parking lot of the building. It's noisy and if you get housed on the wrong side of the building the sun shines in your window the WHOLE day....not good if you work nights.
Click here for advertising info