Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||4.4||5.0|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||2.1||2.0|
|3. Hospital Technology||3.7||4.0|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||2.9||3.7|
|5. Cafeteria food||2.7||3.0|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||3.7||4.0|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||4.4||4.7|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||3.6||4.3|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||3.4||3.7|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||4.3||4.3|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||4||4.3|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||4.1||4.7|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||3.6||4.3|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||3.3||3.3|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||4.1||4.3|
|17. How well staffed are they||4.1||4.7|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||3.9||4.3|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||3.6||3.7|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||4.1||4.7|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||73.6(7)||80.7(3)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the SICU department(s) in the hospital. STAFFING RATIOS WERE GREAT COMPARED TO OTHER PLACES I WORKED. HOWEVER, MANY OF THE STAFF WERE TRAVELERS. THERE WAS A LARGE AMOUNT OF FLOATING, BUT NEVER OUTSIDE OF THE CRITICAL CARE AREA, AND I WAS NEVER ASKED TO CARE FOR PATIENTS I WAS NOT COMFORTABLE WITH. MINOR ISSUES WITH ONLY ONE DOCTOR, BUT SYSTEM IS EFFICIENT AND EVERYONE IS GREAT. SWING SHIFTS WERE NICE, BUT MANY WORKERS CHOSE TO WORK NIGHTS. MANY TRAVELERS EXTEND HERE. 01/06/2017 Housing was approximately 35 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was NA. Housing was located in city of KILLINGTON. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. N/A
- I worked in the SICU department(s) in the hospital. This hospital is a good place with a bunch of quirks. Do not come to the SICU expecting to work in the SICU. There is the step down unit and the over flow unit in the PICU. Let's just say I spent over 80% of my contract in step down or PICU overflow. The acuity of this hospital is very low and do not expect to get a single sick patient. The staffing at this place is insane. In the step down they only give you two patients and in the ICU there is always more than two nurses with only one patient. Their charge takes no assignment, they have a resource nurse on every unit that just floats around and helps, AND nurses called flex nurses who just walk around and help people out (and they wonder why they are in a money crisis). The biggest thing to beware about is in the SICU these are very young nurses with all under 2 years of experience. As a traveler you will be walking onto the floor with way more experience than your peers. 09/29/2016 Housing was approximately 30 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Vacation Rentals. Housing was located in city of Canaan/Newbury. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. My boyfriend and I just used vacation rental properties. Housing was insanely hard to find out here. It made it even worse to have a pet. Do not come in the summer time with a pet hoping to find housing. I emailed over 60 people in the fall time and I had two possible houses.
- I worked in the SICU department(s) in the hospital. Hospital is well staffed and very friendly to travelers. Everything is very spread out around Lebanon but the outdoors activities are plentiful. 07/02/2016 Housing was approximately 14 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Rest N. Nest Campground. Housing was located in city of East Thetford, VT. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. We travel in an RV and the Rest N Nest Campground is great. The owners are amazing and the site is beautiful and well kept. Laundry on site. It is relatively remote with the closest stores being 10-15 miles away down the highway.
- I worked in the OR department(s) in the hospital. 03/20/2015 Housing was approximately 2 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Days Inn. Housing was located in city of Lebanon. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 1. The housing situation is prohibitively expensive, no matter what you do. I stayed at the Days Inn and strongly advise all travel nurses to stay away from it! The management is dishonest, unfriendly, unhelpful and customer service of any kind is non-existent. The price for what you get is also ridiculous!
- I worked in the Med Specialties 1E,2E,3E department(s) in the hospital. Management here leaves a lot to be desired. No interaction b/w travelers and management. They do not try to work with your schedule, especially if you rotate. They stated they wouldn't rotate me in the same week or month between day/night but did do so even post email communication asking for "preferred shifts" as they indicated would be possible. Staff is excellent and friendly; lots of new graduates. The work on nights is not bad. Days can get busy with admits/discharges but the ratios are always managed 1:4 on MSTele. Good facility overall with lots of support staff. Staff is happy there, just a big hospital in a rural area it is difficult to keep it staffed. Travelers float first and often. Epic. 01/20/2015 Housing was approximately 12 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Birchwood Condos. Housing was located in city of Queeche, VT. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 2. Area is difficult to find housing especially if you have a pet. Where I stayed was older, more rural. Good because of the dog.
- I worked in the NICU department(s) in the hospital. You will float first, but nurses on other units very helpful, just really busy themselves, which is hard when you have no experience in that area. As far as the town goes, unless your into winter sports and go when it is snowing, NOTHING to do. Nowhere to shop. Housing less than adequate, especially if you have pets. Then housing next to impossible. 08/04/2008 Housing was approximately 3 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was studio in a house. Housing was located in city of Lebanon. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 1. Horrible time finding housing due to pets. Ended up in a crackerbox, which was filthy. No blinds on windows. A/C is not the norm here. Gets into 80's and is really muggy If you like A/C, don't assume it is in the apt...ASK!!!
- Nice facility. Use a lot of travelers and are traveler friendly. The hospital just recently went exclusively with one travel company. I did not extend did not like being forced to use their choice of a company. Staff and doctors were helpful. Great Hospital beautiful complex but Lebanon is very rural and does not offer much in the way of social activities besides outdoor things! I worked in surgery. The housing was called Stone Farms 2 miles away from the hospital in Lebanon. I would rate the housing a 3. Location convienent to hospital Apts numbers 500 and up have air conditioning and washer dryers so ask to be housed in one of these.Has a small fitness room onsite. Fairly quiet fair number of children. House majority of travelers, residents hospital personnel. Finding Apts in Lebanon is tight with Dartmouth College and Medical School only a few miles away
Click here for advertising info