Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Chinle Comprehensive Healthcare Facility
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||4||3.0|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||4||4.0|
|3. Hospital Technology||2.8||4.0|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||2||1.0|
|5. Cafeteria food||2.6||2.0|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||3.2||3.0|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||3.2||3.0|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||3||2.0|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||3.4||1.0|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||3||2.0|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||3.2||2.0|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||3.2||1.0|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||3.8||4.0|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||3||2.0|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||4||4.0|
|17. How well staffed are they||3.4||1.0|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||4||4.0|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||2.8||1.0|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||3||1.0|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||65.2(5)||47.0(1)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the Emergency Dept department(s) in the hospital. I worked at Chinle Hospital off and on as a traveler. Got more respect as a traveler there. The housing is a hotel ($100 a night) unless your agency can get a better deal. The 3 hotels in town have no parking lot security and every summer or so cars get broken into. A friend of mine working there and living at the ThunderBird ( few years ago) got her hotel room robbed- the hotel personnel did not act alarmed. The Housing ( at the hospital) is old. The wind sends a fine orange dust into all the windows and under all the doors. The housing authority will screw with your housing perdiem if you manage to find a couch or room to rent from a coworker. If you go permanent as I did, take pictures of the entire apt plus yards becore you leave because when I left there in June 2016, they charged me over $2000 for bullshit. The ER has a new manager that has no experience in management except in a charge nurse role and she was poor at that. The hospital is union. Which is fine except it can take 2-3 years to remove a difficult employee. A traveler however can be fired fairly quickly if one of the locals don't like you ( ask a tech to do a tech's job for instance). I' ve seen many travelers come and go from there-- some left within weeks of starting their contracts due to hating the place. Up and Quit. The ER used to be a decent place to work but now it has soured. 07/21/2016 Housing was approximately 4 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Best Western Hotel. Housing was located in city of Chinle. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 2. Make your Agency pay for the hotel. I stayed in mine for 6 months. Sometimes though if the hotel has pre-booked your room for instance a wedding reception or if they get a better offer -- few years ago a movie was being filmed at the Canyon DeChelly and all the hotels kicked out their travel nurses in lieu of providing housing for the film crew for a better dollar.
- I worked in the emergency department(s) in the hospital. This is a rural hospital that primarily serves the Navajo people. The town of Chinle is not very spectacular, but the surrounding area as a whole is incredible for backpacking/hiking/camping/rafting and sightseeing at national parks. The greatest thing about this department was the schedule which was 7 days on 7 days off, which allowed me to explore the 4 corners area. 04/18/2015 Housing was approximately 4 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Holiday Inn. Housing was located in city of Chinle. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. There aren't advertised houses or apartments to rent, so travelers end up in the Sacred Canyon Lodge or the Holiday Inn. Holiday Inn was more comfortable and had better wifi, but it was more expensive. No kitchenette or microwave at holiday inn, so bring a water kettle and hotplate to prepare food; there is a minifridge in the rooms. The SCLodge has rooms with microwaves and mini-fridges.
- I worked in the Emergency department(s) in the hospital. Horrible place to work - staff very negative towards patients and each other. Hated my time there and would NOT recommend this assignment to anyone! 02/15/2015 The name of the housing complex was no housing. Housing was located in city of Chinle. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 1. No housing available except in local hotels
- Housing was approximately 1/4 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Chinle IHS. Housing was located in city of Chinle. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 2. 03/27/2013 The trailers are old needs a lot of maintance furniture is old hard seats in most floors need stripping the dust blows in around every window/door any the ceiling the water is brown from the dust most of the porches are rusted and needs work I havent had any safety problems but the street lights or out a lot I have had a garden rake stolen from my back porch so you keep everything inside
- I worked in the Adult Care Unit department(s) in the hospital. Chinle is an IHS hospital, in the middle of the Navajo Nation. Its a bit isolated (2 hours to Gallup, NM), but the area is beautiful and the people are friendly. Its an extremely small-town, so get a netflix account or something! 11/19/2006 Housing was approximately less than 1 mile mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was hospital housing. Housing was located in city of Chinle. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. Travelers are supposed to get furnished housing, including kitchen utensils, but the traveler before me took all the kitchenware and it was not replaced, so be prepared. Also, you may be in a hotel until hospital housing is available; the hotels are 3-5 miles from the hospital, and are comfy. If you have a trailer, its even better- space rent is quite cheap, and you can bring a pet if you're in a trailer (not possible otherwise). Also- there is no smoking allowed in hospital housing, and they hold inspections regularly to check on this.
Click here for advertising info