Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Brigham and Womens Hospital
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||3.6||2.0|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||2.7||1.0|
|3. Hospital Technology||3||1.0|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||3.8||3.0|
|5. Cafeteria food||2.8||2.0|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||3.2||2.0|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||3.4||3.0|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||3.2||1.0|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||3.6||4.0|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||4.8||4.0|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||4||3.0|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||3.9||3.0|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||4.1||2.0|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||3.9||2.0|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||4.8||4.0|
|17. How well staffed are they||4.8||4.0|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||4.1||4.0|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||3.4||1.0|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||3.8||2.0|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||73.3(9)||51.0(1)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the Post Partum department(s) in the hospital. Unit cancelled travelers continuously. Would schedule for 8 hour shifts even tho contract clearly stated 12 hour shifts. Mice and Rats were found daily on the 10th floor. Staff not welcoming, wouldn't even learn names of travelers. Too wrapped up in who was going to take early retirement and complaining about what was going on in hospital to actually do their job. One of the worse hospitals I've worked in! Poor functioning equipment. 08/02/2017 Housing was approximately 10 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was private. Housing was located in city of West Roxbury. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. I found a place on AirBnB that I loved, he however doesn't live there anymore. I also had a place in Jamaica Plain that I ended up having to cancel and move to a hotel as it was unkempt and a cat was living on the premises when she clearly stated no animals.
- I worked in the float ICU team department(s) in the hospital. this was my first assignment as a traveler, and it was one of the best ones yet. I was in float ICU team, I got multiple days of orientation, 2 in different units and my preceptor got me a third as well because we felt it would help. Floated between all ICU's, stepdown, tele, ER holding. Sounds like it would be terrible but I never had a bad shift. They do float frequently, and often you may be on the floor for the first 4 hours and then go to an ICU for the rest of your shift, but never floated twice in 1 shift. They are so well staffed there, I was floated to just take an admission in ICU, or to just have 1 patient, and then there were times I was floated to tele and only had 4 patients. I worked nightshift, parking was free at night, doctors were present in the unit or available through a text system and very responsive. The float team manager is the best and literally just asked when I wanted to work, barely worked any weekends and had off thanksgiving eve. The staff is nice and helpful, but being in float team is harder to make friends since you are rarely in the same unit often. Boston is so great and the hospital was a great experience. 08/31/2016 Housing was approximately 10 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was private residence. Housing was located in city of Boston. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. I got my own housing with 2 other nurses and lived in Brighton which is still Boston vicinity but it is by Boston College. My commute was about 15-20 minutes. Street parking was available and rent was much more affordable. The Last Drop was down the street, known for being the last bar in Boston city line, and the T was nearby however it is near the end of the T green line so keep that in mind. Uber was cheap and fast to get to north end. I had a ball in Boston. Would definitely go back. **Dont move in on Sept 1 - MOVE IN DAY biggest cluster day in Boston**
- I worked in the NICU department(s) in the hospital. I worked in the NICU which is a pretty remote area of the hospital, there are no other pediatric units in the hospital. The nurses were very welcoming to me and the management staff was reasonable with scheduling. I found my own housing, and took public transportation to get in. Parking during the day is crazy expensive, and driving in you will hit a lot of traffic. I was there for EPIC conversion, the facility was previously using paper charting... Brigham has an immaculate reputation to uphold, so staffing ratios almost always work in the favor of the nursing staff! This was my first assignment, and a great place to get my feet wet! 06/10/2015 Housing was approximately 2 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was South End. Housing was located in city of Boston. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. I found my own housing via craigslist.
- I worked in the ICU Float department(s) in the hospital. Hospital is extremely overstaffed. MA passed a law where ICU patients are always singled unless ready for transfer or multiple nurses believe it is a safe double. Be prepared if you are in the float pool you will be the only nurse doubled. The floors will also ensure that you have the assignment no one else wants. I came here to try to expand my knowledge, but was never once given a challenging assignment. I was extremely dissapointed with my time spent here. I frequently talked with the float pool manager who would talk about my excellent experience and how knowledgable I was as a nurse, however this did nothing for helping me take care of a sick patient. Overall, if you want to come to hospital and just make money, by all means it is a great place to work, just be prepared that as a traveler you will not be given any sick patients or anything remotely challenging. 01/03/2015 Housing was approximately 15 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was JE Realty. Housing was located in city of Waltham. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3.
- I worked in the MICU department(s) in the hospital. 10/30/2013 Housing was approximately 3 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Emerson Place. Housing was located in city of Boston. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4.
- I worked in the Surgery department(s) in the hospital. Great facility; over abundance of staff for everything; parking is EXPENSIVE $40/DAY if you don't take the train in or Valet @ $21/day; Food is EXPENSIVE, no discount. 07/22/2013 Housing was approximately 30-45 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Candlewood Suites, Braintree. Housing was located in city of Braintree. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. Free parking, free laundry, no pool, somewhat upgraded.
- Avalon in Danvers apartment complex is wonderful! 03/19/2013 I worked in the ICU float pool department(s) in the hospital. BWH is very warm and inviting to travelers. Housing was approximately 18 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was lived on own. Housing was located in city of Danvers. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5.
- I worked in the ICU float pool department(s) in the hospital. I had a wonderful manager in the float pool. I had a great learning experience and would certainly go back to work there. There is no fee to park if you work the night shift. 04/29/2009 Housing was approximately 10 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was JE Realty. Housing was located in city of Quincy. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. Found excellent housing in Quincy and it would take about 20 min to get to work for the night shift.
- I worked in the ICU department(s) in the hospital. Mice were running around cafeteria at night and in family waiting areas. 10/10/2006 Housing was approximately 5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Charles River Park. Housing was located in city of Boston. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. Could not buzz visitors at door if did not have a massachussets area code and no other way to let visitors in but to physically go get them. Parking was 280 per month and spots not always guaranteed. Walls in apts were like paper and I could hear my neighbors from every direction.
Click here for advertising info