Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Cape Fear Valley Medical
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||2.4||3.0|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||2.2||3.0|
|3. Hospital Technology||2.4||2.0|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||2.1||3.0|
|5. Cafeteria food||2.3||1.0|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||2||3.0|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||2.3||4.0|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||1.9||2.0|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||2.7||4.0|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||1.8||2.0|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||2.4||4.0|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||2.9||3.0|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||2.3||4.0|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||1.9||1.0|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||1.9||1.0|
|17. How well staffed are they||1.4||1.0|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||1.9||1.0|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||1.6||2.0|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||1.6||2.0|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||41.3(9)||48.0(1)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the Stoke/Tele unit department(s) in the hospital. None 08/28/2017 Housing was approximately 1 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Extended stay . Housing was located in city of Fayeville . On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 1. None
- I worked in the Emergency room department(s) in the hospital. Absolutely the worst experience so far with travel nursing. To start off with the hospital is mainly travelers, that don't stay. Everyone I spoke with warned me against this place, saying it was the worst hospital out there. Even my recruiter and patients tried to warn me but I was stubborn and stupid. First off you go through a week of orientation and take a EKG test that is literally designed to fail you and if you fail they cancel your contract. By the way this is the HR department that cancels it and the ED manage (if you can find them) has no say in it. The ER is busy and they give you 5:1 ratios even if you have a level 1 patient. It's very understaffed and unsafe, your nursing license will be on the line. Communication is awful and staff is horribly mean to new travelers. If you ever have a problem or concern you can't speak to management because they are not there half the time and all the other higher ups will roll their eyes at you and say "I don't know it's not my problem". The hospital is dirty and nothing is up to date. They are still doing half computer charting and half paper charting. Overall it was a complete waste of time and a terrible experience. There are multiple reasons why they can't hold staff and only have travelers. Managed, HR and the education department are a complete joke, useless and have no empathy. PLEASE BEWARE TRAVELERS. DO NOT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I DID. 06/17/2016 Housing was approximately 2 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Hotel. Housing was located in city of Fayetteville . On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 2. I took the housing and stayed in a hotel
- I worked in the ER department(s) in the hospital. There were some great restaurants in town. 04/30/2016 Housing was approximately 1 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Extended Stay America. Housing was located in city of Fayetteville. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. The ESA was pet-friendly.
- I worked in the med surg tele department(s) in the hospital. I was not oriented to the floor prior to my first shift, I had issues getting passwords and pyxis access. The workload was excessive and no one I spoke to had anything good to say about the facility. I was warned abut the area repeatedly due to high crime. There was eight travelers on day one by day 14 there were three. I left on day 15. Unsafe assignments. 10/25/2014 Housing was approximately 3 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Do not remember. Housing was located in city of Fayetteville, NC. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. I stayed at an extended stay facility that was recently remodeled. My only issue was the amount of people hanging out in the parking lots that were not staying there.
- I worked in the FCCU department(s) in the hospital. I have been thoroughly satisfied at Cape Fear, FCCU has great management and the staff was very helpful. It is very busy, but that only makes the time go by faster. Fayetteville, the city, is not my most favorite place, but I didn't have to stay there, as I commuted a couple hours a day. 06/19/2013 Housing was approximately N/a mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was N/a. Housing was located in city of N/a. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. N/a
- I stayed here in a motorhome. 09/19/2012
- I worked in the Telemetry department(s) in the hospital. Dangerous understaffed facility 02/07/2009 Housing was approximately 10 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was The Reserve at Carrington Place. Housing was located in city of Fayetteville. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5.
- I worked in the Observation department(s) in the hospital. This hospital is the most unorganized hospital I have worked in since traveling. Everybody wanted to be the boss. Scheduling was horrible, was scheduled to work on Thanksgiving eve went to work wasn't even on the schedule so I went home. Parking is far and you can get a shuttle bus to take you to the main hospital or walk. 08/29/2006 Housing was approximately 15 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Carver Oaks. Housing was located in city of Fayetteville. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. The housing was new and was clean and spacious. Also had an alarm system which was comforting since I am female and was traveling alone living on the first floor with a patio. The neighbors was friendly and looked out for you.
- I worked in Med/Surg. It is amazing JACHO allows this hospital to remain open. The place is filthy dirty. The floor is mainly staffed by travel nurses. I was oriented by a travel nurse on the floor for orientation. There is no support or help from other coworkers. If IV pump beeping they will let it beep all night till you get to it. Parking is way out from the hospital entrance, which is apparently safe to them for the night shift. The housing was about 7 miles away in Fayetteville called Legacy at Cross Creek. I would rank it a 5.(excellent).
Click here for advertising info