Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Bakersfield Memorial Hospital
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||2.1|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||1.2|
|3. Hospital Technology||1.8|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||2.2|
|5. Cafeteria food||1.9|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||1.5|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||1.8|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||1.8|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||1.9|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||1.5|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||1.8|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||2.4|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||2.5|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||2|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||2.9|
|17. How well staffed are they||2|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||2.4|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||1.9|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||1.5|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||39.3(8)||(0)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the rehab department(s) in the hospital. 13 week contract, staff very clickish, did not want a traveler, set in their 'routine', been working with each oth er over 10 years, some 30 years. The mgmt hired a prn nurse to replace me then trumped up a bunch of BS about me. They went into my locker without my permission, like I was a criminal. THis hospital has a HIGH turnover of nurses in the acute care settings. On Rehab the patients called all night, and expected the staff to do their physical work for them, one family member screamed at me because I didnt jump over the desk and answer the light, I was busy with another patient putting in an order (no secretary). Techs were lazy with an attitude. Manager was new and micro managed everything about me, calling me at 3am asking about irrelevant stuff. I didnt meet the director that interviewed me until 2 weeks after I was there, as he was trying to interrupt me during report. He never mentioned the disorganzied manager. Then the manager had us stay late and "act out" a scenerio of questioning patients on "ebola". I'm a nurse not an actress and I get nervous when put on the spot like that. This place is ridiculous. 06/03/2015 Housing was approximately 6 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was RV park. Housing was located in city of Amarillo. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. I hauled my own RV 900 miles to this desolate place with all the 'attitude' of the hospital. RV Park was great.
- I worked in the CCU department(s) in the hospital. Great mixture of cultures among staff,I enjoyed the staff.
The Nursing administrators have their heads buried in the sand, they accept no suggestions and believe they are all doing a wonderful job. Moral is the lowest I have seen anywhere, they had a great interim Director and chased him off because he told them what they do not want to hear. All in all memorial is a dreadful place to work, travelers should avoid Bakersfield at all costs, the pay is good but sanity comes at a cost. 02/12/2014 Housing was approximately 10 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Out of Town. Housing was located in city of Bakersfield. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 2.
- I worked in the ICU department(s) in the hospital. Travelers are treated as second class by the leaders, staff nurses are mostly friendly, lot of Filipino girls Ok if you treat them with respect. Some charting on paper, Robin the director has no clue as to what is going on. there is no communication other than complaints to the nurses . You are not allowed to have a pen purse or anything at work, the manager will search it and tell you it is not allowed. I expect they will ban pockets next. seemed a lot of racial tension from the leaders toward anyone not white. There are so many forms for nurses to print out that it is impossible to keep up with, even their long standing staff have given up. The facility rely upon a Bay area company to tell them what forms are needed, thus you end up charting the same thing 3 or more times. Way too many levels of managers and directors, so nothing gets done. Every problem is blamed upon the nurses. The care is 15 years out of date. The air quality is by far the nastiest in America, some days they warn for people to stay inside. As you walk through the hospital you are mostly ignored. people do not answer when you say hello. Cafeteria food, beware, I have seen the labels still on veggies cut up and being served. Mostly when you get to the floor, you have no access to doors, Pyxis or computers, thus you have a problem getting rolling.
The security at the hospital will have your car ticketed or towed if you park in the wrong area even when you doing orientation. All in all This facility is not a good place for travelers. Experienced travelers stay away and newbies should also. 02/05/2014 Housing was approximately 10 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Gated . Housing was located in city of Bakersfield. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. Housing good to look at , very thin walls thus difficult for night workers to sleep, very noisy.
- I worked in the CCU department(s) in the hospital. CCU Physician med director uses bad language a lot, refused to have a black nurse care for his patients, and was unable to provide any reason why, so make your own conclusion. Partial chart on very old meditec and some on paper proving very difficult to keep up with your charting. Leadership made many racial remarks about Filipino nurses yet smile to their faces. medicine is about 15 years behind. patients length of stay often greater than 28 days. The multiple levels of management leave the Directors with no input as to the running of the department. daily assigned people walk through writing reports of what the nurses are doing wrong and one of the higher level directors even opens peoples personal bags without asking searching for who knows what. The higher management are so disconnected from the nursing staff leaving moral as low as I have ever seen. 02/05/2014 Housing was approximately 7 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Marriot. Housing was located in city of Bakersfield. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 2. The city is troubled with violence and there are many street people. The area near the hospital is just not safe, even the security guards 7 all the time say it is not safe out of the parking area. Housing is ok, the air quality is documented as the worse in the USA. some days they advise to stay in-doors. So outside activity is at your own risk, lot of cancer in the area. The place is ok if you can't get a job anywhere else. Otherwise , stay away.
- I worked in the NICU department(s) in the hospital. The nursing staff was wonderful. I worked nights. Lots of travelers keep going back and some are now full time staff. I extended one time. 09/25/2012 Housing was approximately 8 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Orange Grove RV Park. Housing was located in city of Bakersfield. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. I live in my RV
- I worked in the cvicu department(s) in the hospital. The hospital is in an industrial area, not much to do. The staff are very hostile are not willing to help you with things the computer system, turning patients, etc. I had a very poor experience. 05/24/2012 Housing was approximately 10 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Marriott. Housing was located in city of Bakersfield. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 2. I stayed in a hotel by choice. I do not reccomend the Marriot Convention Center in this city. The service is horrible as well as the staff.
- I worked in the or department(s) in the hospital. Patient saftey is not number one 04/18/2007 Housing was approximately 6 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was The Springs. Housing was located in city of yes. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. Housing was o.k.
- I worked in the Med Surt department(s) in the hospital. I thought it was traveler friendly only because the majority of the staff was travelers on the night shift. The technology was old using Gomco suction machines that rarely worked, not enough IV pumps in the whole hospital, and the hospital was in need of being refurbished. 07/29/2006 Housing was approximately 20 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Edgewater. Housing was located in city of Bakersfield. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. Housing was great,spacious,and in a very nice neighborhood
Click here for advertising info