Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Flagstaff Medical Center
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||4.4||5.0|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||4.3||4.0|
|3. Hospital Technology||3.9||5.0|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||4.7||5.0|
|5. Cafeteria food||4.1||4.0|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||4.6||5.0|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||4.4||5.0|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||4.4||5.0|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||4.3||4.0|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||4.3||5.0|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||4.3||5.0|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||4.1||5.0|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||4.3||4.0|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||4.1||4.0|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||4.9||5.0|
|17. How well staffed are they||4.9||5.0|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||4.9||5.0|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||3.7||4.0|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||4.3||5.0|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||87.6(7)||94.0(1)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the 2E/Short Stay department(s) in the hospital. Awesome. 4:1 ratios on m/s tele unit. Staff helpful. As long as you tell the scheduler (manager) what days you need off and everyone doesn't want that same day off it will be honored. John the current unit manager is the most chill and hands on unit manager I have ever seen ANYWHERE. I've seen him more than once get vitals and help little grandmas to the bathroom when we became short a PCT or when they had to emergently become a sitter or a scheduling snafu. Staff and mgt truly treat travelers as one of their own. Docs super friendly and easy to get a hold of by cell as well. I tell every traveler I encounter to go here!!
And Flag as a city is a fantastic jumping off point to the Grand Canyon South Rim (1.5 hrs) GC North Rim (4.5 hrs), Petrified Forest (1.5 hrs), Sedona (45mins), Zion NP (3 hrs) Lake Havasu and Las Vegas (about 3hrs) Moab and Arches/Canyonlands NP (5-6 hrs), Phoenix (2hrs), San Diego (6hrs). Also know that Flagstaff is in the mountains, elevation 7K feet. It's more like a little Colorado than the what people think AZ traditionally is. LOTS of snow in the winter (over 100 inches and skiing at the Snowbowl) but beautiful summer and fall in the 70-80's. The sun shines year round no matter the temperature. If you love the outdoors, this is your place. 03/21/2016 Housing was approximately 4 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Rock Ridge. Housing was located in city of Flagstaff. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. Nice enough apartment. It was really cool to have a fenced backyard though for my dogs in an apt complex! Property mgrs fine and they love dogs. Campbell Mesa backs up to the back of the complex, hiking outside your door w/o having to drive. I and my pups loved that.
- I worked in the 2E/ssu department(s) in the hospital. Aides sit around and don't hep charges are not helpful or knowledgable. Mainly travelers on the floor. The few permanent staff members are rude. 08/30/2015 Housing was approximately 8 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Rock ridge apt. Housing was located in city of Flagstaff. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 2. Had a pool ac wouldn't work had a leak everyone had their doors open. It is pet friendly and know one would keep their dogs quite! Flagstaff is not that nice of a place for the reputation it has!
- I worked in the Med Surge department(s) in the hospital. Amazing hospital!! Staff is friendly, helpful, area is beautiful. There is camera monitoring, ratio of 1:4, tele techs, awesome PCTs. Only downside is the scheduling. Not even permanent staff has set schedules. Oh and housing is a little expensive but you gotta shop around and hopefully get in the area at the right time before all the college kids swipe up the housing. Awesome hospital with a beautiful area. 07/01/2015 Housing was approximately 4 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was N/A. Housing was located in city of Flagstaff. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5.
- I worked in the SDU department(s) in the hospital. The hospital and most units I floated to were welcoming to travel nurses. There was a handful of extremely negative nurses that made some shifts horrible for Travel nurses. 05/23/2015 Housing was approximately 5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was private. Housing was located in city of Flagstaff. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. I found my own private housing.
- I worked in the Ms/tele department(s) in the hospital. This place is great! I am on my second assignment here and I love it! The hospital is awesome and the people are even better! Not to mention a beautiful town with so much to do! 04/28/2015 Housing was approximately 3 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was NA. Housing was located in city of Flagstaff. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. Cost of living is a little high but this place is worth it!
- I worked in the Telemetry department(s) in the hospital. I enjoyed the staff and the hospital. Flagstaff and the surrounding area are very entertaining. I would return to Flagstaff anytime. 01/01/2008 Housing was approximately 5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Butterfield. Housing was located in city of Flagstaff. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 2. My apartment was old and depressing, but the management was very friendly. The location was great!
- Staff very friendly and welcoming. Felt at home in this unit. The management is terrible but the staff of the unit support each other and keep the morale up. I loved working here and would have never left if it weren't for the managment. Flagstaff is a beautiful town. Lots of outdoor activities. Awesome place to live! 06/22/2006 I worked in the SCN department(s) in the hospital. Housing was approximately 5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Timberline Village. Housing was located in city of Flagstaff. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. Housing was satisfactory. Washer and dryer in apartment, large bathtub, workout facility (not real large though), pool.
Click here for advertising info