Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Methodist Hospital
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||3||5.0|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||3||5.0|
|3. Hospital Technology||3.4||5.0|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||3||5.0|
|5. Cafeteria food||3.4||5.0|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||3.2||5.0|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||3.2||5.0|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||2.2||5.0|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||2.6||5.0|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||3.4||5.0|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||3.8||4.0|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||3||5.0|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||2.8||5.0|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||2.6||5.0|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||3||5.0|
|17. How well staffed are they||3||5.0|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||3||5.0|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||2.8||5.0|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||2.6||5.0|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||60.2(5)||99.0(1)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the Renal/Metabolic Med-Surg department(s) in the hospital. IU Methodist is one of the best hospitals I've ever worked as a nurse. I worked on B5/C5 Renal/Metabolic. The staff all had great attitudes and were very welcoming of travelers. From the start, I was given 5 entire 12 hour shifts of orientation (which is unheard of as a traveler). Patient acuity was high on this unit- you are there to work! Something different at this hospital from other contracts is that the nurses do their own phlebotomy on patients. The team work was awesome and charge nurses were very eager to help. The nurse manager has been with Methodist for over twenty years. Many of the permanent staff nurses have been with Methodist for 5, 10, and 20+ years. When I worked on this unit, there were only two traveler's total. The average patient ratio on nights was 1:5. Acuity of patients was well spread out between all nurses. I was not treated any differently because I was a traveler. There is no micromanaging on this unit. I hope to return to this hospital one day as a traveler or possibly as a staff nurse. 08/24/2017 Housing was approximately 10 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Studio 6. Housing was located in city of Fishers. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. I had a difficult time finding short term furnished housing, and so I went with an extended stay type of hotel for this contract. Studio 6 in Fishers is in a nice and safe location, the extended rate was very reasonable. However, It wasn't my ideal housing setup due to frequent movement of people in and out, small rooms, also not the cleanest. You can take the highway right to downtown Indy and is approximately a 25 min drive with traffic. Lyft rides were about $14 to downtown Indy on a weekend night.
- I worked in the pcu department(s) in the hospital. Inner city is rough around the hospital. Hospital greatly understaffed and nurses are forced to take more pts than safe.They fire travelers if you suggest that conditions are unsafe. Also firing pro-union nurses. 04/20/2015 Housing was approximately 4 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was condo. Housing was located in city of Indianapolis. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 1. Be careful where you stay as neighborhoods change really quickly from good to absolutely terrible. Extremely hard work conditions.
- I worked in the progressive unit department(s) in the hospital. Hospital understaffed/overworked. Travelers given worst patients. Managers lied about conditions/schedules. 04/10/2015 Housing was approximately 10 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was extended stay. Housing was located in city of Indianapolis. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 3. decent.
- I worked in the Pediatric Critical Care Unit department(s) in the hospital. I really enjoyed Methodist hospital. It is a small unit and they all get along very well, great teamwork!!! Would recommend to everyone that is a PICU nurse. 08/23/2006 Housing was approximately 20 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was AMLI @Riverbend. Housing was located in city of Castleton. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 1. The housing was horrible, I refused to stay in the apartment, it was dirty from day 1. WOULD NOT recommmend those apartments. There are much nicer apartment that companies should put there travelers in.
- The staff was very rude to the travelers and treated them like they were awful for being there.
Click here for advertising info