Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: All Children's Hospital
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||3.2|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||2.7|
|3. Hospital Technology||3.7|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||4.3|
|5. Cafeteria food||3.7|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||4.2|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||4.2|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||2.8|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||3.3|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||4|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||3.7|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||3.7|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||3.5|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||3.5|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||3.5|
|17. How well staffed are they||3.2|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||3.5|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||2.8|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||3.3|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||70.3(6)||(0)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the Medical Peds department(s) in the hospital. This facility has been, by far, my favorite assignment in 5 years of traveling. Wonderful hospital, great staff, simple onboarding, very good doctors, thoughtful layout. The hospital building is only a few years old, and is clean, bright, and colorful. The units are designed to assist the nurses to be most efficient with their work. The manager on my unit was wonderful and helpful. The staff was always great and helpful with any questions or issues.
St Petersburg is a beautiful city, and there is lots to do. I lived on the NE side of the city, and it was about 20 minutes to commute to work on mostly low-traffic highways (at 7a and 7p). We were about 15-20 minutes from some of the best beaches I've ever been to (St Pete Beach, Clearwater Beach). There are some great restaurants in the city, and it's simple enough to head out of town to Orlando or some wonderful hot springs near WeekiWachi.
The only downside of the area, is that many of the highways are tollroads. But the tolls are reasonable (a few bucks), and they just mail the toll bill to you if you don't have the EZPass.
If you have a chance to visit this hospital, do it. Nothing but good things to say! 06/13/2015 Housing was approximately 7 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was The Coves of Brighton Bay. Housing was located in city of St Petersburg. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. This is a very nice complex. Quiet, gated community, nice pool. It's not the most convenient to many of the nice things of St Pete, but it wasn't bad, and it is a very safe area. There's also a great seafood place calld IC Sharks just up the road! :)
- I worked in the BMT/Hem/Onc department(s) in the hospital. Zero orientation to computer system (Cerner). Was told "you'll pick it up". After giving shift change report on 3 patients to another traveler, she was pulled another floor and I had to stay to give report to 3 separate nurses. Overheard a staff nurse saying she had refused to he pulled and to "dump it on the travelers, that's what they're here for". Old CVL practices. Strange chemo protocols. 03/10/2015 Housing was approximately 12 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Promenade At Carillon. Housing was located in city of St. Petersburg. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 2. Apartments are old, carpet is dirty. Grounds are filthy. On the good side, apartment is large and has a screen porch.
- I worked in the NICU department(s) in the hospital. Safety of the surrounding area is wrong. That hospital sits in the hood. At night drug deals go on outside the building. Parking then walking in is about 4 blocks or park on the street and get a ticket or stollen. The staff puts on a friendly face but will stab you in the back as soon as they can. Ever charge and relief charge change the rules from night to night. Their biggest issue in this unit is they believe every thing these drug moms tell them about the nurses. Then write up the nurse. I would guess 98% of their Meth/crack induced stories are just that stories. But management is more worried about making them happy then researching the truth and backing their nurses. (Staff nurse vs Meth mom). Meth mom wins every time. Nurse your fired/contract canceled. 07/02/2014 Housing was approximately .2 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Sage. Housing was located in city of St Pete. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. Brand new. Every thing you could want. It's downtown wLking distance to drug stores, grocers, few restraints, and the bay.
- Housing was approximately 6 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was stayed with a friend. Housing was located in city of St. Petersburg. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. 12/28/2011 I worked in the ICU department(s) in the hospital. This was a decent hospital. The other nurses were nice.
- I worked in the or department(s) in the hospital. Awesoem place to work and gain valuable experience 10/01/2008 Housing was approximately 22 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was own housing. Housing was located in city of palm harbor . On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. none
- I worked in the PICU department(s) in the hospital. Housing was approximately 20 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Echelon At the Reserve. Housing was located in city of St. Petersburg. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5.
Click here for advertising info