Travel Nursing Hospital
ranking will be averaged and updated on a continual basis. The highest score for
a hospital is 100.
Travel Nursing Hospital Review of: Cedar Sinai Medical Center
Feel free to rank any
hospital. You are not limited to the ones below.
(within 1 year)
|1. Friendliness and acceptance of travelers by staff||3.4||3.5|
|2. How open are they to allowing you to expand your skills while traveling?||2.9||3.0|
|3. Hospital Technology||4||3.5|
|4. Location (A nice area to live)||4.2||3.5|
|5. Cafeteria food||3.1||3.5|
|7. Physical layout of hospital effecient||3.6||3.5|
|8. Hospital appeal (looks)||4.1||3.5|
|9. Hospital orientation geared toward travelers?||3.3||3.5|
|10. Simplicity being initiated into the system (Do you have to do lots of unneccessary paperwork, drug testing, criminal background checks, etc. in addition to what the agency requires before you can start working?)||3.2||2.5|
|11. Reputation of the hospital||4.1||3.5|
|12. How nice are the doctors to staff||3.8||3.5|
|13. Friendliness of staffing office||3.4||3.5|
|14. Happy with the work scheduling procedure?||3.9||3.5|
|15. How efficient is their system so you can get your job done?||3.2||2.5|
|16. Adequacy of their nurse to patient ratio||3.4||3.5|
|17. How well staffed are they||3.8||3.5|
|18. How happy were you with your workload?||3.3||3.5|
|19. Staff morale (overall)||3.2||3.0|
|20. To what extent would you recommend this hospital to other travelers?||3.1||3.0|
|Total Score (number or rankings)||70.4(9)||66.5(2)|
Return to top of page
- I worked in the NSICU department(s) in the hospital. Orientation was 2 weeks. What I loved was that you had a 1:1 skills session with the educator who was extremely intelligent. Her goal was not only to ensure we were competent but to ensure we were going to function like core staff. There were plenty of opportunities for learning and bein a part of clinical trials. The staff was warm and welcoming and the NPís on night shift were knowledgeable and an excellent source of information. We were part of the pool, not first floated. I think i only floated 2 times in 8 months. I would go back in a heartbeat. 01/18/2018 Housing was approximately 1 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Donít remember . Housing was located in city of West hollywood. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. I canít remember the name of the place I stayed but it was perfect. It was clean and within walking distance to the hospital. Never once felt unsafe walking to work.
- I worked in the ICU Float department(s) in the hospital. the meanest nurses I have ever worked with. Went out of their way to be purposely unkind and unhelpful. Working in the ICU I couldnt ever get help with turning and walking my patients never mind anything else. This attitude comes from the top down. Leadership sets the example and it is all tolerated. 10/18/2017 Housing was approximately 10 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was found my own. Housing was located in city of sherman oaks. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 2. found my own housing. Was a nightmare because of dishonest renters.
- I worked in the float pool department(s) in the hospital. Hospital pays for uniforms for travelers. Nurses have a lot of paperwork and interdisciplinary rounds to do which gets in the way of doing the other parts of your job. The patient dietary system is a nightmare. Food takes forever and is never accurate. I felt like most of my days were filled with dealing with complaints about that. 11/30/2016 Housing was approximately 4 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Woodcliff Apartments. Housing was located in city of Culver City. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. actual buildings were old, but the interior of the apartments was quite updated. Huge interior, lots of closet spaces. 2 pools, indoor gym, business center, laundry located on site. Easy access to highway.
- I worked in the surgery department(s) in the hospital. Nursing management has your back 04/29/2015 Housing was approximately 9 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was NoHO. Housing was located in city of north hollywood. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4.
- I worked in the Case management department(s) in the hospital. Great assignment..... 08/24/2014 Housing was approximately 5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Woodcliff Apts, Overland Ave. Housing was located in city of LA. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. Large occupancy,onsite laundry,pools,work out room,hot tubs,conference rooms,assigned indoor parking "in the heart of everything" with a great public transportation system.
- I worked in the STICU department(s) in the hospital. Overall the "Filipino Mama's" are very rude, unhelpful, and want you to fail at your job. As a traveler you get screwed a lot but they will do everything in thier power to make you admit multiple times a day and sometimes admit a post-op patient and another crashing patient at the same time! My unit sucked but when I floated to other units they were much nicer and safter in patient care. 12/28/2013 Housing was approximately 10 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Mozaic. Housing was located in city of Los Angeles. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 4. Housing was good, I asked to be located near my friend downtown.
- I worked in the Labor and delivery department(s) in the hospital. Bad: Hospital orientation not geared towards travelers. Hospital orientation took 3 days, only oriented to unit 1 day. Would have liked more time orientating to unit instead of to the hospital. Orientation to the unit is all trial by fire. Very little orientation to the computer system. The Manager does not communicate well with staff or travelers. Good stuff: self scheduling, Staff nurses are all very pleasant to work with, Doctors are the nicest I have ever seen, most patients are so greatfull for the care that you give. 01/16/2007 Housing was approximately did not take mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was did not take. Housing was located in city of beverly hills. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5.
- As a scrub tech, I took a position in Sterile Processing. Lots of overtime is available for those who want it!! Chrissy, the dept. manager is great, accepting of travelers ,but ,there are some petty staff members in dept.that are envious of travelers and try to make it difficult for them. They complain to thier union all the time because we get more pay. They think we should get the crappy jobs, like working in decontam all the time. I wonder about Cedars background check competency. There was a serial killer recently arrested, that worked at Cedars for a few years,(and another one, I was told by another employee, 2 years ago!!!) Yikes!!! Get a chaparone to the parking lot!!! Parking lot is a little scary, really.Don't walk by yourself.
None the less, the management is supportive of travelers and agency workers, and treat us fairly. The staff members really give the management a bad rep, unneccessarily. Most of the regular staff, under management, should all be fired in that dept., lots of de-moralizing, troublemakers and naysayers. Lots of work to do. The decontamination area needs a lot of attention.Old, unreliable, equipment and the set up is not conducive to good practice in keeping cross-contamination down. Seems the hospital admin. doesn't want to spend the $$ to buy better equipment. Sterile Processing is a neglected department. The O.R. is not supportive, as they should be, they are very antagonistic and non-compliant. The o.r. is constantly leaving sharps in trays, trash and incomplete trays for sterile processing, yet claim no responsiblity and harass the department for everything imaginable. The staff could use quite a bit more education on cleanliness and cross contamination. The infection rate in the hospital is quite high, for reasons such as lack of education in controlling the enviornmental factors involved. That applies all over the hospital in my observation. (I would not have elective surgery there for that reason.)I feel sorry for them at times, and frustrated. They don't realize that thier laxidazical handling is extremely dangerous. Believe it or not, I did have many good times, made several friends and may go back someday, because it was a great way to see L.A.. I worked in the central sterile processing department(s) in the hospital. Housing was approximately 1.5 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Villas at Park LaBrea. Housing was located in city of Beverly Hills. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. Housing was incredible. Beautiful grounds, excellent location. Carribean feel to the complex. Good Gym on site and business office with access to pc's and fax. Lots of young pple in apartment. Many sunny days in Summer, seldom rained. A bit of smog. Close to Melrose, Sunset Blvd. and Hollywood. Great shopping, lots of restaurants. Lots of trendsetters. Almost ran over papparazzi once!! Saw a few celebs at the Grove. Can walk to the Grove. Close to Santa Monica, great town. Close to Disney, Pasadena(j-lo's restaurant),San Diego. Public transportation SUCKS!!! Not reliable, not enuff, and lots of mentally ill riders!!!CAution!!!! Not many parks for you outdoor types. Lots to do.
- Overwhelming paperwork, tests, and much more.
Be careful to get the real details about the specific unit. You are interviewed by the Travel Companies appointed hospital liason. I received incorrect staffing ratio's and serveral other incorrect unit policies.
The unit I worked, NICU has "self" scheudling, however when I arrived, I was already put on the schedule for November and December and was placed on the Three out of four days of the Thanksgiving weekend (including Thanksgiving), plus scheduled to work Christmas and the two days after Christmas.
In hindsight, I would not accept job until I was able to clarify with unit manager the job description.
Overall, the travelers at CSMC seem content with the hospital and sign on for another contract.
Extremely reputable Hospital.
There are quite a few travelers and so nursing staff are used to Travelors and are friendly to them. I worked in the NICU department(s) in the hospital. Housing was approximately 2 mile(s) from the hospital. The name of the housing complex was Beverly Center. Housing was located in city of Beverly Hills. On a scale from 1 to 5, I would rate it a 5. Housing is on the same block as "The Grove". This is a fun place to go to shop, watch movies and to eat. It is very festive. Broadcast center has absolutely excellent exercise facility that is open 24/7.
Visitor parking can be an obstacle in that they only have about 12 spaces for the whole complex that a visitor can park. Parking on the street is hard to find in the evening.
There are several other apartment complexes very close that other travelors are very impressed with, however most of them don't have a washer and dryer inside the apartment. itself.
Click here for advertising info